It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Wrong with YOU? Why would you want to think about that?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I feel it is safe to assume a good number of you will be alike in this way.

I have friends and family that I interact with in a very "healthy" way. I'm good at association with others in the general basic way. However I've learned to leave it at that.

They don't want to know if aliens are real, they don't believe they are not real, but they are unwilling to be intrested in the topic at all. They seem quite paniced about the thought of thinking about it.

They don't want to believe in prophecy or scientific understanding that the 2012 phenomenon may just have extream weight. If that is the case "I can do nothing about it" they say so why think about it?

I don't understand this logic. Do you? What's your story about your friends and family? What quickly formed answers have you been given because they were too scared to even think about thinking about it? How do you interact with them? What's wrong with you and why would you want to think about that?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I understand how you feel i started a thread about a similar subject here
i know im not alone

Iv learnt to bait people into asking Questions i want them to ask.
Give them only a tiny bit of info or make a comment about an incident and get their curiosity going.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by SvenTheBerserK]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I do not understand this logic at all... but trust me lol I know EXACTLY what your talking about. I think for most, they find comfort in burying their heads in the sand and not worrying about it. Some are just scared sh**less of the fact that humanity may not be the top dog of the universe. Others just don't care because they look at it like hey it doesn't effect me if their is intellegent life out here, I'm too busy with my life. What they don't realize is what we could learn from another race....the technology, culture, science, etc !!!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This topic sparked my interest because I am one of those people you speak of.

I can't speak for everyone that feels this way, but I can say this: I do not necessarily feel afraid of the things you are talking about. I am not a believer, or a non-believer, of aliens. I guess trustnoone1987 somewhat explains how I feel by saying,

Others just don't care because they look at it like hey it doesn't effect me if their is intellegent life out here...

But the difference is that I do understand that if these things are out there we could learn a lot - or suffer a lot, depending on wtf is out there and what their intentions are... If there are benevolent creatures out there then it would be great that they come and share things with us. I have no delusions of grandeur, I understand that my life is relatively worthless to intelligent beings that can travel through space. I am but one human that knows nothing compared to them - if they do exist.

On the 2012 subject: I do not know what will happen; I don't have an answer. I feel that if it were a true fact - that I would know for sure what day the end of days would be - it would not make my life any better. I do not want to know when I am going to die - I don't want that stress and fear added to my life. I don't mean that I am afraid of dying - but I am somewhat afraid of watching the countdown and I believe that many people feel the same way. Out of sight out of mind, right? So if I don't think about it I can live my life as I normally would and enjoy my final years/months/weeks or whatever it may be. I think that is why the "thought of thinking about it" (and I like your wording btw) is such a scary thought.

Oh and to answer the question... I don't know what is wrong with me, but I'm sure there are more than a few things

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
fear can be far more powerful than logic and overrides it in most cases.

Fear is of the unknown is what causes most people to remain aloof or in a state of fear upon the very mention of similar subjects.

Conquering fear, imo, should be on the to do list of all human beings on this planet, as it is the only thing that stands in the way of true harmony.

Tv, movies, and society today help fear to exponentiate to ridiculous levels.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
I have friends and family that I interact with in a very "healthy" way. I'm good at association with others in the general basic way. However I've learned to leave it at that.

They don't want to know if aliens are real, they don't believe they are not real, but they are unwilling to be interested in the topic at all. They seem quite panicked about the thought of thinking about it.

They don't want to believe in prophecy or scientific understanding that the 2012 phenomenon may just have extreme weight.

You need to get off your 2012 kick. Stop trying to convince people the world is ending because I have news for you, the world is NOT going to end in 2012. That's nothing more than a fear tactic to get people panicking their way through church doors. Maybe your family knows this and feels bad for you for buying into the lies you're now feeling obligated to preach.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
i think that todays society has become so blase that they would be more than happy to be hearded like sheep into their own doom. most people arnt aware of whats happening outside their own front door, plus they just dont care.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
dear incarnated,

did you ever ask yourself, why it is so important to you?? Your are demanding things, which they are possibly not able to do , at the moment.

At their stage of developement they just cant comprehens things that you are demanding. It the same as if you would ask a 4 year old child to extract the root out of 123

I stopped demanding others, because they have to find it out their own way. There is no need to rush.

top topics

join