It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual Survival Items

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
At least those in America are allowed guns to protect themselves with if the balloon suddenly went up and society collapsed. We in the UK would have to create are own weapons. I can think of nothing better than a home made (or bought) crossbow. Have a look at this homemade, lethal, crossbow.
uk.youtube.com...

There are also plenty of places in the UK where you can buy crossbows complete with telescopic sightes etc,and best of all, they're legal!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
*Shiny Toy Warning*

What dyou get when you mate one of these..

...with one of these?

The answer is one of these bizarre hybrids..

Either an 'Airbow' capable of firing .68cal paintballs or .22 cal pellets

or...

A .22 rimfire blank-cartridge propelled arrow-rifle

I wants!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Chemlights are a must-have in any kit.

Corn chips too (Tostitos, Fritos, any chip friend in oil) will hold a flame for a while.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I have not found this posted any where else so here goes

Fire starters come in all kinds and types. The old flint and steel bit works great but does take some skill. I found and yes I have tested it, a much better way and it takes very little skill. I am suprrise this is not sold in every camping store there is. It is cheap ($3.50 USD) and little weight and some simple to use. I keep one in the truck and one in my BOB.

fire starter

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Definately include a range of plastic bags, zip-locks, garbage, shopping all of these are useful and take up minimal space, it dosen't require a lot of imagination to conjure up multiple uses for them. Also think about other small items which would be handy like rubber bands, paper-clips, fishing line (and some tackle!) etc. And ever since I saw the movie "The Book of Eli" I have been hoarding KFC moist towellettes, I don't even eat there!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Umm the most unusual item i have in my BOB, which often gets me raised eyebrows is 2 pairs of tights. They can be used to strain water. Flynet(ish) and one tip my dad taught me when he used to be a roofer is they can be worn under the jeans for warmth. He fell off of a 3 floor roof when i was younger and apparently, while his shin was sticking out from where his kneecap should of been, he was screaming for his mates to "Get his f**king tights off"
He's my hero.lol

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiftyMedi

Ha ha brilliant. Good thread this. I'm not really a survival type, but you never know. I've always thought that a roll of cling film would be one of the most handy items ever, you could use it to wrap stuff, waterproof stuff, make see through windows in things, make it into a sort of string, keep food clean, wrap yourself in it to keep warm, repair tents and what have you, make water carriers / collectors. Plenty of uses I should imagine.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join