It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Law: Good Thing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Frankly, I am beginning to wonder if martial law might not be a good thing when the hordes of "I can't feed myself or my family. I need a handout." types start roaming around the country looting and stealing.

So many Americans have lost the ability to fend for themselves the military does not need to worry about revolution as they do de-evolution.

Our well educated forefathers fought tyranny after a long series of transgressions, that they were very attentive to, culminated with a single offense that triggered outright revolt.

Now, matters are much worse. We surrendered our freedoms with hardly a peep. We watched as the government lied to us time again. And now that the green tit is running dry and folks are losing their cable, Americans suddenly want revolt.

In some ways, we deserve what we are getting. Our highbrow wives that care more about the vanity of 'eternal' youth than their children. Husbands who are more concerned with their bass boat and their 19 yo secretary than they are the issues that usurp their freedoms.

In no small part we are too blame and deserve the crushing defeat that will most certainly come.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
That is exactly why they are letting it happen.
So you come to depend on them.
The starving people will never bite the hand that feeds them!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I am pretty sure that I would do whatever it takes to keep food in the belly of my pregnate wife,Tooth fang and claw if it came down to it. Im sure others here would agree.

link   
Yes, "if" the populace reacts in a predictable fashion, you will need some protection......Never imagine that the USG or mil will be there to protect you from the "hordes", they will ONLY be there to maintain order (as defined by the USG).......Your personal protection will be up to ONLY you.....

link   
I got the High Brow wife, now where's my Boat and 19yr old Secretary?
Just kidding about the wife she loves our kids, but seriously where's the secretary?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

I don't know about a general Marshall Law declaration.
Here is what I wish they would do, though.
Take a battalion down to Wall Street, gather up all of the crooks that put this country in ruins, and put THEM in the FEMA camps. Then head to Washington, and round up all of the traitorous Senators and Congressmen such as Barney Frank and Chris Dodd, that were in bed with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, re-unite them with their buddies in the FEMA camps. They CAUSED this mess.

Why were AIG execs allowed to take an 8 day vacation paid for by OUR taxpayer money?

Why are these CROOKS still free on the streets, and STILL dipping their hands in the cookie jar?

Why is Congress ADJOURNED when the country is falling apart?

Why is BUSH down at his ranch in Texas, while the country burns?

Is anyone listening to us anymore?

Nero fiddles while Rome burns!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Sorry folks, but I think Americans have lost the spirit for anything save for moaning and gritching. Do yourselves a collective favor and give up the John Connor fantasies.

We were defeated the moment they signed the Patriot Act.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
hey buddy maybe you should move to to russia. if i want to sit on a bass boat with my 19 yo secretary while my kids go out and party at a marilyn manson concert and my wife is away on a spa vacation and fish for barracouda while puffing on a big fat Cuban cigar then i have every right in the world to do so. the governmment needs people like you who seem to aspire to boredom and try to convince the rest of us that martial law is what's best for us, look here, the government already tells us what we need or want too often as it is, do u want them telling you what books to read and wipe your butt as well?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

amen brother

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius
hey buddy maybe you should move to to russia. if i want to sit on a bass boat with my 19 yo secretary while my kids go out and party at a marilyn manson concert and my wife is away on a spa vacation and fish for barracouda while puffing on a big fat Cuban cigar then i have every right in the world to do so. the governmment needs people like you who seem to aspire to boredom and try to convince the rest of us that martial law is what's best for us, look here, the government already tells us what we need or want too often as it is, do u want them telling you what books to read and wipe your butt as well?

Maybe if you read a book once and awhile you would know who Johnathan Swift is. It's called satire, now please return to puffing on the phallic symbol manufactured in a communist nation.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

it was an outrageous respons to an outrageous question...i was trying to further your satire...i suppose it isn't always obvious on the written word, something is lost in the communication, but that is what i was trying to do. it was obvious because of lines like the one about us already handing them our freedom and such, i was trying to further the satire. srry it wasn't clear enough, i shoulda put a PS on it or something.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
i am in total agreement with that proposal

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

we will never be defeated by the patriot act unless the will of the true american patriot dies and they will never be able to defeat that will, maybe slow us down or kick us in the shins but the spirit of america will stomp their head.
they think that they have all the money and guns and ammo but we know we have the spirit!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Martial law, is a good thing if you want all your independance and freedom fully taken from you, what does this remind you of leading too.

Think about it?

Hmmm a child again.......... Now really think about it.

But I just want to give my opinion. Yes America is in dire state etc, yes the people are just to blame as well as the government. But do you really want to give away your freedoms and become dependant like kids.

That is going backwards, find out what the hell is going on inside you internally and any other American to say such things, as you've said.

It makes me wonder anyway, It's very clear to me, what the dangers are first and second the danger of the rest of you falling down with it.

Seriously realise the consqueneces of Martial law will actually do. You have the choice to turn things around, By agree to this law, you are basically saying "yes we screwed up take my vote and all my power and do what you want with me and my country"

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius

it was an outrageous respons to an outrageous question...i was trying to further your satire...i suppose it isn't always obvious on the written word, something is lost in the communication, but that is what i was trying to do. it was obvious because of lines like the one about us already handing them our freedom and such, i was trying to further the satire. srry it wasn't clear enough, i shoulda put a PS on it or something.

Mea Culpa Maxima. I do find myself lost in the translation from conversation to written word. My entire point to this absurdity is to provoke thought on this very dire subject.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

I don't know about a general Marshall Law declaration.
Here is what I wish they would do, though.
Take a battalion down to Wall Street, gather up all of the crooks that put this country in ruins, and put THEM in the FEMA camps. Then head to Washington, and round up all of the traitorous Senators and Congressmen such as Barney Frank and Chris Dodd, that were in bed with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, re-unite them with their buddies in the FEMA camps. They CAUSED this mess.

Why were AIG execs allowed to take an 8 day vacation paid for by OUR taxpayer money?

Why are these CROOKS still free on the streets, and STILL dipping their hands in the cookie jar?

Why is Congress ADJOURNED when the country is falling apart?

Why is BUSH down at his ranch in Texas, while the country burns?

Is anyone listening to us anymore?

Nero fiddles while Rome burns!

just make sure you add the Republicans as well as the Democrats to the mix (bankers, regulators, etc.), send them all to guantanamo, waterboard them all to find out where offshore they're hiding most of their money, and then set trials.

top topics

join