It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Ice Shelf Breaks Loose in Canada

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
There's a great documentary you should all see, actually if I am to be fair, there are two:

1. An Inconvenient Truth
2. The Great Global Warming Swindle

Ice breaks off into the ocean from the polar ice caps all the time. It's a cyclic process - it doesn't prove anything. If you can start showing that there is less ice now than ever before - that would be saying something.

Yes, we need to take better care of the earth - this especially goes for certain greedy corporations only concerned with the bottom line. Yes, we need to limit or eliminate our dependence on fossil fuels. But are humans causing global warming? I believe we are - but to a negligable degree. I didn't use to believe that - but I found new evidence that was highly convincing (hint - it was one of the documentaries above).

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
You mean "global warming" that is caused by us?

Does anyone realize that there are volcanos on the floor of the Arctic Ocean?

Could that be the cause? Duh....

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

And that may account for some warming in the region, but we don't know how active the Volcanic Ridge is near the arctic. It was only recently observed. I am not discounting it, but people cannot discount anthropogenic effects either.
If you have any futher material that might help in regards to these volcanoes, than by all means post it.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
You mean "global warming" that is caused by us?

Does anyone realize that there are volcanos on the floor of the Arctic Ocean?

Could that be the cause? Duh....

Exactly, I mean come on, the Antarctic Ice is actually expanding, if anything I think an ice age is on the way, just look at the sun recently, its a real possibility.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join