It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weathermen ghosts continue to haunt Obama campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
media.www.dailyillini.com... l

Unfortunately for Obama, there are indeed reasons for suspicion. Obama endorsed Ayers' radical 1997 book on the justice system entitled "A Kind and Just Parent." Obama also kicked off his 2004 senatorial campaign at Ayers' house. Furthermore, Kurtz has written about times when Obama may have closely worked with Ayers on committees in Chicago. Although none of that evidence does anything more than raise eyebrows, the controversy is serious enough that McCain really does have a moral obligation to at least raise the issue during the campaign.

Well, Andrew C. McCarthy had an article in the National Review last week that explained how the party selected a nominee like Obama, despite such suspicions. In his piece, he makes the point that all Hillary Clinton had to do was bring Ayers up, and the Obama candidacy would have been sunk. However, she could do no such thing, because her husband Bill had pardoned two Weathermen at the end of his administration.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It’s not new information that Obama is chummy with this terrorist scum. It’s a shame it hasn’t been made more of an issue, because I do believe this to be a highly relevant issue. Unfortunately though the media is in the tank for Obama and refuses to ask him this question. I hope to God that either McCain or Palin brings this up at a debate though. I could only imagine Obama’s reaction.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
It’s not new information that Obama is chummy with this terrorist scum. It’s a shame it hasn’t been made more of an issue, because I do believe this to be a highly relevant issue. Unfortunately though the media is in the tank for Obama and refuses to ask him this question. I hope to God that either McCain or Palin brings this up at a debate though. I could only imagine Obama’s reaction.

I have tried to post topics on Ayers and the Rezko debacle, I get very few hits,

maybe it is something they don't want brought up here on ATS?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rezko Connections: More Questions for Obama
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Of course they don’t want to bring it up. Obama’s relationship with Ayers is completely damning to everything he says he stands for. I mean honestly, who is going to vote someone into the highest office in the world that is friends with a known terrorist?

Obama won’t talk about it, the media won’t talk about it, his supporters won’t even talk about it. This is the issue that will destroy Barack Obama. It’s just a matter of time before someone makes it an issue.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
His Ayers connection is something I knew long ago, also his dirty Chicago political ties.

We downstaters know all about Obama.

But NO ONE is listening!!

[edit on 033030p://bFriday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Of course they don’t want to bring it up. Obama’s relationship with Ayers is completely damning to everything he says he stands for. I mean honestly, who is going to vote someone into the highest office in the world that is friends with a known terrorist?

I think what's telling is that Obama tried to explain away his relationship with Ayers by saying he was only 8-years old when Ayers was involved with the Weatherman attacks.

I mean seriously, what does how old he was have to do with his relationship now?

I would guarantee you if a politician today befriended a Nazi from WWII it would matter. Nobody would be talking about how he wasn't even born yet during WWII.

So why would Obama try to deflect the issue with an idiotic explanation like "Well I was only 8 when he bombed the Pentagon..."

Who cares how old he was? Why would Obama even put that out there as if it had any relevancy? In other words, why wouldn't his answer be, "What? I have nothing to do with that guy."

Unless of course he does have something to do with him.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Obama went to Chicago to immerse himself in radical leftist ideology, including the racist ideology of his "pastor."

He cannot run from that.

If that is what a voter is looking for in a candidate, then fine.

If not, beware.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Obama went to Chicago to immerse himself in radical leftist ideology, including the racist ideology of his "pastor."

He cannot run from that.

Yes he can.

When the nearly the enter media are in the tank for him, it will be hard for this information to get out to the majority of the American voting population.

Additionally, the term "terrorist" is highly subjective to the left and it seems that only the left can define who the terrorists are.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777But NO ONE is listening!!

I'M LISTENING!

This is like my favorite focus group ever. It's like I paid a phone room 20 grand to find the lowest incidence of crazy people with Internet access, and offered them $40 each to come eat tuna sandwiches and film their crazy for qualitative purposes.

Thank you! Now I know what mainstream America is up against. And I think we just won.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

Yes he can.

Okay.

He can run, but he can't hide.

[edit on 2008/9/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

He can run, but he can't hide.

Not from no pitbull in lipstick. That's for sure.

It amazes me there's even anything left to debate. It's like John McSame took a cab to St. Paul and asked the taxi driver to be his Transportation Secretary.

This topic will gain as much traction as a boot on horse #.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but the OP's article is vague in some points and then goes on to call that evidence. This is obviously slanted in McCain's direction and I don't accept it at all unless verified.

"Times that Obama MAY HAVE worked with Ayers on committees in Chicago...".... "Despite this EVIDENCE."... Give me a break...

Speaking of Nazi's and WW2, how about Governor Schwazeneger's ties to Nazi Sympathizers? I guess the McCain camp wants to have this both ways.

PS: This is a complete non-issue.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
PS: This is a complete non-issue.

It's all they have. Be kind. Rewind to 1980.

new topics

top topics

join