It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I WAS THERE: The protest march on the RNC in Saint Paul 9-2-08: FULL REPORT

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Thanks for capturing that moment for us. Very disturbing. ATS and it's members should be proud that you put your (typed) words into action.

This picking and choosing of free speech rights and the selective response to protests is ridiculous. Of course the Republicans would love to characterize the protesters at their convention as dangerous so they can underscore the need for extreme security in order to manipulate their constituents to vote under the duress of fear.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This makes me so ANGRY.
It´s a good thing an ocean separates me from this debacle, or I may have spent the night (or my future) in a small room with someone who has indecent intentions with my posterior.

Below is a flaming example of how the MSM apply spin to the the reports, trying to turn the general populace against the protestors:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychopump
This makes me so ANGRY.
It´s a good thing an ocean separates me from this debacle, or I may have spent the night (or my future) in a small room with someone who has indecent intentions with my posterior.

Below is a flaming example of how the MSM apply spin to the the reports, trying to turn the general populace against the protestors:

Where you being sarcastic or did you simply not actually watch the video?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

I have been on the "enforcer" side of a riot control line. G-8 meeting at Sea Island, Gerogia about 5 years ago. I don't remember the name of the company, but there is a company that provides "protesters" for training before these types of events. At the official training we had before that event I was amazed at the numbers of "undercover" agents training to fit in within the crowd. The unofficial training we did at our armory was funner and rougher than the actual event.

I personally thought that "agent provacatuers" were something from a bygone era until I saw the Canadian video. I'm altruistic enough understand and support the need for non-uniformed officers within the crowd to identify violent protesters and provide intelligence, but when they pick up a rock and attempt to incite violence in order to shut a protest down they have crossed a serious line with regards to the rule of law they supposedly support. Niether am I naive enough to think everyone showing up for a protest is simply there to be heard. Some people just want an opportunity to burn and break stuff.

Great report OP. Though I thoroughly support the right to peacefully protest, it seems like I've heard from a friend that the Twin Cities have little more of the rowdier protesting element native to there than other places. I remeber this friend telling me about an "anarchist bowling league" that was active during some protests in the late 80's early 90's.

I'm hoping to catch some videos of whats going on up there to have a look at myself. As long as people remain peacefull and almost as important, videotape everything reasonable people can identify legitimate protesters, people just looking for trouble, and agent provocatuers.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Here's Amy Goodman on her arrest;

Disgusting! They can hold 'alleged', suspected, rioters for 36 hours, without charges!
An AP photographer was also arrested!
Witnesses targeted?

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
this is a police state no doubt about it

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
top marks to the OP

i must say something;

what difference between the `designated protest areas` in china tt the olympics and the events that have been described

the answer is none at all - they are the same `if you want to protest you do it where we say , when we say then you go home - or we will start the trouble`

The poll tax riots in london , UK should have shown the world what happenes when you push a large crows of people too far - they will fight back and carry on fighting.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Be sure you are "Denying Ignorance" by reading about how these "protesters" are using terrorist tactics; such as spraying delegates with bleach; and plans of using urine, molotov cocktails, and other weapons.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know a lot of you here only like to hear one side of a story, especially when concerning innocent "peaceful protesters", as these domestic terrorists are being portrayed.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by scotty18

This makes me so ANGRY.

Would you care to clarify, before I go off on one?
I watched the video. The MSM is making it look like the protesters were aggressive and vandalous, when it is quite obvious thay are provocateurs. Furthermore, they ONLY illustrated these moments, and none of the police brutality and scare tactics.

so again, please explain your question to me, so I may answer it fully.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by scotty18

This makes me so ANGRY.

Would you care to clarify, before I go off on one?
I watched the video. The MSM is making it look like the protesters were aggressive and vandalous, when it is quite obvious thay are provocateurs. Furthermore, they ONLY illustrated these moments, and none of the police brutality and scare tactics.

so again, please explain your question to me, so I may answer it fully.

The video makes it very clear that there was a small group causing trouble and that most of the protesters were peaceful, but you clearly have an agenda, so you see what you want in the video and ignore reality. How sad.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

The photographer tagged along with the rioters- what for?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

He looked around shocked that no one got mad.... he said: "I really am surrounded by a bunch of pussy hippies". He had on clean new creased black pants and a clean new grey sweatshirt. He had a military haircut and brand new shoes. I knew he was a Police or Government Hired Provocateur!

You forgot to ad that his FBI badge fell out of his wallet for a brief moment.

Puh-leeze.:shk: Do you really expect us to believe that?

I'm calling total BS on this one.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by scotty18

I really don´t know why you resort to childish insults.
People judge what they see on the basis of their personal frame of reference.

If you think me sad, please just refrain from commenting on my posts.
Good luck to you.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

Any person(s) who sprayed bleach on other people should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. You want to possibly blind someone because you don't agree with their politics? How very wrong.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
As always my friend, you are Tops! You are giving an excellent account of the seriousness of the situation.

America is becoming a very scary place for the regular and peaceful activist.

What kind of brain washing takes place to turn Cops against old Ladies and children?

Where do they find these people who hate us so much? It is not like they are the elite, they struggle to make a mortgage, buy food and raise their children in an environment which is safe.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

"I saw plenty of tear gas canisters being fired, smoke bombs being fired and alot of the crowd wearing scarfs and hankies over their faces....to which usually that implies that those folks WANT to hide their identity and is ALWAYS seen by the instigators of riots."

Were as I would usually agree that the masking of the face, would show some sort of guilt...you said it yourself, there was tear gas and smoke bombs, to assume they were wearing masks because of their supposed nefarious activities, while they were being pelted with smoke and tear gas is a bit ridiculous, IMO of course.

EMM

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
when are the protesters going to realize that this is a police state, and there cannot be any more political protests.
you people keep thinking that this is a free country, how ignorant are you. you need to shut up and stay peaceful or you will get jailed and beat up, and that's the way it is. american freedom is a bunch of crap, and time after time you fail to realize this.
i have seen this for decades and nothing changes. regular people think they have some say in the way this country is run. let me tell you something...this country is not about your freedom, it is about how to keep the workers in line so the wealthy can keep making more money. and if you try and seriously interrupt this process you will be jailed or possibly be killed off. your ideals have clouded the reality of the present government if you think that the people that control vast sums of wealth are going to let you have control, i've got a bridge to sell you.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Right. There is the 'freedom to assemble peaceably'. Cops do not like to have to lay down the law with controversial weapons like rubber bullets. Every person who gets shot complains and then the cop has to fill out a ton of paperwork. Also, what's with this about a government plant? Just because a protester wants to get everyone into a scuffle with 'the man' does not mean that he or she is a plant. Just a attention seeking psycho. What you say may be true, but I think that (and yes there are some examples to the contrary so don't people waste a post saying it) these Democratic protesters have more of a reputation for unruliness. Anything a cop on a megaphone says is taken as 'police state' rumblings. Also, RAtM may have intentionally had no power, blaming it on 'the man' so that the crowd would feel more soldarity with them. They want those sorts of feelings among their fans. "The man's coming to get us all and we are in it with you. See, our power's been cut! The Man!" Likely just a promotional ploy, with all due respect to RAtM.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

RNC and a Republican Focused event at the Excel Energy Center:
Thousands of riot cops, FBI, snipers, provocateurs, teargas, flashbangs, fences, and angry loud protesters.

A Democratic event at the Excel Center:
A handful of traffic cops required to manage the huge overflow crowd of supporters.

You see this is why we must have a Democrat in office. A people's candidate who doesn’t need to hide behind a mercenary army of trigger happy stormtroopers.

The city of Saint Paul is a police state tonight.

in AMERICA anyone can run for president. john mccain has the RIGHT in this country to run for president, even if there are people that don't want him to.

THIS IS A GOOD THING

it is GOOD... GREAT that our democracy allows anyone to run for president, just think about that

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
You can't win against people with an agenda. All protesters are peaceful and ANYONE that causes a problem is obviously a government provocateur. From everything I've seen so far in this thread, the police have done nothing wrong. Where's the "brutality"? The only thing that could be remotely construed as brutality is the arrest of the FSTV producer. Wrong place, wrong time I suppose.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join