It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Ever Just Wonder?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The more that I sit behind this computer screen and read these threads about different conspiracies, end of the world scenarios, the NWO, I believe it. I believe that something will happen.

But, then again you have all these people that don't believe in conspiracies. They say that people like me are crazy and have no idea what we are talking about. They call us nutjobs, insane, crazy, loony, etc.

But, have you ever stopped to think that maybe...just maybe, it might be true? I mean, all we are (Conspiracy Theorists in general) are paranoid people that think the government or aliens, or whatever, is out to get us.

I honestly don't know what to make of everything right now. I don't know whether or not to think that I'm crazy or to think that I am right and everyone else who says the NWO will never happen is wrong.

I feel crazy, to be honest. I feel like I'm slowly losing it. No one believes anything I say, all the other forums I visit know I'm a conspiracy theorist and they constantly make fun of me and say nothing will happen and that I am so gullible and will believe anything.

I just wish for it to be true to prove everyone wrong. But then again I don't want it to be true. I want everyone to continue living happy lives.

So I'm stuck in a predicament. I can either keep warning people and be called crazy, or not say anything and watch everyone slowly come to their demise as the SHTF.

I said about 2 months ago to a friend that ATS would be the death of me, and it looks like it might just be.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Explain to your friends, conspiricies happen, period. There really is mind control, there really is people trying to rule our lifes. If they do not listen, what more can you do.

Trust me, there are loads of conspiricies that are true, period.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
What your doing is just another way of life. Beleive what you like to beleive, and don't try to force your beleives onto others. That's what I do.

I am glad being this and doing that. Glad not to be hooked in the fast money making money spending game, that locks people into a trance, playing their rulers game.

Don't worry.

You're doing fine.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Ha, that's so funny you said that about your friend - before my husband left to go to work, I was telling him about some of the threads I've been reading and before he closed the door, he said and I quote "Stop readin that site, it's makin you crazy"

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixBaller04

"I mean, all we are (Conspiracy Theorists in general) are paranoid people that think the government or aliens, or whatever, is out to get us."

I don't think either of those things, and i would imagine many more people do not either.

I think we(conspiracy theorists in general) are people who are more astute and look at things from a different perspective, not paranoid per se, but just inquisitive and don't take everything the MSM and authorities/leaders say as gospel.

We investigate and dedicate time and effort into researching and gaining new insight and knowledge on subjects that most are too ignorant or too brainwashed to even realize exist, or just poke fun at.

Maybe don't buy into every theory or conspiracy until you yourself have researched it and understand it, never let anyone make up your mind for you.

[edit on 9/21/2008 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I am just really worried with october right around the corner and the supposed predictions of Martial law and the Timewave Zero calculator callng for a novel event in October.

I just want to know that what I am doing is worth it and that I might help people in the long run.

But I think I will just keep it all to myself over this next month. If something does end up happening, I'll be right there yelling "I told you so!" in everyone's faces.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblupMaybe don't buy into every theory or conspiracy until you yourself have researched it and understand it, never let anyone make up your mind for you.

I think this is EXCELLENT advice. One thing I have learned from this site is there are just as many ppl in the conspiracy theorist camp that are ignorant and easily led astray as in the general population. This is a reason why I don't label myself as a conspiracy theorist and actually don't subscribe definitively to any conspiracy that is merely theory.

Remember that a conspiracy, simply put, is a concurence or general tendency, as of circumstances, to one event, as if by agreement.

Basically, life in general is a conspiracy. We are all conspiring to get through the best we can.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
One thing you must not do is listen to any predictions that come with dates, period. Just avoid those threads.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
It's not clear to me what the ratio is of people who deny all conspiracy theories versus people who are able to believe in at least the existence of conspiring men.. but I know it's hard to tell. Even of this site, I believe there are a lot of people who don't believe in much at all, never mind the conspiracy theories - and they for example won't post in or look at a thread which touches conspiracies they find unlikely.

Anyway, if I could advise or suggest anything, it would be to lessen the firmness of your beliefs - you can still believe in the same things but keep it from getting at you. Some things you were saying made me think you're talking about something ending the world (2012 per chance?) - if you're firmly believing in some sort of apocalypse, you're bound to be driven crazy (because it's the end of the world, eh ;] ), so you might want to quadrupo-check how reliable the sources are. In the end, no source but the first-hand source knows it's reliability, and even then it might not know it's own validity. For example, due to the dynamics in climatological sciences, global warming being mostly the effect of our doings is true depending which scientist you listen to. Same goes for any science that is confined in itself (like mathematics) - social science, biology, etc. - noone should be too sure about anything.
By which I mean, be skeptic about everything, no matter how convincing it may sound. That goes for all kind of theories ;D

Still, I know what you mean, a lot of people don't believe in conspiracy theories at all - they cannot imagine people being evil to such an extent. However, I believe it's not the people that are evil, but the institutes they form. I believe in evil corporations/companies and governments - and I have many reasons to believe in those (WWII anyone?).
While it's one of the darkest feelings I have ever known, I think you should hang on to it even while people around you deny it's existence, because it's out there and we need to be able to recognise, describe and prevent these events. But be cautious, because even when the intentions are good, skepticism needs to be in place to ensure you can keep your legs on the ground in case the sources were wrong! :]

Good luck!

[edit on 21-9-2008 by scraze]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Follow your heart...

That's my only piece of advise i will give you.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I am getting the same to be honest. People (Including my wife) think I have lost it. I am finding that every now and then I think of what I would like to plan for the future, business expansion new gear etc. and then my hearts misses a beat and start thinking about all the doom and gloom that's foretold.

I mentally have to put a barrier up when I read some of the stuff on here, you know kinda acknowledge what I am reading but try not to let it get to me or play on my mind too much. My son makes me laugh though when watching the news because he has obviously caught onto what I am reading and has heard me talk to friends etc. about my thoughts on things at the moment and he he suddenly starts trying to correct the news reports etc.. by saying its an inside job etc. and that the bomb wasn't in the truck it was planted by the government. I have told him that what I read and what I believe shouldn't effect him nor should he react to it as he does and think he's getting the message (He's 14 BTW)

As above though, I am starting to get abuse over it on other forums, one particularity that's currently got a massive thread going on about 911. They have all made up their minds that its as its been reported on the news etc. I have added my little bit but have gracefully back out of commenting now before its gets silly. With them not me BTW, they all have their own special Soap boxes they like to stand on every now and then.

To the point of this thread, I look at it like this.

'I get my meat and cut all the fat away so I know what's on my plate. Others like to get their meat and cook it with the fat on' not bothering with all the rubbish they are taking in.

Hope I haven't lost anyone here, just speaking my mind as I too am aware of certain changes since I have been here but am and will keep it all in check.

/*runs off to build a bunker

[edit on 21-9-2008 by StarTraveller]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Matrix... Think of it like this.

Out of 100 Christians, how many actually; SERIOUSLY, care if their faith/belief is believed by others?

How many of them ACTUALLY SERIOUSLY CARE if people believe what's in the bible? Or, make fun of them?

I'd estimate about 5% IF THAT.

Same with any religion, belief, faith etc. - You do, for you. If people say you're a whacko for believing the things you believe, let them! The worse that can happen is you'd be wrong... (Actually the worse that could happen is you be right and Aliens/The Illuminati do take us all over like sheep hearders but that's another story!).

My point is... Be true to you and yourself. What others think or believe is their perogative (sp?) And in taking that away we kind of take away the whole 'freedom of speech / opinion' kind of thing. - So let them do what they wish, if they don't believe them it's fine.

But NEVER let anybody tell you YOUR thoughts, YOUR beliefs and YOUR life is crazy, wild, paranoid, stupid etc.

As one wise man once said "Just because I am paranoid, it doesn't mean they aren't out to get me."

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
That's a good reply A55A551N, have starred your reply as well.

But NEVER let anybody tell you YOUR thoughts, YOUR beliefs and YOUR life is crazy, wild, paranoid, stupid etc.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551NAs one wise man once said "Just because I am paranoid, it doesn't mean they aren't out to get me."

A wise woman once said "I envy paranoids; they actually feel people are paying attention to them." Only difference in my view from this latter quote is that I am content knowing that most ppl, let alone those in elite positions, are paying me little attention. Can use this to my advantage in life

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Thank you StarTraveller!

And justamomma I starred that response to my quote as it was very nice and without sounding as though I am being condescending, very intelligent too!

new topics

top topics

join