It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What turns the police from friend to enemy?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kwapp
The amount of envy here is just purely hilarious. Your arguments are not even making sense now and you have missed my blatantly obvious points several times, showing that you really have no social skills at all and probably really do live in mom's basement. Or maybe you just have trouble reading. Oh, but you read law books at the library and the constitution! That makes you a professional on how the law works these days, I guess. It's no wonder you have trouble with the police. Heh. But what was I trying to do debating with people on a conspiracy site any way?

The aliens are coming to get us!! And the police are all working for the aliens! Look out! AHH!

No wonder police officers also have to sometimes do anal probes.

*twirls finger in a counter-clockwise motion next to head*

But you're probably just a troll trying to get my goat. I'm done here.

More of the same from you. Is is normal for a police officer to make crazy assumptions on the people they are dealing with? I mean, if someone disagrees with you, then obviously they are stupid, live in their mom's basement with no social skills. Obviously if they visit a site like ATS, they think aliens are coming to get us, and the police work for the aliens.

I don't generally like to brag on my accomplishments. But I'll just say this much - I live in one of the most expensive parts of the country. I'm an executive in my company for the tech side, and my official work title is CTO. Chances are, you have used technology I myself designed in the past year. I could read at the age of 2, couldn't write til later as I couldn't control a pencil that well, but I could spell with my building blocks.

But apparently, since you can't debate the topic and have to attack the person instead, the truth of who I am doesn't actually matter to you. It's much easier to live in your fantasy world when you can just make up stuff about them. I mean, who actually cares about the truth of the matter anyway?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

Originally posted by badmedia
That is what they have judges for. You'd think a cop would understand the terms innocent until proven guilty.

That's a common misconception.

It is the court, and only the courts, that work under the principle of "innocent until proven guilty." Clearly, law enforcement is not under that restraint. The act of arresting and booking a person is performed under the assumption that the person being arrested is guilty of a crime.

Mr Penny, this post should precede every discussion about cops.

Once I was walking home from work late (2 am) from a train station on the street through a (deserted at that time of night) industrial area.

A police cruiser pulls up beside, two young cops get out, and one of them immediately pulls his baton. They start asking me questions, especially what's in the small back satchel I'm carrying.

Now it's an hour and a half train journey each way to work, and on the train I read.

They pull the contents of my rucksack out and put them one by one on the bonnet of the cruiser.

There, in the amber glare of industrial street lights, I am looking at the books at my books arranged on the bonnet of a police cruiser. Very surreal, considering the titles of the books. There were two books:

Three Plays by Bertolt Brecht

and

Homer, The Odyssey

The three of us together stood looking at these two books with beautiful covers. I don't think I've loved books more than at that moment. They were emblems of victory, understand? Not victory of me over the cops, and not a symbol of the right or otherwise of the cops to search my bag (which was all they did), but victory for humans, for the truth that people are free to walk along an empty industrial street at 2am with two books in their satchel, one of them the oldest written story still extant in "novel" form and about 5,000 years old.

One of the cops half-bellowed: "Like reading do yer?"

"Yes," I said "I do."

They put my books back in my satchel, nicely, and drove away.

Freedom is in your mind, and no-one NO-ONE can take it from you.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by undermind]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhamBamTYM
I think we all have a sort of low-level understanding that the police should protect us and uphold the law.

Re: All the "Police are there to protect everyone" talk in this thread, it's simply not true.

This federal case Warren vs. The District of Columbia (www.gunowners.org...) ruled long ago that Police have no duty at all to protect individuals.

Police job is enforcing the law and catching bad guys. They are not bodyguards.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well without having read any of the post.

Did you see the guy trying to interview William Ayers the other day?

On that day William thought the police were his friends, and called them for HELP, even though he was against them during his terrorist days,

MY how the worm turns, lol

In this case they went from enemy to friend,

Ain't life grand?

[edit on 103131p://bSunday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

On that day William thought the police were his friends, and called them for HELP, even though he was against them during his terrorist days,

Everyone hates the police... until they need them.

...Then they go back to hating the police the next day.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalExplanation

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Everyone hates the police... until they need them.

...Then they go back to hating the police the next day.

Sounds logical, lol

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

these laws dont stand today if handled properly. traffic court is civil,not criminal,so to have standing,the officer has to show damages.they cant for a traffic offense.
also,you wanna know why i consider them enemies? my daughter was molested by a police officer. when i tried to do something about it,i was thrown out of the police station and threatened. the officer searched my 14 year old daughter,after he took her off my porch an d arrested her for curfew. he took cigarettes from her that were down her pants. i asked him how he got them and he said he had patted her down reached in her pants and took them. he also told me he would do it again if he had the chance.
i then sued them and she was promptly arrested,so we had to drop the case. i went thru every legal agency in the state ,up to the governor's office,and no one would do anything.instead we were investigated,and watched constantly.
at one point they sent the twp out to my house and painted the curb yellow with out posting signs,and gave me a ticket. i beat it,and this only escolated the situation. i had to take my daughter and move from the state.

nice bunch of guys? it was the most corrupt bunck of lackies i have ever had the displeasure of having to deal with.
i'll go with about 95% bad,from experience

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Spectre0o0

In my experience you would be accurate in the 95%. I don't think most that enter an academy with the thoughts of serving the public know what they are in for. The group mentallity is prevelant in all law enforcement departments, it is where the danger comes from for us civilians. They cover for each other breaking the law as they go.

In about half of the cases I was involved in were vacated in the courts due to police action. They fabricated evidence, lied in reports or were inept during investigations...they lie under oath at an alarming rate. Law enforcementt should be a nuetral player within the justice system...they are not, their directives come from the D.A's office who are interseted in convictions and not justice. The D.A's in turn protect corrupt police to pump up weak cases and head off law suites.

I also had a daughter that was arrested for interfering with the "duties of a public servant". An off duty county sherriffs deputy was abusing a group of teenagers demanding I.D. and searching them. She stepped in and all hell broke lose resulting in her being beaten and arrested. It changed her life and mine. The sheriff's dept. covered and lied for him.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your daughter. Police are public servants, paid with our tax dollars and must be made accountable.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Witness2008]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sayzaar

When I went before the judge in 11/06 for the 9/11 related trespass civil disobedience I noted that in a democracy MOST people consider the police to be their friends. This is as it should be. However, under fascism, the relatives of police will be ashamed of their relations.

To contrast Gene Sharp's distinction between a nonviolent and violent conception of power. The violent conception of power sees the adversary as a monolith as in the phrase," Talking to him is like talking to a brick wall," The nonviolent conception of power sees the adversary as dependent on the cooperation of it's minions.

There may be nothing as important as 911truth activists as undercutting the desire of police to defend their treasonous masters.

[email protected]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join