It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Georgia/Russia Conflict NOT Adequately Covered by US Media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
it's not hard to keep up to date with all the escalation happening in the East, even if the media isn't covering it, with the Internet.

if you do not know why this situation is getting hairy, here's a few points...

-The Senate is processing a resolution (#580) which calls for a number of sanctions on Iran and urges the president to blockade Iran for the purpose of preventing that country from receiving any shipments of refined petroleum. Because of its limited refining capacity, Iran must import 40% of the oil it consumes. The situation echoes memories of the U.S. blockade of Japan over 67 years ago which prevented that country from receiving the oil it needed and which is now considered to have been a factor in Japan's decision to attack Pearl Harbor.

-49 Senators have signed on as co-sponsors of Resolution 580.

-The House of Representatives is processing a resolution (#362) similar to the Senate's, but one that also urges the president to set up a blockade to inspect all people and items entering or leaving Iran and prohibiting Iranian officials from traveling outside the country except for the purpose of nuclear negotiations. In a bulletin published last month, Ron Paul described it as a "virtual war resolution."

-261 Congressmen have signed on as co-sponsors of Resolution 362.

-Three weeks ago, major elements of the U.S. Navy and several other nations including the United Kingdom and France, concluded a naval exercise in the Atlantic, called Brimstone, and described as a dress rehearsal for a blockade of Iran.

-Since then, the following naval assets have been reported to be heading for the Persian Gulf and the other waters abutting Iran:

-the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt, with French Naval Rafale fighter jets on board, and her battle group,

-the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan and her battle group,

-the USS Iwo Jima, an amphibious assault ship,

-the United Kingdom's aircraft carrier HMS Ark Royal and her battle group,

-and the French nuclear attack submarine Amethyste along with other French ships.

-This armada is joining up with the existing elements of the Fifth Fleet already in the Gulf and its vicinity, which include:

-the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln and her battle group,

-the USS Peleliu and her battle group,

-at least one nuclear attack submarine and a variety of other U.S. ships.

-It has been widely reported in the foreign press that this is the largest naval buildup in the Gulf area since the inception of the war in Iraq.

-Russia recently conducted a naval exercise in the Mediterranean involving at least 11 warships, an unknown number of submarines, the aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsoy and the heavy missile cruiser, Moskva, described as the flagship of its Black Sea Fleet. The exercise was conducted out of and supplied by the Russian facilities at the Syrian port of Tartous.

www.gather.com...

Russia declares that if we aid georgia in war... then war is declared on the US..
with georgia's will to be part of NATO and western relations, it is only inevitable that we will help them...
inevitable that war will be declared!

anyways that was my common logic, i also suppose that ukraine could be next in the chain of events

TELL ME WHAT YOU T HINK!

but the MAIN reason of this post is to elaborate on the function as to WHY THE MEDIA HAS BEEN IGNORING ALL THIS!

could it be that bush is keeping it secret as possible until push comes to shove where he can present it on television finally with such new as to scare americans so much they line up to give up the rest of their rights? planes flying into buildings is old news , now bush needs something bigger!

so, what is it!?

and if there isn't anything like that coming, why isn't the media adequately covering this HUGE NEWS!

[edit on 033131p://upSaturday by indigothefish]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I thought this was like another thread on media suppression.

That was a good thread.

The Government votes the way the Illuminati wants them to vote
because they will not get the money to be re elected next year.

Or in critical cases, cause pressure in dirty tricks in any way possible.

That's always the Illuminati conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well, this doesn't look good. I guess our religous fanatic nutjob for a president is on a crash course to self-fulfill the biblical prophecies.
We started this with the missle shield, supporting Georgia, threatening Iran, acting like we are the world police.
I hope the world shows the americans mercy, somehow i doubt we will receive any..

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Tattoo1377]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

The Government votes the way the Illuminati wants them to vote
because they will not get the money to be re elected next year.

Or in critical cases, cause pressure in dirty tricks in any way possible.

That's always the Illuminati conspiracy.

well, it seems like a poor system to me... greedy people are always into parasitic relationships; taking and taking for themselves never caring of anyone else... while a mutualy gaining relationship can be much more benificial...

when they get all the money in the world, THEN WHAT

i've considered other possible drives they could be running on to make the decisions they make... but you're right money seems to be a key player

but i've also considered that perhaps the top elite dont care about money, they know it's functionless and they run on something else... but the players below them they don't tell the 'whole picture' which would illuminate the emptiness of money... therefor people who run the country as senators and even presidents are the figures that run things in the media and only see half the truth so money is worth more than sex to them... while the people behind the curtains... who knows!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

This is a confusing situation. Pres. Bush was all chummy with Pres. Putin at the Olympic Games while this was going on. (That is not a typo, since president was the highest office, Mr Putin retains the title.)
On Iran, if things are getting so hairy, why is Pres. Bush sending envoys there to start talks for diplomatic relations?
It does seem like the US is getting ready for war, but the actions prove something else is going on. Russia and Iran want something, and we want the oil. There is some hidden dealmaking going on between the three countries, and it would be interesting to find out what.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
30% profits, world resources.... keeps the Illuminati think tanks going.

The Illuminati is a big money ball with tremendous inertia that putting
on breaks here and there will do no good.

Today its messing with Georgia.

Getting 14% profits in emerging markets and -.14% in America

Were there deals for 911, Nam, JFK, Nixon, Russian Revolution or
any type of power play.

Energy and oil control means suppression of anything else.
Especially of Energy Sources controlled by the Illuminati that they
do not want you to have.

JFK sought dismantle the CIA and war mongers.
Nixon gave them free reign.

A new patent on a free energy generator apparently works but how many
are possible and left for the world to forget since GE took over Tesla's
patents and the rest of them confiscated.

A company gets a government contract and a survey sees the little
generator. No contract unless the generator is sold to some technology
holding company. Anything is possible from the people that pressure
people to say aliens landed and ate their baby.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

the Georgia/Russia Conflict NOT Adequately Covered by US Media

Best Lloyd Christmas: "ya think?"

One line for rhetorical assurance.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by indigothefish

It does seem like the US is getting ready for war, but the actions prove something else is going on. Russia and Iran want something, and we want the oil. There is some hidden dealmaking going on between the three countries, and it would be interesting to find out what.

well, russia is pretty much a mystery, it seems their only function is to cause cold wars and instigate unnatural dislike between themselves and anyone they engage with

iran wants nukes though, they've been bringing uranium into their country traing to start a "nuclear power plant program" ( yeah right! ) they've had their eyes on isreal ... and EVERYONE else in that region since the beginning of time... the people of this side of the world are arrogant and unruly in nature - that is my opinion. anyways they are trying to pass a bill right now to blockade iran ( not let anyone in or out without being checked, not letting any officials out unless it is to talk about nuclear negotiations ) i also read a story that the US is getting ready to strike iran in it's major military, nuke founding and political institutions ... but i'm not sure of the quality of this information - if anyone has heard that little bit i'd like to hear what your opinion on it is

new topics

top topics

join