It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Lewis, WA New Facilities?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
In the past couple years Fort Lewis has had much new construction on post. Now this wouldn't normally seem like a weird thing, except if you know the Army like I do, you know that they don't just do improvements to barracks and buildings that often, at least not like the Air force that cares about having nice buildings for the Airman. So, Ive been thinking cover-up. Washington State has always been accustomed to many many UFO sightings in the past, and it would be no surprise to me Fort Lewis could be being revamped to be the next Wright-Patterson, for storing and securing materials for the paranormal. What are your views?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
There was an article in Army Times, maybe 2 or 3 months ago, that described how some brass or other videotaped the horrible barracks conditions there and then petitioned some higher-ups and politicians for money. The end result was some program where (allegedly) every barracks in the nation was examined and rehab needs determined. I seem to recall Forts Lewis, Hood, and Leonard Wood among the bases that needed the most work.

May be related, may not be, but it should not be difficult to learn more if that is the case.

EDITED TO ADD:

Took about 5 seconds of searching to find the article:

www.armytimes.com...

"After YouTube video, top officer tours barracks"
ORT LEWIS, Wash. – In the aftermath of a YouTube video showing poor living conditions in an Army barracks, the nation’s top military officer has made it a point to visit the best and worst barracks on Army posts during his trips to visit his troops.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by therainmaker]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hmm, well I guess no one came to visit my in the middle of no where Army Post in Baumholder Germany, where many of the Barracks need terribly and immediate work. But, still, Knowing the Army, its just that they wanted to look like they were actually doing something good for the living conditions of there Soldiers or there is much more to it then that. Thats the question!

join