It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

theory of Reverse Speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hello, Ive been doing some research and I was directed to a link about some crazy pilot trying to fly over A51 while he was talking to the guy from Coast to Coast, Supposedly he pilot was shot down by an F-16 and the piot was never heard from again but then it got a little more odd, they played a video of the guys transmissions on you tube and they also did something called reverse speech, I take you tube with a grain of salt but im curious if reverse speech is used and is it plausible..What do you guys think?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

A link or two would be appreciated.

Second line.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

You could at least tell us YOUR theory first???

You stated you were doing research, but didn't say on what. You told a story about a downed pilot ove area 51, mentioned the phrase "reverse speech", and then solicited comments from others.

So again- What's your theory? Thanx in advance-

2PacSade-

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I apologize for that ..I cannot access youtube from my home computer but i was able to access youtube from my itouch..The only thing I can tell you is the video is listed as"Area 51 pilot phones Art Bell, the movie is 9:47 seconds long, then I was directed to the reverse speech video that can be found under related videos..Hope that helps

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Sorry Im still a little new at this. Well after I watched the video, I think it was a hoax, Wouldnt somebody in that area see an F-16 shoot down a small Cessna type plane that was about to be shot down but that was not what intrigued me, I watched the video again but only after i did some research on reverse speech, When i say research I mean I did some reading on wiki but I did find it interesting to hear the pilots subsonscious speech played in reverse whicj you can also find on youtube. Here is what I gathered on reverse speech .Reverse speech is a hypothesis first put forward by David John Oates. It was widely publicized on the radio show of Art Bell(who was talking to that pilot over Area 51 on his show live)

Oates' claim is that on average, once every 15-20 seconds of casual conversation, a person conveys two related sentences, only the forward message we can hear consciously. The second message is embedded backwards unconsciously into the person's speech. Backward messages in rehearsed and public speech do not occur as often; about once every 60-90 seconds a message is conveyed through reversed speech. These two modes of speech, forward and backward, are dependent upon each other and form an integral part of human communication. One mode cannot be fully understood without the other mode. In the dynamics of interpersonal communication, both modes of speech combined communicate the total psyche of the person, conscious as well as unconscious.[1]

This would mean that if a person's statement was recorded and played backwards, the speaker's unconscious thoughts could be heard. The most famous recording that allegedly demonstrates this is the speech given by Neil Armstrong at the time of the moon landing in 1969. If played backwards, the words "small step for man" sound somewhat like "Man will space walk."[2]

A simple and well-published explanation for the perception of this phenomenon is that the human brain automatically tries to make sense out of any noise, as soon as it expects that noise to be a spoken language. The power of suggestion is then used to nudge the listener to hear what the presenter wants them to hear - David John Oates, for example, almost always tells the listener in advance what they should expect to hear, thereby planting a suggestion that would make the listener more likely to actually "hear" that phrase. A study has shown that when listening to the same clips without being told in advance what to expect, the results have a higher variation.[3]

Im still on the fence about reverse speech and I really dont know what to think about that pilot who was supposedly shotdown by an F-16 over Area 51.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Sounds interesting - but please when quoting an external source, provide the source and don't just copy paste. Just a heads up.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Actually you should listen to the video again... he never says the f16 shoots him down, he describes the ground opening up and some giant weapon-like object emerging from the ground that started firing at him..

"looks like some kind of radar(ray?) gun thats coming up out of that elevator out of that flat area where the doors opened up.. its got some kind of a wierd looking barrel on it with a light.. and oh hell, theyre doin something theyre shootin at me now, im goin in, oh god, im goin in ..*transmission cuts*.."

you can even hear it firing in the background... this part is at about 8:20

edit: This is the audio clip
www.youtube.com...

where is the reverse speech one you're talking about?

[edit on 18-9-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
My mistake, I must have been focusing on the F-16 and missed that part,I heard the Atr Bell coversation again with that pilot and its real interesting. As for the copying the link I apologize, Im still a little new and got ahead of myself.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Lewis Carroll wrote, "Alice Through The Looking Glass" and maybe he had some profound insight.

Universes within universes - paralle worlds, possibly a world that is just like ours on the other side of that "looking glass" (star gate) except one profound difference, it's reversed, backwards or even upside down.

Left here is right there and reading (or hearing) is also reversed.

evpreversespeaking.com...

Many theories today are scientific facts of tomorrow.

A proud heart and closed mind gathers no knowledge.

Excellent thread S&F

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
Lewis Carroll wrote, "Alice Through The Looking Glass" and maybe he had some profound insight.

Universes within universes - paralle worlds, possibly a world that is just like ours on the other side of that "looking glass" (star gate) except one profound difference, it's reversed, backwards or even upside down.

Yes, there is a profound esoteric subtext running through Carroll's work. I really need to buy Sherry Ackerman's Behind the Looking Glass at some point.

And in 1975, Philip K. Dick wrote:

What we must realize is that this deception, this obscuring of things as if under a veil -- the veil of Maya, as it has been called -- this is not an end in itself, as if the universe is somehow perverse and likes to foil us per se; what we must accept, once we realize that a veil (called by the Greeks dokos) lies between us and reality, is that this veil serves a benign purpose. Parmenides, the pre-Socratic philosopher, is historically credited with being the first person in the West systematically to work out proof that the world cannot be as we see it, that dokos, the veil, exists. We see very much the same notion expressed by St. Paul when he speaks about our seeing "as if by the reflection on the bottom of a polished metal pan." He is referring to the familiar notion of Plato's, that we see only images of reality, and probably these images are inaccurate and imperfect and not to be relied on. I wish to add that Paul was probably saying one thing more than Plato in the celebrated metaphor of the cave: Paul was saying that we may well be seeing the universe backwards.

The extraordinary thrust of this thought just simply cannot be taken in, even if we intellectually grasp it. "To see the universe backwards?" What would that mean? Well, let me give you one possibility: that we experience time backwards; or more precisely, that our inner subjective category of experience of time (in the sense which Kant spoke of, a way by which we arrange experience), our time experience is orthogonal to the flow of time itself -- at right angles. There are two times: the time which is our experience or perception or construct of ontological matrix, an extensiveness into another area -- this is real, but the outer time-flow of the universe moves in a different direction. Both are real, but by experiencing time as we do, orthogonally to its actual direction, we get a totally wrong idea of the sequence of events, of causality, of what is past and what is future, where the universe is going.

top topics

join