It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany To Allow Domestic Military Deployment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Germany To Allow Domestic Military Deployment

news.yahoo.com

BERLIN - Germany's governing coalition partners want to change the constitution to allow for military deployment within the country if needed to combat terrorism, officials said Monday.

The proposal would allow use of the military only if police are overwhelmed and cannot properly respond to a situation themselves.

"It is not to be used generally, but only in very specific cases," Interior Ministry spokeswoman Daniela-Alexandra Pietsch said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
'Specific cases'? I'm guessing that includes dissidence. All the recent talk about the U.S. Government amending legislation to enable the deployment of troops on American ground, in my opinion, is heavily compounded by this news that Germany wishes to do the same. It cannot be a coincidence, and in my opinion, it cannot be for the purpose of protecting the people against outside terrorists. Conventional terrorism has always involved a relatively small group of people - which shouldn't require more than the existing domestic police to be dealt with. Domestic military deployment can only be for large-scale natural disasters or mass crowd-control. And seeing as how we can't effectively predict natural disasters, and both the U.S. and Germany are paving the way for domestic deployment, my guess is that something big is on the horizon.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Starring and flagging this as it's clearly outside the realm of coincidence that Germany is now yet another country not just restationing millitary troops domestically, but even taking the added step of changing their rules to do it. Heh, now that I think about it, at least they're acknowledging that their Constitution doesn't permit it and trying to change it... our buffoons simply ignored that law and stationed the brigade for domestic operations in violation of America's laws.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I was calm when I got home.

My hair is raised now and this news makes me depressed.

thanks for informing me though, this is valuable information.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul

'Specific cases'? I'm guessing that includes dissidence. ....

You must realize the the Bundeswher was an army seriously curtailed on their abilities to act , due to historical reasons. The Allies made sure that the German Army was well kept under a close leach. They already did previous changes to their status when they wanted to send troops to Afghanistan. This is just an extension of the same principles. It's not because Merkel is preparing to send the troops kick the Germans back in line.

In fact , if you guys look at previous historical 'revolutions' and semi-revolutions in Europe, the Armies where very rarely on the Gervnment side, there's plenty of examples (Portugal , France, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Spain... ) You guys seriously discount the Armies own ambitions.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see what countries follow suit. I also guess this fits in nicely with the one world banking system and order, maybe what we are seeing is all just part of the bigger multi-country co-ordinated plan. Could it point to a world revolution and not only an American one??

Good post

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmlima
You guys seriously discount the Armies own ambitions.

This is matter for a different discussion. What the armies ultimately choose to do is not the issue here, it's what the Government expects their armies to do that worries me.

Originally posted by captiva
Could it point to a world revolution and not only an American one??

I sincerely believe - and did so before discovering this news - that if America implements martial law, it won't be alone. This economic crisis (and the banking cartel who engineered it) is a global institution, not an American one. For if tensions arise on American streets, the rest of the Western world (at least) will have exactly the same reason to do so in their own streets therefore a clever regime will anticipate that dissent will explode similarly in each affected country.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul

You guys seriously discount the Armies own ambitions.

This is matter for a different discussion. What the armies ultimately choose to do is not the issue here, it's what the Government expects their armies to do that worries me.

Really? Then, how can you ascertain what are the intentions of the German government, aside from their public reasons. Guesswork?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Really? Then, how can you ascertain what are the intentions of the German government, aside from their public reasons. Guesswork?

If you read my initial response to the news article, I explained why I believe there are sinister intentions behind this. I suppose you can call it 'guesswork' - I have no proof. But I prefer to call it 'process of deduction' - an educated hunch. No need for you to take offence to this thread my friend. If you disagree that there's anything untoward going on here, that's just fine. I'm not saying that there's going to be martial lockdown tomorrow, but there must be an eventual reason for this coinciding U.S./German way-paving.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
After the second World War Germany seems to have become America's little doggie that follow its owner everywhere....just like Holland, where I live. Holland and Germany also supply technology to them ...well, were just puppies!

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Mercuryae]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercuryae

After the second World War Germany seems to have become America's little doggie that follow its owner everywhere....just like Holland, where I live

Germany and Europe should stop following the United States; our leaders have driven this country off a cliff. Our founders are rolling over in their graves.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

I don't know about Germany, but the USA has "National Guard" in each state that are to be used for these EXACT domestic reasons, so it follows that I have no idea why the USA is placing Federal troops for domestic actions in our own country.

That above all else is the big red flag. People will say, "but the National Guard are being used in Iraq". Which just goes to prove my point. Don't you think "they" know that and planned it that way? (Problem, Reaction, Solution, do your homework).

Now that Germany is following suit, it should now be obvious that check mate is being set up. Problem is, it isn't the Queen who is about to get jumped, it's all us pawns...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Now that Germany is following suit, it should now be obvious that check mate is being set up. Problem is, it isn't the Queen who is about to get jumped, it's all us pawns...

Yes. Had Germany attempted this move on its own, or even perhaps the U.S. on its own, I would barely have batted an eyelid (and indeed I've not been too concerned about talks of domestic troops in America). It's the simultaneousness of the move in different countries that leads me to believe that the pieces are being put into place.

top topics

join