It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need info on Space Cruiser

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
www.astronautix.com...
This is all i found on the Space Cruiser project. Could someone dig me out more information? Shematics and other pictures are greatly needed.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
what more do you want
these are the facts and everything else would be uncertain

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Try as I might, I can't find any other mention of this "Space Cruiser." It might have "gone black" - who knows? It seems a very simple design, and given its secretive nature, who knows what it gets up to. However, I think it would have been dropped in favour of some kind of unmanned intercept system.

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by Lampyridae]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If you're really keen, you can order the relevant paper. It's unclassified.

Storming Media

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Fury, what space cruiser is that? If you know the name of it i would like to know it please. That cruiser looks interesting to me and i would like like to see if anyone posts any more info on this.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
Fury, what space cruiser is that? If you know the name of it i would like to know it please. That cruiser looks interesting to me and i would like like to see if anyone posts any more info on this.

Are you serious?

It's called the Millenium Falcon.

This is a YT-1300 Corellian Transport, and I don't know WHERE this thing came from, but it is NOT within the set perameters for a civilian transport. It has been heavily modified with escape pods, Secret Smuggling compartments, jamming and sensor scanning equipment, and an arsenal that is just plain illegal. Not the prettiest, nor the fastest or the most manoeuverable ship in the hangar bay. But she sure packs a punch and can take a lot of punishment.

[Edited on 25-3-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lampyridae
Try as I might, I can't find any other mention of this "Space Cruiser." It might have "gone black" - who knows?

it says right in the article what happened to it...

The project was evidently canceled, along with USAF black spaceplane projects, by the mid-1970's when the military was forced to accept use of the space shuttle for their military missions.

it is really neat though... i'd like to know how they planned to shoot the sattelites down? lasers? missles? certainly not to ram them...

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Kinglizard, yes i was serious cause believe it or not i havnt seen that thing anywhere on the internet or on tv except maybe for star wars
i thank you for enlighting me on this cruiser and i shouldnt of asked first of all cause now i look stupid
thanks again.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
Kinglizard, yes i was serious cause believe it or not i havnt seen that thing anywhere on the internet or on tv except maybe for star wars
i thank you for enlighting me on this cruiser and i shouldnt of asked first of all cause now i look stupid
thanks again.

No, if you hadn�t seen the ship or didn�t recognize it as a drawing you had every right to ask. Never feel stupid to ask a question because that�s how you gain knowledge. I wasn�t sure how to take your original post. I admit I was a bit sarcastic and I would like to apologize. It just struck my funny bone. I�m the one who looks stupid because I made you feel bad about asking a question.

By the way the ship is pure fantasy, the only place you will ever see it is in the Star Wars movie series.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
ah no problem man we come on this forum to help eachother out no hard feelings what so ever
. Yes i remmber seeing it on star wars but that was a long time ago so it didnt pop into my head right away because i watched it when i was young
I thank you for apolizing but you really didnt have too
thanks for the information aswell

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The ship does look really cool, and it seems to have all the necessary things that would be required for space travel. It wouldn�t surprise me one bit if in the next 100 years we saw this type of ship become a reality.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

You sure it wasn't just a Star Wars ripped idea?

Yes though it'd be cool to see them make it... but, I think we're a long way off from that.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
You sure it wasn't just a Star Wars ripped idea?

Shugo,

I think you need to go back and read my previous comments, not just the last one.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I was being sarcastic... I wasn't being serious.

Speaking of Star Wars... if anyone knows anything on the project U2U me.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Originally posted by Lampyridae
Try as I might, I can't find any other mention of this "Space Cruiser." It might have "gone black" - who knows?

it says right in the article what happened to it...

The project was evidently canceled, along with USAF black spaceplane projects, by the mid-1970's when the military was forced to accept use of the space shuttle for their military missions.

it is really neat though... i'd like to know how they planned to shoot the sattelites down? lasers? missles? certainly not to ram them...

Looks like a ball laser turret in the topside of the cone, with I'm guessing a 75cm aperture. Anyway, I provided the link if anybody wants to buy the paper. (!) I'm not going to waste any money on it, though. Perhaps it's out there in PDF for free. And the Air Force has never used the space shuttle to recover or service their spysats... correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Umm Lamp, if that was a ball cone laser turret, how where would the pilot go? i mean from the stats that the site gave, it is too small to HAVE an Engine, weaponry, and all those wireing and electronics, and still have space for the cockpit INSIDE the ship and with all THOSE electronics. Besides it does not seem logical, a cruiser class ship cannot be a fighter, it has to be a large assault ship like the NAVAL cruisers.

Maybe space interceptor makes more sense for a name and plus it is way too small to be manned and have and engine that size and be coned shaped. The stats does not match the drawing.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Space Cruiser�

Fact Sheet

Description: Medium wing load, double delta wing, twin winglet-tails, second stage, spaceplane vehicle. During initial ascent, the cruiser is carried aloft under the lifter on a pylon.

Propulsion: 3 Nitrous Oxide/Propane, pressure fed, rocket engines (estimated thrust at 20,000 lb. each); and twin, pylon mounted, JT15D-class turbo-jet engines (estimated thrust at 2.2-4000 lb. each)

Power: Onboard jet engine and/or lifter provided (during captive carry); stored energy, probably battery (during boost, free-fall, retro); ram air turbine (during recovery), onboard jet engine (return to airport)

Crew: Pilot, co-pilot

Passengers: Six (6)

Length: Estimated at 61 ft.

Wing Span: Estimated at 38 ft.

Cabin Size: Estimated at 99 in. (inner diameter), 110 in. (outer diameter), 18 ft. length

Empty Weight: Estimated at 15-20,000 lb.

GTOW: Estimated at 25-30,000 lb.

Maybe a space business plane?

Out,
Russian

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

www.spacetrans.com...

Out,
Russian

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by Russian]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Ok lets get serious.

I found one space cruiser and its a nuclear cruiser.

Ideas for using nuclear-fuel-powered interplanetary spacecraft have stirred the imaginations of designers outside of NASA. Perhaps the most ambitious plan has been offered by Fred Roth. A Florida resident, Roth has spent five years attempting to interest the Pentagon in building his massive Nuclear Space Cruiser, to protect the planet from errant asteroids and unforeseen threats.

Roth's cruiser (design plans shown at right) would resemble a flattened child's top. Assembled in space, it would stand 650 ft. tall and have a 9000-ft. circumference. The massive interior is needed, he says, to house a nuclear reactor and a system of ducts that function as 700 particle accelerators. "The proton beams emerging out of the ship's 30-mile cyclotron accelerator system give the ship tremendous lift, direction and great velocity," he says. The reactor would also energize banks of lasers.

Roth has provided the Pentagon with detailed plans, but so far there has been no official interest.

Out,
Russian

top topics

<<   2 >>

join