It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Software can Block drivers' cell-phone calls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hmmm...with all the hype about cell phones being used against us, the new movie EagleEye (don't know if it correlates, but it adds a NWO vibe to the topic) here is a nice snippet from CNN regarding new software that can detect when a cell phone is in car speeds...and blocks incoming calls and texts!

This software

Well, this has software has yet to become a "requirement", but I smell big brother, big time...I have no idea if Aegis has any past or present dealing with their government, but does it matter?

They add breathalyzers to repeat DUI offenders, so I am sure they can work this into the system somehow, and it may just be a matter of time....and I can only hope this does not get written into law.

I understand it is a consumer product at the moment, but do you think it will ever become a federal/state requirement?!

[edit on 10/15/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
When my phone rings while I'm driving, I ignore it. When I get out of my car, I will check to see who called and if they left a message. If they left a message, I'll call them back. If not, depending on who it is, I'll ignore the call. I am not a slave to my phone. I don't need to drive around with a binky in my ear. My cell phone is a convienence for me, not a master that I must answer every time it rings.

I don't need the government to turn my cell off when I am in a moving vehicle. What if I'm a passenger? Will my phone be turned off? Even hands free phones can be distracting while driving.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Good topic and interesting find buddy..First eazy pass... now this. If it were to pass I know My phone would be turned off so there is no signal looking for me. Shoot with the kind of work im in they can find me no matter what but I would like to make it a bit difficult for em..lol..Star and flag for a new and refreshing topic here on ATS. Maybe its time to buy some stock the company who gets the defense contract..ooops I mean whoever gets the contract.My bad

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

What if I'm a passenger?

Good question...I'll see if I can find that information...

My cell phone is a convenience for me, not a master that I must answer every time it rings.

I hear you Lima Charlie...but what if this convenience turns into a privilege?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Well, i found this:

Using GPS it determines the user's "driving context," disabling incoming and outgoing calls and texts and holding messages to deliver later.

From this site...

Looks as if it would not affect the passenger, but who knows what glitches await everyone who utilizes or has to utilize this product...

top topics

join