It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Redundancy warning: I'm new here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hello. Call me Glitch. Everyone else does.

I spent a lot of time lurking here before I actually joined and since I joined I have been fighting the urge to actually post (I like the shadows). I feel that I should properly introduce myself before adding my 2 cents to topics that interest me, so here I am!

I'm called Glitch because I'm a klutz and a computer geek. About ten years back, after a particularly nasty fall, a friend blurted out, "She's a walking glitch!" and the name has stuck.

I don't really remember the original reason that lead me to ATS, but I do know that I haven't been able to go a day without spending at least 3 hours reading the new threads. I love the fact that intelligent debate has a chance here. I am really looking forward to joining in with all the chatter.

I have a strong interest in the paranormal, history, anthropology, religion, UFOs/aliens, and questioning everything. I do believe things outside what the world would call normal exist, but I am a firm believer in skepticism.

In the real world, I am a student of English with a background in British literature (no I'm not from the UK, I just prefer their literature), editing/proofreading, and I have recently decided to try my hand at creative writing. I make a living with graphic design and a little bit of photography.

I can be a bit sarcastic, but it seems that a lot of you are as well, so hopefully it won't be a problem! I'll try to keep it to a minimum until I'm somewhat established.

Laters!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Welcome Glitch!

I think you will find that what you consider your faults may help you to fit right in here.
We are all a little piece of a big puzzle.
Now that you are a member..get posting and have a blast!
Don't forget to come on over and visit us in BTS.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Thanks!

I really do hope that you are right (about fitting in). I really don't want to wish that I had never started posting to begin with!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
nice to have you here with us. i geuss you can say in some kind of way that we all here are a little bit of glitch, not to steal your nickname or anything hope you enjoy all the topics here watch out though this place can be very addictive. they may need an AA for ATS.

crawgator406

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by glitch88

I can be a bit sarcastic, but it seems that a lot of you are as well, so hopefully it won't be a problem!

Nope...that will not be an issue, as Sarcasm is always the Drink of the day around here...

Welcome and enjoy!

Cya on the boards.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Hi Glitch and welcome to the Above Network, please check out the ATS Handbook if you have any questions that you need answering.

You will also find Avatar and Signature Guidlines there aswell. Also check out BelowTopSecret to cool off and meet some great people..

That about raps it up, Ill see you on the board!

~JDN24

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Welcome glitch! Glad to have you on board. Oh, you'll fit in just fine. Just like all of us do.

May I recommend the ATS debate forums? When you need a sarcasm recharge or outlet, with a strong basis of lighthearted arrogance, we're always ready to provide. See links in sig.

Again, welcome & enjoy!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Thank you, everyone.

It might take me a little while, but I think I will enjoy posting! Glad to see that sarcasm is welcome.

Ian, you mention the debate board; is that one of the boards that you need permission to post in? I seem to remember something along those lines when I was reading all the guidelines when I first joined. (It is something that I am interested in)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by glitch88

Glitch, yes, the actual debate threads are restricted to the two participants of a particular debate -- you get your 'fighter' title when you enter your first debate, and can then post in the debate forum.

There a Public 'Fight-Club' Pub thread, with more info, where first-time debaters can post a challenge and sign up for a debate. Debating can be a real challenge, though -- I'll be the first to admit that we can spend a little too much time getting caught up in our own dialectic, sarcasm, and wit -- that's what makes it fun, though

Of course, that's true anywhere here on ATS! Also you might perhaps enjoy some of the member Podcasts (see the side-bar at the right-hand side of the screen); they can be interestingly humanizing especially since the board can seem so big at times.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Welcome to the board !

And, have a fun

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hello ...and welcome

(editing/proofreading,]

Great another spelling police in our midst LOL >>

I will do my best to try and use proper grammar when I see you in the posts ok lol ..

top topics

join