It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC Starts Up This Week, Right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I've been attempting to follow the developments and the prep for the LHC for the summer, but I found something odd. LHCountdown, a webpage I was visiting to track the timetable for the LHC has been taken down, or the registrars stopped paying the bill. Does anyone have an alternative website that is tracking the LHC in laymen terms?

I believe we witnessed a test of this machine a few weeks ago when the skies were observed changing in Toronto, London and other places around the globe. Interesting.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I believe it is on the cern webpage.... I think the date was moved to Sept 10th.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
CERN will never be turned on.

They CANNOT turn it on. Murphy's Law prevents it from happening

Really.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hi Doc,

They've detailed their startup plan here. They'll start circulating beams at about 6% of the design collision energy for tests in early September. If all goes well they will ramp up to about 70% of collision energy by the end of the year (at which point it will have become the world's most powerful collider), and go up to full energy sometime next year.

"I believe we witnessed a test of this machine a few weeks ago when the skies were observed changing in Toronto, London and other places around the globe. Interesting."

. I'm not sure how you imagine the LHC could have caused this, especially since it has not been turned on yet. They've been testing magnets for years down in the underground tunnels, but I've never noticed darker skies when magnets turned on.

Addendum:
Hmmmm, I've edited this twice now to insert the url using the standard tools. If it doesn't work this time I've pasted the url below.

press.web.cern.ch...

[edit on 21-8-2008 by MrSheepish]

[edit on 21-8-2008 by MrSheepish]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
"I'm not sure how you imagine the LHC could have caused this, especially since it has not been turned on yet. They've been testing magnets for years down in the underground tunnels, but I've never noticed darker skies when magnets turned on."

That's because you aren't familiar with Murphy's Law, which goes into full effect when you try to find the higgs boson.

The very act of initiating the search causes hyperdimensional anomalies.

Actually a coded particle from the future matched to a codex existing in both times will be sent back.

This particle is from the future and will indicate a certain action to be taken so as to change that future.

It is Likely it will start out small, like a codexed particle to tell us to bury an object somewhere which will be followed by a confirmation particle if that object is unburied in the future in the location specified in the codex

They have a copy of the book (codex) in the future, it is sort of like using a matching pair of dictionaries to communicate in secret over the telephone.

These are the interesting times.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Interesting. Thanks for the input guys. Hopefully, something big will happen. I'm getting bored here.

top topics

join