It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about points

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I had a question I hope someone can answer. Do stars add to your point total? I love giving them, and getting them, and was just wondering if stars had any correlation with points. Thanks!!

Oh I wanted to say I rarely announce that I give a star, it is like my secret little present to the poster!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

It is my understanding that giving someone a star does not add to their point total.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
hahahaha (laughter is directed at the OP
)
didn't even notice... surely you must hold the 1st place position for negative points (and that *has* to count for something)
Was just telling someone the other day that the only way I will start caring about points is when they start amounting to monetary worth
As of now, I could care less that my avatar is less than spectacular (although from the amount of U2U's I have gotten concerning it, I'd have to say it is a pretty damn good avatar) and other than that, haven't even looked to see what else my points will get me.

Wanna know the truth about points on forums? They are there bc ppl generally feel special when receiving them and are more likely to return when they feel they are getting pats on the back, but here it is... ULTIMATELY, at the end of our lives (or at least this applies to me), we will care less about the amount of points we got on ATS.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The only thing I really have used points for is to buy upload space here at ATS for images (for tinwiki mostly, but elsewhere too). It's just nice not to have to put them into a photobucket account, and kind of keeps my ATS life a little neater and more compartmentalized. Otherwise, I'd probably end up with some images at photobucket, and some at flickr, and some at yahoo, etc.

Points are kinda weird, because they're really hard to rack up by posting, especially at first, but there are a couple easy ways to get lots:

1) write/edit for TinWiki.org -- this is fun to do anyway, and if you put together a nice article William_One_Sac can be very generous with points.

2) get your 5000 pt Twitter bonus. If you actually Twitter, this has the additional advantage of giving you more exposure, because ATS will subscribe to your feed, then other ATS members will see it.

3) I've heard the debate forum gives points. Can't vouch for this myself.

4) Write a good, well-thought-out and documented post and maybe you'll get applauded.

Otherwise, I think most points actually come from having people respond to your thread or post.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I just wanna say, to 'hotbakedtater', and 'schrodingerscat'....oops, I mean 'schrodingersdog'....and to all the others, I cannot remember....and they're telling me to 'wrap it up'....I am so happy to be awarded all of my points, and I want to thank the Academy.....Oh, OK! I know!! 'Wrap it up!'

So I need to thank my family, and the producers (music swells...)....um, errm...I have more to thank!! Darn it! (Music drowns me out....so, I just nod, and walk off the stage, holding my award....and, off-camera, trip on the stairs...)

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
okay so i tried what everyone suggested.. nothing worked. i don't even have the plug-in for whatever site you told me to download my pic to. i even decided to just go to an avatar site and just use one of theirs.. i don't understand how to get the url. soo.. all is fail for me. hah

any other suggestions??

top topics

<< 1   >>

join