It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dow drops 300 points after only 60 mins of trading (After Vote Bill was defeated)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I see people are predicting Bushis planning on declaring Martial Law in his adress to the nation tomorrow morning, and all though I do believe things are getting bad. I dont really think Bush is even that stupid to try and push MArtial Law. At least not yet...things are bad but not bad enough for him to constitute martial law and get away with it.

But thats just my opinion on his adress tomorrow, I could be wrong and we could all be staring at Army parading down are streets very soon. who really know in this whole mess.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I don't think it's quite as bad as everyone is led to believe by the MSM, and the Govt'.

Actually I think alot of it is contrived for a purpose.

Everyone is being led to believe that "this plan" is the only answer.

Well, it's not, and here is one of the most sound examples offered so far.

www.fedupusa.com...

Watch the videos and read the options offered which have already been faxed to most all in both houses.

Which by the way are backed by over 200 REAL economists.

Don't be fooled by mass manipulation.

make your voice heard.

Later,...... Ausable_Bill

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Biggest drop in history! Say goodbye to your 401K! No, really, how long will it take to recover from this?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Before the markets opened, this morning, there was a lot of scare mongering going on about an expected plunge, etc and yet at 9.04am (markets open just over an hour) the FTSE is only down 0.09% and after an initial fall is now on it's way back up again.

The MSM is still talking up a massive plunge and the havoc its causing in the markets - ok, the markets closed down yesterday but the expected plunge, this morning, just hasn't materialised. What will they be telling us next to scare everyone into this bailout?

I wonder what will happen when the DOW opens?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I suppose I meant simply do not react emotionally in the heat of the moment. Listening to your intuition is good advice!

However the good news is so far this morning the market is stable. I think for once our employees in congress actually listened to us and this will boost consumer confidence in the market.

If you noticed something like 23 out of 25 of the House Representatives who are retiring this term voted for the bailout and the Reps. who are up for re-election, almost all voted against it because of overwhelming emails, letters, and phone calls from their constituents.

Anyhow, the dow is up this morning.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It is obviously contrived and more fear tactics from the most cowardous people on earth. don't buy into it. let them fail like all the ma and pa businesses that have failed simply due to corporate pigs like Wal*Mart.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join