It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate approves its own bank bailout package

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

hi i am not an American I'm English ,and i don't really understand how your system works,but if the bill is not passed would the bonk go bankrupt In England if this happens the assets are confiscated ,would the fat cats get there assets taken away,and end up like the rest of us poor mortals struggling.
Mary

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Okay, now I have a stupid question. I just got to thinking; the folks on tv are talking about the financial crisis causing students to not get loans for school, thus we must do this bailout so that can happen again. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't student loans GOVERNMENT loans. How will bailing out the banks make it so the government can hand out loans to students again? Putting the government and the taxpayers in more debt to the tune of 700 billion dollars doesn't make me think that the government will now have more money to be handing out student loans. If fact it seems to me that the opposite would occur. I may be way off base here but it sound like a scare tactic and they are hoping the average American doesn't catch on.

I hope someone here with more financial savvy can help me out on this question.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

I would speculate they are talking about private student loans and not the government subsidized student loans.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You also need to consider...Exactly, precisely which businesses? If any of those businesses also happen to be the same businesses that caused the problem, they shouldn't get anything at all.

Yeah, the article did say "small businesses" & "individual investors," that still doesn't seem quite right...After all, even small mortgage loaners were part of the problem & "individual" investors would still include people like the Rockerfellers & Rothchilds. Individual investors also includes those foreigners (some of those foreigners were the banks & governments) who invested in a lot of small-business mortgage packages too.

I wondered this too. Was there any definition of "business' and how much money will be divided between homeowners and businesses.

Is 100k going to homeowners and there rest to bail out more businesses?

[edit on 2-10-2008 by nixie_nox]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

This page should answer most of your questions about student loans. The loans still go through banks.

www.staffordloan.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well...

I am writing my Rep. Or... Trying to. I guess the People are hitting the server BIG TIME! It will not go through - yet. I will keep plugging.

Everyone! Write and tell your Rep (as I told mine) to "Grow a set and represent your voters!"

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The MSM were lying once again to our faces. Without repercussion, without truth, without integrity. They looked us straight in the face and told us that their was a tremendous amount of phone calls in favor of the bailout, when the true ratio hadn't changed much from the 100:1 in disapproval. I'm as bummed as you are, but we'll see, man. We owe it to our country to at least try.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
So the vote in congress is supposed to be tomorrow?

Anyone knows at what time the vote is scheduled?

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks the bailout is a good thing is an idiot. It may stabilise financial markets for a few months or so, but six months later, we'll be in the same s*** caused by the same corrupt bankers and yet again those naive & gullible suckers called the public will bail them out again & again & again & again, until you're broke, on you're knees and grovelling.
Meanwhile the bankers will be laughing their asses off, counting their trillions in their off shore bank accounts.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by kindred]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
Okay, now I have a stupid question. I just got to thinking; the folks on tv are talking about the financial crisis causing students to not get loans for school, thus we must do this bailout so that can happen again. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't student loans GOVERNMENT loans. How will bailing out the banks make it so the government can hand out loans to students again? Putting the government and the taxpayers in more debt to the tune of 700 billion dollars doesn't make me think that the government will now have more money to be handing out student loans. If fact it seems to me that the opposite would occur. I may be way off base here but it sound like a scare tactic and they are hoping the average American doesn't catch on.

I hope someone here with more financial savvy can help me out on this question.

this doesn't actually answer your question, but it seems this is affecting the colleges adversely....

www.nytimes.com...

sorry for not going into details here, got to run to work...
can't be late....blah, blah....blah!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join