It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Protesters Taken to Temporary Center

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

100 Protesters Taken to Temporary Center

www.worldnetdaily.com

About 7 p.m. Monday, riot police using pepper spray forced a couple of hundred protesters out of Civic Center and then blocked them before they could reach the 16th Street Mall.

Police surrounded the protesters along 15th Street between Court Street and Cleveland Place and then moved up reinforcements, including at least two armored vehicles
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
100 protesters have been taken to the Razor-wire makeshift warehouse... www.breitbart.tv...

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this, I hope the other "concentration camps" make it to main stream too along with the trains and plastic coffins.

critical mass is the way forward.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
UGH,this type of thing has been driving me nuts lately. They seem to be impeding on our right to protest more and more.

For god sakes having designated areas for protest far away from the actual event and then not allowing them to go ahead and prtoest is something they do in china!

How can we let them get a way with this? The founding fathers must be rolling in their graves right now. If we had not protested agains tthe king back then we would be the united states of england right about now. Or mabye the united kingdom of america. We cant let them make us afraid to protest. We just cant!

If we do then we might as well just lay down and let the NWO take over right now.

This just upsets me so much. They want us to be afraid. If we are afraid then we will let them get away with anything they want. We cant allow our selves to become afraid because as it says in our declaration of independence

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security"

Simply put we cant allow our government to get away with the growing amount of injustices they are responsible for. Its our duty as americans.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

[edit on 26-8-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
"Denver police shoot pepper spray at a group gathered in downtown Denver Monday night. Police say they ordered the group to disperse before firing the spray."
Why did the police do this?What right do they have to ask them to disperse?
There was no reason these people weren't hurting anyone.
There was more numbers of non related on lookers than protesters.
What laws did they break what will they be attempted to be charged with?Protesting?I wasn't aware it was illegal in a democracy.
Or will they try and make up charges like disorderly conduct and resisting arrest?
The most thrown out of court charges that just waste the courts time.
Don't blame the cops they would rather be at 711 getting paid to eat donuts.
Even if some of them are violent psychopathic criminals.
Who gives these cops the orders to do this?
These people should be immediately suspended and investigated.
These higher up corrupt officials who control a whole personal army of publicly paid police.
Chief of Police and Mayor both need to be arrested for giving the orders to waste tax payers money on this crap and hurt people for nothing.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I havent seen anything go to blows yet. I am going down there right now, well, in a couple of minutes. Wish me luck. If I dont post by midnight tonight, you will know your dearest plucky is either jailed...or dead.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Here is a fairly recent news shot of people being pepper sprayed...www.breitbart.tv...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
For god sakes having designated areas for protest far away from the actual event and then not allowing them to go ahead and prtoest is something they do in china!

holy moly, that's serious
what's with China and human rights abuse being done in their own country?

I mean isnt' there some offshore military base/prison in Cuba that they could do it in instead?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm amused that the brownshirts blocking public roadways, intimidating journalists, reportedly destroying trees and upturning garbage cans & newspaper machines as they illegally parade down the street, and innundating local residents with fear that if they don't hate the war, the president, the police, and everything about the system then they better stay away from said brownshirts lest they be mobbed is OK but setting up free speech zones isn't. Their right to freedom of speech & freedom to demonstrate does NOT trump any other citizen's rights, regardless of how loudly they say it does.

Every clip I've seen so far has a large contingent chanting "F this" or "f that" or "We want war" or "kill -fill in the blank-" Personally I'm impressed the cops haven't started busting heads open. Shows an admirable level of restraint and demonstrates that the cops do have a level of respect for people... sadly I can't say the same about the protestors.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Wow...this government is completely outta hand.

Every time they pull this these types of actions, they are actually creating more problems than they are solving.
I would also say they are creating the so called 'homegrown' terrorists' they are supposedly protecting us from?

I ask you...Who's the REAL 'terrorists' here?

It's so disturbing to witness our once Great Republic imploding from within.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TaZCoN

I would also say they are creating the so called 'homegrown' terrorists' they are supposedly protecting us from?

Of course, that's the plan. I'm surprised you sound surprised.

I'm not anti-war, nor anti-capitalism, heck, I would likely be attacked by these crowds for being a Bush lover or something (even though I despise what Bush has done). But the real agenda behind this little incident is to get everyone labeled a 'suspected terrorist', thereby stripping them of their Constitutional rights under the auspices of the Patriot Act.

It's happening under our noses and will get worse. Much worse. And the end of it all will be bad. REAL bad...

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Redneck, at what point do you say they'll label them "terrorist?" Will it be when they start actually rioting and terrorizing the residents of Denver (or whatever city they decide to "demonstrate" in) or will it be when they start conspiring to do so? I love how all of this is assumed to be peacefull protests when, in reality, the organizers of this have no intention of it being peacefull. They have an agenda, and agenda which dictates that one of their top goals will be to enact self fullfilling prophecy... push, push, push the cops & the government until you finally get the response you wanted and then spin around and say "See! See! We told you! POLICE STATE! POLICE STATE!" while hoping and praying that the pleebs are either dumb enough or blind enough to not point out that the whole damn thing was instigated by the protestors themselves.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Absolutely nothing surprises me anymore...although for the better part of a year I've realized 9/11 was indeed an inside job, it wasn't until the past few months that I started looking into the motivations behind it.

What I've found is a bitter, tough pill to swallow...red, blue, or otherwise...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Looks like the Government has just added another 100 people to the (LIST) This is just the start of what we will see in every day life.

Can any one tell us if other governments world wide have other camps such as this ? or is it only America?>

[edit on 26-8-2008 by duffster]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well China...comes to mind.

Just for starters...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boostah
Thanks for posting this, I hope the other "concentration camps" make it to main stream too along with the trains and plastic coffins.

critical mass is the way forward.

ya know...posting filth like this only does one thing:

It numbs the tragedy of a real concentration camp

if you are so dull that you don't recognize what a couple million jews went through in the events leading up to WW2, fine, then there is no hope.

Its called plan for the worst hope for the best

if they had planned for nothing, and something major had happened, you and people like you would be in here posting more garbage like "THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD CONCENTRATION CAMPS!!!!!!!"

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Interesting when you can find people that still don't see the erosion of civil and constitutional rights in this country.

The meaning of protest as was redacted in the constitution has nothing to do with the meaning of protest that in this day and time our fascist government has manage to shove to this nation's citizens as the law.

Interesting when you find people that still defend what has been done to this nations citizens rights.

The word protester is taking another meaning and we are allowing this to happen, very soon it will be substitute with homegrown terrorist and insurgency.

I have seen this one coming for years since the illegal anti citizens patriot act was passed.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Redneck, at what point do you say they'll label them "terrorist?" Will it be when they start actually rioting and terrorizing the residents of Denver (or whatever city they decide to "demonstrate" in) or will it be when they start conspiring to do so? I love how all of this is assumed to be peacefull protests when, in reality, the organizers of this have no intention of it being peacefull. They have an agenda, and agenda which dictates that one of their top goals will be to enact self fullfilling prophecy... push, push, push the cops & the government until you finally get the response you wanted and then spin around and say "See! See! We told you! POLICE STATE! POLICE STATE!" while hoping and praying that the pleebs are either dumb enough or blind enough to not point out that the whole damn thing was instigated by the protestors themselves.

Well in said situations of oppression, people will act out. Is it okay for someone who doesn't pay attention to the chaos that is building just underneath the surface to decide that these people can't push back because it is inconvenient and because they have unsubstantiated fears of "radicals" taking to the streets?

Would you then be so surprised if these same "inconvenient" people were labeled as terrorists because they are terrorizing our so-called-freedom of convenience?

Brownshirts. I'm not familiar with that term. Why do you call the protesters that?

I'm not one to protest. May if I was old enough to realize things 15 years ago, I would be out there protesting... but not today. People are too ignorant to pay the protesters any mind, and a lot of people get downright angry that these people "get in their way".

There WILL be violence, burdman. Like it or not, the forces that are pushing against us all are ultra violent and merciless. Just look at war and who profits from it. That is the most obscene and pointless violence I've ever seen. Killing your own citizens and other people's citizens, both of which are human beings and want the same things, in the name of peace and justice and freedom and some national ideal? national security? THAT does not benefit PEOPLE. It benefits governments and who controls them, and our government is out of our hands now. The only reason we are able to talk about these things right now is the subconscious fear that capitalism and corporatism creates. You will not do anything about it if you depend on these things for your survival and your spiritual transcendence has been stripped away completely, and this is where we are at.

Let them protest. Let them riot in the streets. Let them get violent right back. People ave the right to get angry and bite the hand that feeds them, if that hand that feeds them takes that authority and uses it to do heinous things in the people's name. This isn't just about hating the USA. This is about not wanting to become the victim of corporate greed and the same rich a-holes from the past who have come to reign over this so called "free economy" with their monopolies, and they've become these giant entities with all the rights that people have and more, and they have effectively bought us all out. They are trying to buy the world out, and if they won't be bought, they will be terrorized until they break and become "westernized". This is the word we use to cover the Corporation's asses while they brainwash third world countries with terror and misery into worshiping the Western way and begging for the West to come and save it from it's "barbarianism".

I mean.... this deserves much attention, and our conveniences may get in the way of us thinking clearly about the future. Your conveniences are not rights. At the moment, they are mental traps. People protesting in the streets should be welcomed with open arms and applause. This # deserves to be taken on by the citizens. I admire protesters, even if in the end, nobody really cares about their messages.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well say, dunwichwitch, also we should point out that the same people that tend to contradict citizens and constitutional rights with names and double meanings are the first ones to support our fascist government when they applaud riots, protest in those countries that "need regime change".

But in America protester is becoming a dirty word and anyone that dares to protest should be in special compounds tagged, fingerprinted and their names in the people of special interest list.

That sounds like totalitarian governments do, and to think that we even have a piece of paper that is call the constitution that protect that right.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

FYI, while there are quite a few people out there like that... from what I've heard there are only a handful of people actually getting out of hand with their comments and gestures. And they are the only ones ending up on the news (makes you wonder if they weren't planted there to make the protest look bad on national media to justify the barbaric concentration camp)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join