It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judging Incompetence at Olympic Gymnastics

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Pro-po-gan-da *clap, clap, clapclapclap*

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens with the investigation now won't we.

As far as the judges go, I haven't seen their credentials. You claim they are former gymnasts. You have proof of that? Did they particpate in olympic level competition at some point? If they did, I might consider them a bit more reliable. Amazing you seem to know so much about them, like that they had been judging for 20+ years...how did you have that kind of inside information?

At this point, it doesn't really matter to me because there are new events on and more important things to do than try to rationalize with someone who thinks that an athlete can fall and still win. 1 for 2 is a good day in baseball, bad in free throw shooting, and worth the bronze in gymnastics.

Good luck trying to defend China after they are found to have lied and cheated their way to victory.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evil Genius
Pro-po-gan-da *clap, clap, clapclapclap*

You can talk. You start this gun touting Pro-American thread and have the nerve to make those claims about propaganda. You even get your edvidence from the deivl himself

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens with the investigation now won't we.

The investigation was launched to put the matter to rest because the IOC clearly thinks that Chinas gymnast are 16

The IOC asked the International Gymnastics Federation to investigate "what have been a number of questions and apparent discrepancies," spokeswoman Giselle Davies said. But all of the information the Chinese gymnastics federation has presented so far supports its insistence that its athletes were old enough to compete.

"We believe the matter will be put to rest and there's no question ... on the eligibility," Davies said.

news.yahoo.com...

Amazing you seem to know so much about them, like that they had been judging for 20+ years...how did you have that kind of inside information?

I read. Reading and then thinking about what I read normally does the trick. It was mentioned when the commentators were reporting it they mentioned that she had as much experience as the other "netural judges" yet she was targeted. If she has 20 years experience then the other judges would have at least the same or more

Amid the uncertainty and confusion over a complex tiebreak system that few initially understood, Valeri Liukin then accused Australian judges of "consistently" thwarting his daughter's title chances. It is a grievance dating back to 2005 and also aired at last year's world championships in Stuttgart, when Nastia was denied the bars title by just 0.050 while Australian Jill Wright was on the judging panel.

"I feel very comfortable knowing that what I have done is correct, and that's what is important to me," said Colagiuri, while Gymnastics Australia chief executive Jane Allen was vigorous in her support of her women's technical director, a well-regarded veteran of 20 years on the international circuit. Allen pointed out that Colagiuri was just one of six neutral officials on the panel and all apparatus finals were overseen by a member of the international federation's technical committee, which had no issues with how the competition was judged.

"Gymnastics Australia has full confidence in our judge," Allen said. "She judged what she saw and she believes that the gymnasts were ranked correctly. This is not the first time that Valeri Liukin has targeted Australian judges, and he obviously looks at the judge who has not given the result he wants for his daughter.

www.smh.com.au...

At this point, it doesn't really matter to me because there are new events on

More gold for China to win and a bigger gold medal lead

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Persistent questions about Chinese, but no proof

BEIJING (AP)—Despite persistent questions about the ages of several members of the Chinese women’s gymnastics team that won the gold medal, the International Olympic Committee said Friday there is still no proof anyone cheated and believes the controversy will be “put to rest.”

China has again given the governing body of gymnastics documents that show its athletes are eligible, and coach Lu Shanzhen said the girls’ families are “indignant” that the issue won’t go away.

Lu said the Chinese gave the FIG documents Thursday evening that included the current and former passport, ID card and family residence permit for double gold medalist He Kexin. Lu said the documents all say she was born in 1992, which makes her eligible to compete. Gymnasts must turn 16 at some point during the Olympic year in order to be eligible.

[url=http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/gymnastics/news;_ylt=AlMclIFJGufQHmaoiGtS3EyPaJh4?slug=ap-gym-underagechinese&prov=ap&type=lgns]Link[/ur l]

[edit on 22-8-2008 by chinawhite]

<< 1  2   >>

join