It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R.1955 Violent Radicalization & Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
# Violent Radicalization - the process of adopting or promoting an extremist belief system for the purpose of facilitating ideologically based violence to advance political, religious, or social change.[8]
# Homegrown Terrorism - the use, planned use, or threatened use, of force or violence by a group or individual born, raised, or based and operating primarily within the United States or any possession of the United States to intimidate or coerce the United States government, the civilian population of the United States, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.[8]
# Ideologically Based Violence - the use, planned use, or threatened use of force or violence by a group or individual to promote the group or individual's political, religious, or social beliefs.

Doesn't this pretty much mean that the things posted in this particular forum are in direct violation of this act?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

You are absolutely correct. The broad scope of the definition, as contrived by the authors, includes nearly any form of communicated dissent.

This is technically, unenforceable in light of the precept of 'free speech'. The Supreme Court may not have faced this challenge yet, but unless we become a blatantly fascist state, it will have to deal with it eventually.

The authors rely heavily on the notion of 'context' to defend their wording. But it seems evident that the verbiage was carefully crafted to allow its application whenever the establishment finds it convenient.

New laws, ugh! These people should have come to ATS for guidance on how to craft this 'act'. They would have prevented a lot of abuse that will no doubt arise from this act and its enforcement by 'contracted' agencies.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
You should read the book "Behold a Pale Horse".

This law is just one of many that was passed... your country has been taken over while you were watching Britney Spears.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

you are absolutely right on the mark about the american people and their lack of responsibility to this country and to their children, of which, i am guilty. while i tiptoed thru the tulips the last 40 years my children are now in la la land.

look at some of the threads on this website. make me cry.

new topics

top topics

join