It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Reaction to Gov. Palin's Daughter Being Pregnant

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Just because you say it is important doesn't mean it is. It is pathetic to scrutinize a 17 year old girl (and who didn't rebel when they were 17 and got into trouble at some point, common!) just because her mother chooses to be a VP candidate. I am not for McCain or Palin but I think this is truly sad. There are important events taking place at this time which COULD change history and in the grand scheme of things, this is truly a NON issue.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well gee I guess this means I can not qualify as POTUS since:

My own mother is only 17years and a few months older than myself. I would be the product of a happy accident and have shakey morals as a result.

I have never married. Since I never just settled on some random girl obviously I could not run this country.

I have not dated anyone in year. Should all that pent up sexual frustration have his finger on the button?

Please, this is less of an issue that the fact that Obama was a smoker until the primaries showed he had a good chance at the nomination. As someone that has spent time around several "important people" and celebrities I can assure you that they are human and that they breathe, fart, burp, use inappropriate language, go to the bathroom and do other human things just like the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
"Laura and I really don't realize how bright our children is
sometimes until we get an objective analysis."
— G. W. Bush

Gotta luv 'em, at least she's married now. Click link.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-9-2008 by zlots331]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Here it is OBAMA's reaction.

"We don't go after people's families. We don't get them involved in the politics. It's not appropriate and it's not relevant. Our people were not involved in any way in this and they will not be. And if I ever thought there was somebody in my campaign that was involved in something like that, they'd be fired," Obama said.

Obama also said: "This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as a governor or potential performance as a vice president. So I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories."

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Hear Hear. Let's lock this beech up.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
It appears that Obama hasn't taken the advice of his supporters. He made the right decision.

Article

"I have said before and I will repeat again: People's families are off limits," Obama said. "And people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as a governor and/or her potential performance as a vice president. So I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know my mother had me when she was 18, and how a family deals with issues and teenage children, that shouldn’t be a topic of our politics."

What are you talking about..."the advice of his supporters" I doubt he took a poll to determine what his supporters would like him to say. Have you followed Obama in the least.

THE RIGHT THING IS NOT SOMETHING YOU DO ONLY WHEN IT IS CONVENIENT.

Jam....You have a lot of balls asking for respect on this issue given the things you have accused Obama of. I assume you are appealing to the conscience of Obama supporters despite you not having shown one yourself?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
Jam....You have a lot of balls asking for respect on this issue given the things you have accused Obama of. I assume you are appealing to the conscience of Obama supporters despite you not having shown one yourself?

WTF are you talking about?

Comparing dragging a 17-year old into the discussion vs. accusing Obama of anything?

You completely wrong, as will be evidence by your inability to post a SINGLE thing I've accused Obama of that's germane to this discussion.

I've pointed out his connections to Washington insiders. I questioned which portions of his certificate of birth jpeg were photoshopped. I've pointed out what I believe are his shortcomings and reason why I wouldn't want him as POTUS.

Please cite one post where I've accused Obama of anything that's even remotely similar to dragging a candidate's 17-year old daughter into the discussion.

Otherwise, I expect a retraction and apology.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

Yet, the media (as Obama's proxy) is furiously attack Palin all day today!

ABC News:

newsbusters.org...

ABC’s Good Morning America on Tuesday aggressively pushed the story about how Sarah Palin’s teenaged daughter is pregnant, leading their broadcast with that topic rather than the hurricane that slammed into Louisiana yesterday morning. ABC’s David Wright suggested the McCain camp was trying to bury the “skeleton in the closet” by putting the news out as the hurricane hit: “This was a political bombshell, timed to go off on a day when the McCain campaign knew that America would be focused on other news.”

NBC News:
newsbusters.org...

Many left wing people in the media think its not only OK, but that Palin was "crazy" for riding on a plane while pregnant.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

It is very wishful because McCain has been running negative for quite some time. There was just a TV add that accused Obama of being tax and spend. And that he was going to run the deficit up???? Has McCain not seen what his republicans have done to the deficit. If you judge the last 20 years, Republicans have been tax and spend.
Not to mention the weatherman ads, that McCain didnt denounce.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

What the hell are you talking about? Obama gets to sit back while his media wing does all the attacks for him and you paint McCain as the only one going negative.

I'm not even sure how going after Obama on "Tax and Spec" is negative in the first place. Sounds like the issues to me.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm glad Obama spoke out on the issue, and in a positive manner. His credibility rating just went up a notch in my book.
:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This is Obama's reply. Transcribed from a CNN interview:

I've heard some of the news on this, so let me be as clear as possible. I have said before and I will repeat again: I think people's families are off-limits. And people's children are especially off-limits.
This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Governor Palin's performance as a governor, or her potential performance as a vice president. So, I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories.

You know, my mother had me when she was 18. And how families deals with issues, and teenage children, that shouldn't be part of our politics. And I hope that anybody supporting me understands that's off-limits.

[Asked about allegations that the Obama campaign is pushing rumors....]

I am offended by that statement. There is no evidence at all that any of this involved us. I hope I am as clear as I can be. In case I'm not, let me repeat: We don't go after people's families. We don't get them involved in politics. It's not appropriate, and it's not relevant.

Our people were not involved in any way in this, and they will not be. And if I ever thought that there was somebody in my campaign that was involved in something like that, they'd be fired."

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Of course the liberal bias thing. So was the media bias liberal when Bush was twice elected? Because it could be argued that the media has failed throughout his entire presidency.

And you are correct that addressing taxing and spending would be a legitimate issue, if any of it were true. I'm sorry but the Republican party is the tax and spend party. Check the numbers. It would be like Obama putting out an ad that accused McCain of being a anti-war candidate.

Obama will be lowering taxes for 98% of the population. McCain is going to maintain the same tax policy(Taxing). And plans for more wars.(Spending)

By the way, sorry to see you made me one of your foes. Just because we dont agree doesnt mean we have to be foes. I still like you even if you dont like me.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Some jobs require a background check on the person applying and their immediate family before hiring. Why not the highest job in the nation (President / Vice President) investigate its family? I want to know all about the potential first family before they get my vote not after they move into the White House.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
God, can you imagine if while the Clinton's were in the White House, if Chelsea would have gotten pregnant? Do you think Gingrich, Delay, and the whole Starr crowd would take the "high road" and say off limits? Hell no...they would have tarred and feathered that family saying how godless and secular they are and how they are proof positive of what a family who has lost their moral compass looks like and on and on.

They want their cake and eat it too. Run on signature platform issue of morality and good Christian units attacking everyone who stray one inch. Then when it happens to one of their own, their like "eh, it happens to the best of us and we are all sinners so this is just proof they are normal folks". Religion is so crooked, and even worse are those who run for office with help of it's support and control machinery.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by skyshow]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join