It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Timeline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Obama Timeline

I came across this website and I would really like to hear from Obama Supporters (BH that includes you) to review this and give feedback.

Fair warning it is a VERY long timeline, and it includes many things that are still "disputed" or "uncertain", but it does provide an online link reference for all of it's entries.

I guess what I am wondering, is this. Are all these entries true, have they been disputed or refuted and if so, where.

I almost hope that most it has been refuted or proven incorrect.

Of course, any opinions about the sources is welcome, as long as you can support the reason for your opinion with other articles.

In other words, Please do not simply say, "Atlas Shrugs" is a shill site, or known to print false information without also giving examples to prove your point.

Okay?

I'd really like to keep any discussion about this timeline cordial and "professional", I hope you will all keep that at the front of your thoughts when you chose to reply.

Again, here's the link

Obama Timeline

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The stuff this person linked will come into question as lots of the sites are not held in good standing...

That was a really good read though, for what it is. I am no supporter of Obama but I don't think anyone can have that messed up of a past. Most of that has got to be lies.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
I came across this website and I would really like to hear from Obama Supporters (BH that includes you) to review this and give feedback.

I read the first 5-6 entries and it some of it is accurate, some is not. I don't know all the information, of course. But I can't read it as it's too wide for my screen and as I pan back and forth, my eyes glaze over.

Are there any items you specifically want feedback on? Because I'm finding I'm not interested enough to go through the entire thing (panning) and after finding inaccuracies in the second item, I feel I would spend several days going through each item and refuting them with sources.

I will address the second item:

If Obama, Jr. was born in Hawaii, he was both an American and a Kenyan citizen because his father was a Kenyan. If he was born in Hawaii, Obama’s Kenyan citizenship expired when he turned age 21. If Obama later became a citizen of Indonesia by virtue of being adopted by his step-father, Lolo Soetoro, Obama lost his Kenyan and/or American citizenship at the point of adoption, because Indonesia does not allow dual citizenship. [219,258]

The first part is true. Obama did hold dual citizenship with Kenya until he was 21.

Just as an aside: There are many "if"s in this document.

On the Indonesian Citizenship... First, the "source" for that part is a blog (also with a lot of "if"s). I'm sorry if you don't want to hear that, but it's a fact. Now, to the facts:

There is no indication that Obama ever became a legal Indonesian citizen. In fact, there is no indication the Lolo Soetoro ever legally adopted little Barry Obama (wouldn't he need Obama Sr's express permission?). Even if Barack Obama said he was "adopted", is it a legal adoption? Or kind of like my sister is my father's daughter, even though she isn't? (She's my 1/2 sister and my father never legally adopted her, but she was just one of the gang, he called her his daughter and she was in his will, etc.)

The only way little Obama could have "lost" his US citizenship is to have renounced it as a child to a U.S. diplomatic or consular officer. In other words, the U.S. would KNOW about it and have records to that effect. If that happened, he can't just "have" it back when he feels like it, either. In fact, that act is virtually irrevocable.

Excuse me for linking to my own posts, but I have addressed this before and don't feel like typing it all out again.

Loss of Citizenship

Renunciation for Minor Children

So, seeing as how there is no indication of an adoption OR revocation of citizenship, we're talking about a lot of "if"s here. And since Obama is a US Senator, and Senators have to be citizens, I'm pretty sure Obama is a US citizen. And you cannot change where you're born, so you cannot lose "natural-born". So, IF Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961, he IS a natural born citizen of the US and NOT Indonesia.

Finally, believe what you want about Obama. I have intensely studied all the claims and read his books and biographies. I feel like I know him and would trust him and his family in my home (and that's saying a LOT!) He's not perfect. He is a man and a politician. He is not squeaky clean. Yes, I said it... He is NOT a Messiah or savior.
He is, in my opinion, the best person available to accept the crappy job of taking the reins from GW Bush and keep this country from flushing completely down the crapper.

I am now convinced that Obama will do a better job than Ron Paul. Paul's a quitter. If things don't go his way, he quits. McCain's a total mess. His campaign's a mess, his VP choice is a mess, his attitude is a mess. He contributed to the state of the country, which is a MESS.

The ONLY viable option we have going forth (as I see it) is to see if Obama can pull it out. He may not be able to, but I am COMPLETELY CERTAIN that McCain and Palin cannot.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I know there are LOTS of "ifs" in the beginning and since those "ifs" already have multiple threads addressing them here, I really don't want to be redundant in coving them here. I bet you would agree

I was really focusing on the timeline from 1979 on. Relationships, interests, the Illinois senate time where earmarks and aledged "favors" were "repayed"

I am trying to make the time myself to look into them all too, today is just not a day with a surplus of free time

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Obama would not lose his American citizenship by accepting indonesian citizenship as this site claims. While indonesia may not allow dual citizenship, no such Indonesian law has the power to strip an American of their US Citizenship. Indonesian law can logically only strip him of Indonesian citizenship.

This smells like the desperation of a Republican Party that knows its facing a 2:1 electoral defeat, and nothing more.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

That's the other point I forgot to make. Thanks for the reminder.

As far as the US is concerned, we don't care about other country's laws. If Indonesia doesn't allow dual citizenship, we don't care. All we care about is what the US law allows and requires. And to lose US citizenship, you have to renounce it, which is a legal process.

red, I'll try to get to your specific concerns tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
As I read about Obama's friendships and activities in school, I am reminded of myself at one point in my life.

And at one time, when I first worked at Intel, I became friends with lots of Eastern Indians, Pakistanis, Iranians and Iraqis. There were Muslims, sikhs and all manner of religious and non-religious people. We all worked together and were friends. We played volleyball together and attended dinners and parties at each others' houses.

As regards Obama's relationships, to say that he was friends with Muslims and gay people means nothing to me, if it's true.

I found this sentence hysterical:

Obama’s friends at Occidental tend to be the more politically active blacks, foreign students, Chicanos, Marxist professors, structural feminists, and punk-rock performance poets.

What a group! It's a liberal arts college in LA in the 80s... Sounds par for the course.

I would just ask you to notice how many times this document says things like, "he may have..." or "it's possible..." or "probably..." or my favorite, "IF"... mixed in with facts... and please tell me you notice that whoever wrote this wants to plant ideas in the minds of people who are already suspicious of Obama. I hope you're not so susceptible.

Basically, I wouldn't trust this document at all. Let me just write a paragraph here to give you an idea of what I mean.

I left home when I was 15 and went to live with my brother. I dropped out of high school. I may have done a lot of drugs. It's possible I got in with a "bad crowd" and broke the law many times. I did spend several months living "on the streets" with other musicians and many times ate at the soup kitchen and asked people for spare change. It is unknown how many men I slept with, so it's possible that I had several venereal diseases, which may have led to infertility. Eventually, I went to college and got an education, but I haven't revealed my transcripts, possibly because my grades were so low that I am embarrassed to do so.

Now, see the picture of me that paints?

I'll let you figure out what, in that paragraph is true and what is false because, you see, it has little to do with who I am now, how I run my life and marriage and what kind of employee I would be.

(I will just say that I was on the Dean's List and Honor Roll and graduated with Honors.)
I'm just not too sure Obama's grades at Occidental matter seeing as how he's obviously brilliant.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
the part that got me was his failure to release his original birth records and his failure to release his college records. have those statements been debunked? what, if anything is he hiding???

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
There are plenty of other threads here that deal with the Birth "controversy" I don't want to go through them here.

BH, yes, I get the idea. But what about known relationships and then when Obama was in the state and US senate, those people and/or their companies getting major financial help from the gov's funding?

I mean, I know that politics is all about one hand washing the other these days, which is crappy, but reality.

Maybe I'm just too old, or my memory is too good, but about 15 yrs ago, Clinton went through hell over smoking a joint. Yet no one is batting an eyelash now about Obama's admitted drug use that included coc aine. I just don't get it.

in 2004, Obama illegally uses state funds for a political mailing??

In April, 2007, chief campaign strategist David Axelrod meets with Obama in Obama’s Senate office; Congressional ethics rules prohibit such use of federal office space for political and campaign activity??

Do the rules not apply to Obama?

I'm sitting here looking at the mess our country is in and the rest of the world too, and realizing that Obama will, in most likelihood, become our next president. And I have heard absolutely nothing about him that gives me any faith that he will have any interest in the security of the future of my children.

I WANT to find a reason to NOT expatriate this year - but it is honestly part of my plan for the future.

Gangsters/Mobsters, indictments, lack of transparency, etc. Does not build faith or trust.

People only hide information about themselves when they KNOW it can hurt them.

Kinda like the "big brother" idea of, if you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about with all the monitoring technology being used on you.

But if you are doing (or have done) something wrong, then you are going to hide it and hide it well.

And that, unfortunately, is the impression I get.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
in 2004, Obama illegally uses state funds for a political mailing??

Check the source. It says, " Barack Obama does not believe that prayer can prevent disasters, but supports good policy in handling them. In 2004 he used state money for a seemingly political mailing."

There's one of those catch words. "Seemingly". Who knows what that's about? That's all they say. Do you just believe it? Don't you need more than that on a site called ExposeObama.com? Think critically.

In April, 2007, chief campaign strategist David Axelrod meets with Obama in Obama’s Senate office; Congressional ethics rules prohibit such use of federal office space for political and campaign activity??

The Drudge Report? For one thing, it doesn't bother me that Obama met with Axelrod. I see no ethics problem. If they had underage prostitutes and were clearly breaking the law and charging it to the state, then I would have a problem. It seems that if Obama steps slightly to the side, people are up in arms, but yet there are so many more serious ethics violations that people ignore. Look into who built Sarah Palin's house for example.

On the meeting:

However, in the very next sentence, Heil explained that the photo is not "evidence of any wrongdoing" and noted that "Ken Gross, an election law expert, said that while ethics rules are very specific that fundraising activities using federal resources is a no-no, there is no law per se that prohibits talking shop."
The Roll Call column is just the most recent example of an emerging trend in the media's treatment of Obama. In the past six months, there have been several news reports that have purported to expose wrongdoing on Obama's part, but, at the same time, noted that there exists no allegation or evidence that Obama acted improperly. Nevertheless, these reports claim that Obama's actions "raise questions" or "raise flags" -- presumably as justification for publishing a piece that contains no real evidence of impropriety.

Source

It's all about putting these ideas in people's heads and letting them form their own conclusions.

It's like people are concerned about a lit match inside a burning house.

I'm sitting here looking at the mess our country is in and the rest of the world too, and realizing that Obama will, in most likelihood, become our next president. And I have heard absolutely nothing about him that gives me any faith that he will have any interest in the security of the future of my children.

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, but is there someone you can vote for who does make you feel more secure? Because McCain/Palin are up to their armpits in ethics issues, illegal practices and plain questionable behaviors. They are MUCH worse than Obama. There just aren't people out there putting them all together in a website to come down on them.

I WANT to find a reason to NOT expatriate this year - but it is honestly part of my plan for the future.

I felt the same way in 2004 and even looked into moving to Canada and Australia. I hope you don't leave. Give him a chance (if he wins).

People only hide information about themselves when they KNOW it can hurt them.

That's not true. Some people prefer to keep private things private. We can't assume reasons people are private or "hide" things. I am a totally open book. And until I met my husband, who is a VERY private person, I thought like you did. But I have come to understand that some people are just more private than others. It DOESN'T mean there's something to hide. It's about trust. I naturally trust people so I am just "out there".

Hey, I'm old, too. But I guess I just think about it differently than you.

Smoking pot and doing coc aine when in college is NOTHING to me. I mean, what effect does it have on who he is today? What does it really mean?

And you're right. Politics involves scratching each other's backs to get what they want. That's just reality. I'll vote for your bill if you vote for mine. I'll fund your project if you talk to so-and-so about my interest. I'll buy that lot next to your house if you hold a fund-raiser for me. But that doesn't necessarily mean all these people are "dirty" politicians.

I know it's probably hard for some to believe, but I trust Obama. I'm not saying I'd marry him or anything, I just trust his judgment, I don't think he'd go "too low" to get what he wanted. He's a good person.

top topics

join