It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With All Eyes on the Bailout, House Passes Trillion-Dollar Defense Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

With All Eyes on the Bailout, House Passes Trillion-Dollar Defense Bill

www.blacklistednews.com

On Wednesday, the House passed a mammoth defense bill by a 392-39 vote. It's expected to clear the Senate with little difficulty next week.

It was part of a trillion-dollar stop-gap measure to keep programs running through next March, allowing lawmakers to skip town without passing a final budget. The Associated Press reports, "The legislation came together in a remarkably secret process that concentrated decision-making power in the hands of a few lawmakers."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.alternet.org

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Not surprising: we are totally drowned with a single news story: the congress debate about the $700 billion dollar wall street bailout, while congress easily passes a military spending bill for $1 TRILLION dollars!

This is what really makes me sick. All that wasted, and inefficient spending in the military. Now I m not trying to say that we should cut all defense spending, but honestly do we really need to spend 1 trillion on defense right now? NO! But its all part of the massive raping of the US coffers by the Bush buddies in defense and military companies.

Another interesting point we should take DUE NOTICE of is this: ""To earn President Bush's signature rather than a veto, House and Senate negotiators dropped several provisions he opposed. They include a ban on private interrogators in U.S. military detention facilities..."

So Bush said: allow private interrogators in US detention facilities or else.

Why do we need these private interrogators?
Could it be because they have less oversight to monitor them and hold them accountable violating Geneva conventions?

The USA I stand for, and fight for has no place for private military thugs or interrogators.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well they are sure glad that passed this bill, too bad they don't have any money to pay for it... Today we all sit and watch as Rome burns... The military has destroyed our country, their greed for power has run it into the ground...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GrndLkNatv

I agree with you.
Bush = Nero.
Blackwater = Praetorian Guard
Far reaching campaigns against hostile local insurgencies sapping the strength of the Empire.

Greed Greed Greed

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Unbelievable. I am really speechless and appalled. I am so naive that I am surprised that this has not even reached the MSM.

Nice Decoy.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
(Dr. Evil)One TRILLION dollars!(/Dr. Evil)

In a way, I think part of our national spendmongering is influenced by the FED simply because more money out there means more interest going their way. It has nothing to do with national security...if anything, the spoils to backlash ratio is less than worth the effort.
The military operations in Iraq and Iran are most likely an effort to get them converted to american currency denominations for their OPEC action just like everyone else already is...cha-ching.
The nation would be more secure if it were solid and truly united.
You know, the whole "to help others, first you must help yourself" deal.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Misdirection is their main strength, isn't it?

They will always be, exactly the opposite of what they say they are.

They are trickster, and con-men, opportunistic parasites, and self-serving self-proclaimed elite celebrities. It's no wonder they are so easily bought and swayed. They have no moral compass and no sense of duty to the people or loyalty to the actual nation.

And yes, that includes the heroic 'McCain.'

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Not yet.. still voted down two times...
Wonder what it could be...
Let me think as a good conspiracy minded citizen.

They are wonder how much the pay out will effect them...

the solution.. make government employees exempt from the bail out.

Bush will scare them into passing.. hi ho Dub Ya.

ED: The Bailout bill.. not yet.. sorry.
ED+:Trillion-Dollar Defense Bill .. the policy of the Reagan years..
and biggest blunder ever. Truman had problems with the Nazis
also: Dulles to Forestall ... pad more defense for the saucer boys.

[edit on 9/29/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

[edit on 9/29/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

new topics

top topics

join