It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is all this media activity working?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
As of recent there has been a huge influx of coverage of the UFO phenomena, as a result the public is getting more exposure and more aware of what is going on. They are no longer as in the dark as they once were.
I think it just might be working. I have noticed that people who used to treat me like I was their odd friend who they loved but were amused by, now treat me less like they are amused by my experiences and are a little more curious about what I have to say. Has anyone else noticed this?
Could this actually be working?
One of my most hardcore skeptic friends made a comment today at the increase in sightings all over the world.. This shocked me because previously the only person that would bring up sightings was me.

Awareness may be increasing.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hehe, you are not the only one who has noticed. People are slowley being exposed to more of these thing on tv, and the internet.

I think it might be a sign of an upcoming Disclosure, countrys are also opening up thier UFO investigation files.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Disclosure is coming.

Will it come sooner than later, well, that depends on October 14th public contact a.k.a GIANT UFO HOWERING FOR 3 Days.

If that doesn't happen, then im sure disclosure is still far off, but if it does, then the answer is obvious

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
About the media activity, lately I have seen A LOT of ufo shows and general coverings on Russian TV, yesterday there was a small 30 minute long show about it, mostly featured "nut cases" (my opinion) But today there was this huge 1+ hour long show that featured mostly military people (jet pilots and all that) So that pretty much pushed me a bit to the "believer" side.

Anyway, I really think that this whole media activity IS in fact working, I even have conversations with my relatives about it. (And I mean serious, long conversations, not just - heh, that's funny.) People are getting interested, that's for sure.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Though most of the media coverage is of questionable intent, I guess there's some form of subliminal reinforcement in action below the surface - intentional or not. I think it's going to sway people one of two ways depending on the type of exposure they're getting - be it serious coverage or that of the tongue in cheek variety.

I have friends of varying belief/interest in the subject and they don't appear to have noticeably changed over the years in their stances towards UFO's & Aliens.

The most skeptical of my friends doesn't necessarily believe that they don't exist - more that they may not be visiting here due to the vast distances involved. However, I will add that he is a scientist and is constrained by our limited knowledge of physics so it's par for the course I guess. At least he doesn't totally dismiss other intelligent life in our galaxy and does take the time to listen to my side of the 'argument'.

Even if we do openly recover a craft or have what most consider to be definitive proof of their existence on earth, your still going to have your N.W.O freaks screaming false flag conspiracies. I think we'll have to share the footpath with them on a regular basis before belief becomes uniform and common place.

IRM

new topics

top topics

join