It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN uses public funds to attack gun-owners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

"ACORN has, since 1998, received an estimated $31 million in government funding," said SAF founder Alan Gottlieb. "Now they have intervened in a New Jersey gun rights case in defense of an illegal Jersey City one-gun-a-month ordinance that violates the state preemption statute.

"It is an outrage that this group has intervened to defend an anti-gun ordinance that has already been declared illegal by the court," he observed. "So long as ACORN accepts one penny of public funding, the organization should remain absolutely neutral on social issues, political campaigns and especially legal actions defending the right to keep and bear arms.

]Source

I want to know how I can funnel off taxpayer extorted money to fund my own personal and biased crusades. This seems like a great scam they've got going.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Your second quote is dead on... if they are a non-profit org that accepts public funding, they should remain effectively neutral in all things politics.

I wonder if this coming to light will affect their non-profit status?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

I think we'd be hard-pressed to find any org accepting public funds thats honestly neutral. It's a shame.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
yah... I know what you mean...

still, one can hope there's at least one or two honest organizations out there...

*crosses fingers*

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I want to know how I can funnel off taxpayer extorted money to fund my own personal and biased crusades. This seems like a great scam they've got going.

You have to make friends with Obama and Biden, or their new Treasurer. Start a defense or oil related company, or an investment bank. By the end of his term, Obama will have kicked trillions of dollars your way on no-bid contracts and bail-out plans and stuck the taxpayers with a debt of close to $60,000 for every man, woman and child. Then to express your outrage over that, you'll have to complain about a group that gets $3 million a year and wants to limit your gun buying to one a month.

new topics

top topics

join