It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women genetically less intelligent than Men?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Didn't bother reading the thread, but yes, statistically speaking women score less than men in IQ tests. If we agree that those tests measure intelligence, then we can conclude that on average women are less intelligent than men (like on average Africans are less intelligent than Europeans and Europeans are less intelligent than certain Asian populations). But remember, this is statistics. My sister for example is for sure more intelligent than Joe Average. I'm thinkin she would land somewhere betweem 120 and 140, which is quite typical for academics. Joe Average with IQ of 100 is imo not very intelligent at all. I'm around 150 and see myself as very average, I can't even begin to imagine how the mind of a person with IQ of 100 is. And to think that it's just the average. That means there are tons of people with IQ of less than 100. Does critical thought exist @ 90? How about 80? Some people really get a terrible hand when it comes to genes..

[edit on 28-5-2009 by rhinoceros]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Looks like your post is boosting your points quite admirably. That's proof of superior intelligence right there, eh?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by mortalengineMen are more logically intelligent than women, if we're talking about a smart man vs a smart woman. There isn't any real comparison there to be honest, men are simply more analytical and logical than woman.

If men and women with the same IQ are compared to each other, yes I would agree that MOST of the time the men will be more logical. However many posters in this thread are saying "well there aren't any female Einsteins therefore men are smarter than women" which is utterly ridiculous.

There are a heck of a lot of stupid men in the world. Those that believe they are smarter than most women because the share the same XX chromosones as Einstein are living proof of that.

I think the answer is not so easily defined by simple single-dimension metrics.

Not to brag - but I'm often considered scarily intelligent, observant, and have no restrictions with regards to my aptitudes. My opinions are often given a lot of weight amongst people who know me.

Of course, I know at least two women whom I consider my superior. Ironically, they tend to come to me (or another guy) to reinforce their viewpoint. Usually - if they have an plan or idea - I consider it to be brighter than my own.

It just seems women tend to want a male to make a decision.

That's not to say women can't make a decision - but that they tend to prefer to run it by a guy.

I also think that the presence of a male tends to place a woman at ease (of course - assuming their relation is not hostile). One of my friends consistently notes how my mere 'presence' (even if only online) seems to make it easier for her to work through a variety of homework-related problems.

I've noticed the same thing with other people - a girl will call me over and ask me to help them with a problem, they'll show me what's going on and go back over their steps, and then find the problem as they are explaining the problem to me (it works even when they are working math that is well ahead of what I'm studying).

So, I figure it's a sort of confidence thing - knowing that they have someone covering their back, and not competitive in the same manner as guys usually are.

Of course, by that same token, when a girl asks me a question - I learn/recall the answer exceptionally quickly - though I don't know if it is for the same reason girls tend to be more adept when in the presence of a male friend/companion.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Most people are influenced by emotion.

The ones who think that they are not, or that they are "naturally" less influenced by emotion are instead so influenced by it that they cannot even SEE themselves.

How "rational" is that?!?

My very intelligent husband's brain turns off in emergencies. My ex who had a high IQ, was the stupidest person I have ever met in some ways and was very bad in emergencies.

Whereas I am rational enough, even in an emergency, to be able to think for myself and several other people - sometimes several other uncooperative people.

My daily job requires logic.

Men are FAR from unemotional. The idea that men might be superior due to a "lack" or a "control" of emotion is ridiculous. Look at the male dominated societies around the planet. Look at them in history. Most of those societies are completely controlled by male emotion.

Most of their retarded laws that make no sense are based around this supposed "rational" mind but are really meant to be pancea's to male insecurity. The complete lack of anything approaching logic and rationality found in most male dominated societies proves out what a ridiculous idea this is all together.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by mortalengineMen are more logically intelligent than women, if we're talking about a smart man vs a smart woman. There isn't any real comparison there to be honest, men are simply more analytical and logical than woman.

If men and women with the same IQ are compared to each other, yes I would agree that MOST of the time the men will be more logical. However many posters in this thread are saying "well there aren't any female Einsteins therefore men are smarter than women" which is utterly ridiculous.

There are a heck of a lot of stupid men in the world. Those that believe they are smarter than most women because the share the same XX chromosones as Einstein are living proof of that.

There are more male Einsteins because....men are more expendable in the game of life. So one-offs to see if they can be different AND still breed are best tried out in males. Plus, having only one X there will be less tendency for averaging out between two potential dominant chromosones. They only get one chance, and the effects of the recombination from coming through from their mother's recombination is a purer test of genetic sustainability.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hi. Some really smart folks 'round here. Could someone pls. help me over smth.?

I need, I crave to know what is the area of overlap between two random triangles as a function of their tips.

Let me rephrase. What is the area of the surface contained within both triangles, knowing the x and y coordinates of their tips, the vertices?

Please, a single equation. No algorithm, no computing of intersection between edges or other lines or line segments. No possibility of division by 0. No decisional blocks. Welcome to use absolute() as in |-7| = 7 to emulate such, though.

Alternatively, why it can't be done.

2D geometry, of course. Triangles are coplanar.

Thanks, would really mean a lot.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Nothing?
Nothing at all?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

There is a difference between being educated and having genetic, and therefore biological intelligence. The latter does not exist and is called biological determinism and is the same sort of thing as thinking white people are more intelligent because they are white.

ALL of Homo sapien sapiens have the same capacity for intelligence and that includes the two sexes. The fact that there have not been any female Einsteins is a sociological factor, not biological.

can males have bigger brains than females, of cause, but that is because of males having more body mass, which needs more brain to control. The neanderthal had a bigger brain volume than sapien, and anyone who said they were more intelligent than us would offend plenty of folk i dare say.

Will there be a be a theory on par with Einsteins theory of relativity envisioned by a woman, of cause there will. there are plenty of women in various fields of science today, and their work does not go unread because of them being a woman.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
What is the area of the surface contained within both triangles, knowing the x and y coordinates of their tips, the vertices?

Please, a single equation. No algorithm, no computing of intersection between edges or other lines or line segments. No possibility of division by 0. No decisional blocks. Welcome to use absolute() as in |-7| = 7 to emulate such, though.

2D geometry, of course. Triangles are coplanar.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Do your own homework boy.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm going to chime in here, because people do not seem to know the normal IQ.

Grade Range Percent
Genius 144 0.13%
Gifted 130-144 2.14%
Above average 115-129 13.59%
Higher average 100-114 34.13%
Lower average 85-99 34.13%
Below average 70-84 13.59%
Borderline low 55-69 2.14%
Low

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
See I just find it a funny assertion in general.

Males don't have unique nDNA under the vast majority of cases.

When a set of two Xs get together in the egg, they recombine to form two new recombined X chromosones. XX is a girl.

Males get one entire X, unaltered, from their mother.

Intelligence is a trait that would found on the X chromosone.

There really isn't that much on the Y. Androgenizing effect. If you'll develop hair in your ears as you get older (see, The Universe has a sense of humour).

So, genetically, what a male is they get from their Mother. So, how can one be "more" "genetically" intelligent if your what you have is all from a woman? And what you got from your Dad doesn't contribute to your "genetically" influenced intelligence?

The fact that this doesn't occur to people who think that they are more intelligent because they are men, always amuses the hell out of me.

Better, if a man wants to have children with a woman who isn't smart - well that means that one's SONS are unlikely to be all that bright. Considering one would probably prefer sons because they are "more intelligent" this is also highly amusing. Worse, if you happen to be a somewhat intelligent guy, your DAUGHTERS are more likelyt to end up being the smarter of the children you have with a dumb woman.

Funny. The Universe has a hilarious sense of humour.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

Intelligence is equal, how we interpret things is different. As a man I immediately ask my friend Science to explain it. If he can't help, I ask my friend Logic to help Science. if those two eggheads can't do it, I ask Spiritual and Emotional to go on the worktable. Most of the women I've seen ask Emotional first, then ask the other three to the work bench all together. The end result will probably be the same more than often. And it is really situation specific as to which way is better. Some things require the later way of thinking, others require the first way of thinking. In the end, it's really evolutionarily great. It requires men and women to work together in social groups. It is the key to our success as a species.

Of course I seem to be a hybrid of both some times. Perhaps being the source for the reason that I am better than most of my male friends, as they all are locked into that behavior, I have no problem consulting both ways of thinking and seeing which way is better.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Do your own homework boy.

Won't you please help me with my homework, sir?

What is the area of the surface contained within both triangles, knowing the x and y coordinates of their tips, the vertices?

2D geometry. Triangles are coplanar.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

I have had relationships with men and what I see is that..yes, sometimes I do think unclear because of my emotions...However...The men think even more unclear because of thier anger and pride. When we had problems I would try to talk it out. That is a logical, inteligent thing to do. Men, that I have been with, don't talk things out or want to do the smart thing. Yes, men and women think differently, but in no way unequal.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Women genetically less intelligent than Men?

lol!

Highly doubtful.

Simply look at our own history for the last 200-300 years..
Predominantly controlled and shaped by "men"..
and look where we're at!
not in a very good place.
I think it's pretty safe to say we are close to 'effed'.. thanks to all the "great men" who have shaped this "civilized world"

I think if woman had more of a role in creating the society we have today,
we would be far better off than we currently are.

I don't even think it's really a question.
Regardless of what "science" may or may not say about it.

no, I'm not a woman. lol

edit on 25-6-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnmajor
i dont mean to be sexist or anything...

the facts speak for themselves, on the whole women are completetly inferior to men on every level apart from maybe emotionally. They can argue until the cows come home but men have evolved to do the thinking and the earning.

Einstein, shakespear, newton, da vinci, galilei, fischer, pascal, list goes on! not many females make the grade.

That's a crock. Men didn't evolve to do the thinking. Most societies began as matriarchies. Men were either second class citizens or third class citizens.

The first Creation stories of nearly all Caucasian groups were of a female-supreme deity--Gaia, or Mother Earth. It was Goddess Gaia who created all humans and everything on the earth. Gaia's significance is that men lived in an inferior position to women. If women had been inferior, then male deities would have come first. Gaia-worship goes back to the Last Glacial Maximum, whether it be the Aegean, Mesopotamia (little clay booby-dolls are Gaia-worship), and even Native Americans crossing Beringia believed in a Gaia-mother earth giving birth to humanity.

The first crop deities were all female. Most spring up around the Younger Dryas. It was women who invented agriculture, not men. Women used to do the gathering of food and they realized it was just easier to stay in one spot and keep the gathered plants all in one place and grow them yourself. Rather than wandering around everyday looking for them. And that's why all burial goods that are crop burial goods are found with women. Whether it be China, Mesopotamia, Mediterranean, Aegean or Atlantic-- you find the first crop burial goods in women's tombs. Men didn't invent agriculture--women did.

Women used to hunt too. It wasn't always gender divided. In some cultures only women held the weapons of axes and bows and arrows (example Crete from the Younger Dryas 8500 B.C.E. to approx. 1450 B.C.E.) Some of the first hunting deities were Artemis-like.

Of course, when men gained power-- they began to get rid of the older deities or would rewrite the origin stories trying to claim that their male gods impregnated all the others (ex. rewrites of Zeus and the Titan deities) And men rewrote history as the conquered matriarchy after matriarchy. Egypt was a matriarchy. Crete was a matriarchy. Mesopotamia was a matriarchy. China began as a matriarchy. England/Ireland were matriarchies. Various Native American tribes were matriarchies. And those matriarchies invented agriculture, weapons, and many of the other things that you wrongly attribute to men.

The most advanced civilizations today are the ones with the women in the work force. When men refuse to allow women in the workforce--that's what you call a 3rd world country. They have no chance to advance unless they allow women into men's jobs.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
I think that women are far less likely to weigh out decisions devoid of emotional ties. I think women are highly intelligent and often times can run circles around men in brain power
... but reasoning abilities based in rationality is something that *most* women have to acquire through MUCH discipline. Rare is the woman that has this ability naturally.

Good thing too because being emotional prone is not a bad thing... particularly when you consider the reason why it is a part of our nature.. motherhood

Justamomma,

That's your personal upbringing. My reasoning capabilities score very high on tests. And most of what the men are posting on here about women's IQs is nonsense. I have an IQ above 160.

Motherhood is something that you are taught--or that a woman has to teach to herself. How you choose to do it is your own accord.

And the alleged myth that women are more tied to their emotions-- also taught. Women can untie themselves from their emotions any way they want to.

With regards to men v. women with physical strength-- also a learned capacity. I grew up never believing to be weaker than a man - physically. I remember as a kid, there were these 4 Mormon boys that used to beat up their little sister, so they thought it was OK to beat up me and the other girl across the street. Their mother never stepped in to protect their sister. So I beat all 4 of them up and their mother came out, screaming - freaking out- that a little 4-year-old had beat up her 4 sons ranging in age from 5 to 10. And my grandma came over to pull me off of them.

Grandma gave me a lecture on being "lady-like". Grandpa was proud. He was laughing. So no--there's nothing physically weaker about girls v. boys either.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join