It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sysop Feature -- Ban.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

When i make an attempt to ban someone that's the url that appears, which as you can tell, is wrong. Its easy to fix, i just delete it to a point and then click go, only takes 2-3 seconds; but it would be easier if this was fixed.

William, Optimist, is it just me who this is happening too ? This has been happening since i became a sysop and got the ban feature. I tried to explain it a while back but found it hard since i wasn't aware of the screen copy and paste function.

Fox

(Behind the red square is the spammers IP address, he/she may be a spammer but its only right to hide it.)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I get the same thing when I ban. However I don't think it's a big deal, as the ban still works. I just click back after I hit the function.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I check the recent changes page and I usually see an IP address getting banned for x amount of years or time.

Looks like a lot of people spam TinWiki

I would even be more sad and angry if I was a sysop. because I would have to deal with them.

I wish people would just stop abusing the 'anyone can edit' privilege, then the world be a better place!
I mean come on, is there really any joy or personal gain in spamming??

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
There is a bit of spam on it. the funny thing is that Myself, William and Optimist all seem to be on at different times, so 90% of the time one of us online and there's not really that much at once, maybe 3-6 a day ill do. I don't know if William One Sac and Optimist have noticed but we all seem to go on one after the other, i don't know if its about where we live and time zones but its nearly always one of us in on it then an hour later another one comes on, or maybe us sysops just never leave

Fox

new topics

top topics

join