It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline Pilot UFO sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Just looking at this. The commentry is in spanish.

Basically the image was taken and at the time he didnt think too much of it as he couldnt see it clearly. When looking in closer detail on the computer however it turned out to be a very unusual object.

They checked with Air Traffic Control and no plane or other object was visible on radar at the time. The image was tested for tampering and passed the tests.

Doesnt seem to have been posted before. Quite an interesting close up view.

odeo.com...

[edit on 26-10-2008 by silver6ix]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
just another bird.

they seem to love airports, crazy animals, seen some videos of them being sucked into jet engines, quite nasty

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Would have to be a bird flying at supersonic speeds then. There were two images shot 5 seconds apart and it was gone in the second image. So either its a hellishly fast bird from a new species we havent encountered that has mastered supersonic speeds, or it might just not be a bird. My own feeling is that it isnt a bird, this based on the fact it looks nothing like a bird and also moved way to fast for any known bird

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I haven't saw this one before.

The pilot explains it calmly and professionally, the three times he saw UFOs, and the investigator also explains his opinions professionally, a good video and a good find.

Flagged.

PS: just before hitting the "Post Reply" button I went looking for more information, and I found this analysis by that investigator.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

A bird flying closer would not need to fly as fast as a far away object to disappear in little time, but this time I do not see anything that shows that this may be a bird.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Very nice find. Very well done analysis and well presented in a professional and clear way.

It seems to have been a metal object given the way the light reflected, "metal or similar to metal" was as the report described it and not manipulated in any way, it lines up with the light of the sun and the ground shadows of the plane.

Nice find!

I agree a closeup bird would vanish but it would probably show very clearly at that range rather than the object in question.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
CORRECTIONS. The photo was taken on November 28, 2004 in Costa Rica
NOT in México. The story was presented on September 2008 by TELETICA
Channel 7 Costa Rica. The photo was taken by pilot Dario Zamora from
the TACA airline in the local airport Juan Santamaría, Costa Rica.

You better change the title of this thread with the correct information.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Changed.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed.
By the way, they were taken in Costa Rica, many sightings are reported there all year long...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I would love to get the RAW data of the image(s) to Jeff Ritzmann or David Biedny for a thorough analysis. Anyone know how to contact the pilot?

I have to agree that does not look like a bird, BUT... we are looking at Youtube video resolution. It's simply impossible to tell what anything is, with any certainty, at that low resolution.

Cool find and potentially a solid addition to the UFOlogy landscape.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Not directly, but theres a couple of emails which could be contacted to see if the original image could be obtained, or a contact for the Pilot.

These were the two people who did the image studies on the photograph.

----------------------

Estudio realizado por:

Ing. Edgar Picado Chacón

Ingeniero en Sistemas de Cómputo

Investigador OVNI y temas afines por más de 25 años.

[email protected]

www.ovnicr.com

Carlos Vílchez Navamuel

Investigador del fenómeno OVNI desde hace 30 años.

Autor del libro OVNI, Lo que usted Jamás Sospechó

[email protected]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Springer, good resolution images can be found in the investigators pdf document that ArMaP linked above.

There is construction going on at the airport and the aircraft is being serviced and cleaned, judging by the bag of trash outside the door and the activity inside the cabin. Possible the UFO is just a light piece of debris kicked-up by the wind or exhaust from one the many generators and vehicles in the vicinity. Just some things I noticed.

I don't know if I trust the distance estimation as the photographer did not see the object at the time so all we have to go on is the image.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
*sigh* If I hear another person say "It's a bird" as their explanation for everything I"m going to neck myself.

top topics

join