It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% Almost OOBE'd tonight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

I remember getting to that stage and hearing what sounded like a train engine running in my bedroom.
It was very loud with lots of bass.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
when i was unnemployed and/or studying, i was trying so hard to have an OBE... and it never worked past the buzz and the fear.
some nights ago i was fully awake by 4 am and i needed to "wake up" by 6 to come to work, I was trying to sleep but i couldn't!!... and it happened. The buzz lasted 10 seconds? there was no fear and... pop! i was outside my body! it was very weird because i didn't wanted to have an OBE! I wanted to sleep!!!

i've had OBES while in yoga (i practise Kundalini Yoga, and the last portion of the class is a deep relaxation... and by that point you're extremely tired.. the 99% of the practisioners fall asleep on that part). The first time i was drifting to sleep and pop! i was over the room, looking at my classmates sleep and looking how the teacher was tweeting on his iPhone while we were in relaxation!

Kundalini Yoga is amazing, really
edit on 3-2-2012 by Caggy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
double post whoops.
edit on 3-2-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucky guy
That is bad if you are having this. But good if you know why.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sigh. Why do some christians have to turn everything into some bible story and credit everything to either God or the devil. It's really pathetic that you would try convince some guy he's getting attacked by demons and scare him just because of your personal religious beliefs. Why can't you just keep your religious beliefs to yourself? You don't even know if this person believes in god and yet you're trying to tell him he's getting attacked by demons.. pathetic.

ANYWAYS, I used to dabble in this stuff. Many times I got to that crazy, and awesome, stage that you describe. The feeling that your body weighs a thousand pounds, the shaking, the buzzing, the works. I actually found it rather exciting. However I never "got out of my body" or "astral projected" doing this. Usually I'd eventually snap out of it or fall asleep. However one time, I did have an "OOBE". This was before I ever tried to have one and what got me interested in the subject. I was lying on the couch falling asleep next thing I know I'm floating near the ceiling looking down at myself lying there. I also saw my mom come into the room, when it ended, I did wake up and my mom was in the room (could just be a coincidence). It certainly was weird, however, I'm not convinced it wasn't just a dream, real as it seemed. I've also had many very real seeming lucid dreams that other people might think are "astral projection".

After my efforts, I personally think these heavy feelings/electricity/buzzing is just what the body does when it's shutting down and going to sleep we just usually are unconscious during it. So this whole thing is just keeping your consciousness as your body falls asleep. I don't think it has anything to do with leaving your body or anything like that, just my opinion and personal experience. I know there's people that have gotten out of their body/astral project (myself included that one time by accident) etc but I currently think they are probably just having very lucid controlled dreams and think they are out of their body when they're not. I need to see lots of data and real experiments showing people reading hidden notes in other rooms while OOBE/astral projecting then reporting them accurately before I'd be more convinced, yet no one does this, curious. I'm open to being wrong, one day I'm sure I'll get back into this stuff and try again and I really hope I'm more successful this time.

Regardless of whether we really get out of our bodies, or we're just having incredible lucid dreams, the experience is amazing either way and lots of fun. I mean, I lovee lucid dreams I have sometime, nothing is more fun than being able to do whatever you want in a dream and having full control over it.
edit on 3-2-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join