It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President is not a puppet nor is he stupid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Youchie. As much as I hate the man. I cannot help myself for feeling sorry for him. If it wasn't for the whole white phosphorous Iraqi thing. What a way to die. I often wonder how are country has come to this. Pelosi you stink. I you have you black and decker on hand...drill away.

Originally posted by BlackOps719 I wish they would have just taken him away...eight years ago. And Cheney should be doing time.
Watched the vid. To disarm Iraq and free it's people. .....I think I just puked in my mouth a little.

"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away."

- Hunter S. Thompson on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

[edit on 8/27/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Why not just bring freedom everywhere? We seem to be so good at it. They better have url under dem dere soil though.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Bush is smart? Bush is very honest? Bush is basically a good man and kickass leader?

I think I just puked in my mouth a little. Sounds like someone needs to read a little modern history.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kpoff

It's just how the brainwashed military are trained. He can't help it.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by airborne82ndscout

You need to do a little more research my friend. While I dont think Bush is as dumb as he seems, he is absolutely a pawn.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

It's just how the brainwashed military are trained. He can't help it.

then why does most of the military feel anger towards the president? Why do most generals hate Bush?

The common fallacy is that the military will happily do what the leaders want.

The truth is that they'd probably be the first to revolt. A military dictatorship is impossible because the military men DO have common sense.

You need to do a little more research my friend. While I dont think Bush is as dumb as he seems, he is absolutely a pawn.

yep. He's got puppet written on his forehead. I don't think I can count all the Rich men behind him.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I'm just saying some of the people fall for the brainwashed tactics. Most of them do not though.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
i serioulsy think the OP was just trying to get a rise outta people. Its stupid to cliam bush is not. Stupid is stupid does. the OP's post was almost as such...in my opinion of course.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I don't like Bush at all, and that's an understatement. But, to be fair, he was known for that kind of behavior back in those days. I don't hold that against Bush at all. I hold a lot of other things against him.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Actually, I agree with the majority of your post...which feels weird to me.

I'm probably one of the few people who never believed Bush was a puppet, or that most of the Commanders in Chief were puppets. Which makes the state of our nation and world even more depressing for me.

We managed to twice elect a person who continually screws us.

I do believe that there is a very real chance that WMD's WERE there but were moved before we even got there. I don't know for sure, all I know is we were a catalyst for screwing up an entire nation/region and causing the deaths of a RIDICULOUS amount of our own people. I know that Bush has made decisions that have negated many of our freedoms. From what you say, it makes the horrors of Guantanamo Bay 10x more frightening for me. I know that if John McCain gets elected, the whole world suffers because of it.

Your post has fueled my decision (which is now...3 hours in) to vote for Barack Obama.

I don't believe that anybody won this war though, looking at the results that have come from it...everybody involved lost this war...but I would say that about any war...I'm also kind of a hippie, so take that for what you will I suppose.

I've never thought Bush was an idiot, believe it or not. I believe he is a TERRIBLE public speaker, that he gets nervous and things go badly, but that in private there's a chance that he speaks rather well. Who knows though, maybe he has bad social anxiety and he's just bad at communication. Many people are, I can't hold that against them and I don't know him personally so I believe it's wrong to judge him on speaking if I don't.

I do, however, judge him as a leader and I have this to say:

I believe that 50 years from now he will be known as two things...as one of our worst Commanders of all time, and as somebody who stuck firmly to what they believed in. I believe that both are bad qualities. One, clearly is bad and the other shows extreme close-mindedness. I think I'm one of the few people who don't mind a candidate who occasionally flips on an issue. It shows that they're willing to consider another option. Lincoln is famous for surrounding himself with people who didn't think the same things that he did, and I think that's important. I think Bush really did try his best and I think the evidence is shown in the articles that he said he's afraid of leaving office looking like a war-monger. I have seen some real compassion in the man and I think that people haven't given him enough chance as a human being. I despise him for what he's done to us, but I also don't know him personally so I can't FULLY judge him, even if I'd like to do so.

I like your post a lot, I've been waiting for somebody to say it for a long time but I'm not exactly a courageous poster, so I have not.

Good on ya for taking the leap, because the flames are going to be plentiful!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join