It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huxley talking about "Brave New World" and "1984"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Let me start by saying, that i think we already life in a scenario mr huxley desrcibed as a brave new world.

So here is huxley giving a brief statement on that he thinks it may be here already.

So with things like mobile phones and the crap they put into all our water supplies, do you guys think, that we are there already. For me it describes why people are so different than they where 100 years ago, when at least people seemed to have some freewill in them.

So guys, what are your thoughts on this, and for those who say why cannot people wake up, maybe you should read brave new world, for starters.

Thoughts please....

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
S+F from me Andy,

A must read, and I for one will allow my thoughts, as we all do on ATS free reign here now, as thankfully, not yet, it seems more like Quite Yet, The Thought Police can't quite yet come and knock the door.

Though that time is very near I fear!

And as said
"Who Controls the Past, Controls the Present"

Like current George W and his Dad, and Grandad eh?

If you never have I can honestly say, like many here I have currently hundreds of books, and I have lost count of the amount I have read and passed on in my life, however these book's and here are the screen adaption's below are:

Google Video Link

And

Brave New World

Google Video Link

Have had probably the most impact on my view of the world when younger, and they are soo scarily accurate to what is happening around us.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I picked up the following link for the ebook version of Brave New World from the Reindhart thread running on ATS.

Thanks for posting the screen version too.

Brave New World eBook

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Maya,
I prefer the written word, our imagination if used regularly can be better than any director or Hollywood experience, so thanks,

And to bump this for people to watch read if they have not yet.

Want to understand better what is happening in the crazy world around us now?

Well watch or read the above and you will be amazingly more informed.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

new topics

top topics

join