It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News caught using NLP Neuro-linguistic programming

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is a very interesting and informative set of videos. I have bookmarked them for later ..re watching and study.

I have some time ago given up on watching Hannity and Colmes for that very reason. I quickly tired of them constantly cutting off the people they interview. I considered it badgering and rudeness. I wanted to hear what these people had to say ..even though I might not agree with them in what it was they said...but I wanted to make up my own mind ..not have the program do it for me.

I just knew something was very wrong with their format. Now mind you ..other programs use a similar format..but Hannity and Colmes seems to be very aggressive in this. What I have also known for some time now is that Colmes seems to be the straight man in this set up. He actually plays into it by giving the person being interviewed the false assertion or starting point that he is somehow very Democratic party in all this set up.

Nonetheless I watch very little Fox news anymore. I can also say the same for MSNBC and CNN. I try to get some news and info from this computer but also bear in mind that it too can be very deceiving as well.

It is up to us to train ourselves to spot such misleading techniques and seduction being done on us. I very much appreciate and thank the OP for making this series of videos available to us on ATS.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

I use to think Hannity was the greatest guy ever, and I would cheer him on. But after watching him on TV, and listening to him on the radio for so long, and I`m not sure what it was that made me see him in a new light, but one day I watched him and thought to myself, wow, what a jerk. I think it was because I agreed with what the guy being interviewed was trying to talk about. Hannity would jump down his throat at every given chance, and the poor guy couldn`t get a word in edgewise, and it was making the guy look stupid. That was it for me. And I still see he gets away with it today. He would make some country a great self-righteous dictator.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Yeah FiatLux..I agree. I too ,at one time, liked to watch Hannity and Colmes. I just got tired of those antics described by the OP. I did not realize that they were part of what the OP or the commentator in the video was describing. Neuro Linguistic Programming. I only knew that it was wrong the technique being used. I did not necessarily agree with what was said on either side by Hannnity and Colmes or the person being interviewed ...but I wanted to hear it uninterupted. I wanted to make up my own mind. What they are doing is not Fair and Balanced. It is programming. Fox is not the only network to use this format. Most of them do. Hannity seems to be more aggressive at it. Nor do I appreciate the straight man tactics of Alan Colmes in playing to Hannity.

Thanks for your post,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I think everyone on ATS should get to know these mannerisms and the linguistic manipulation, i know i'll be paying more attention next time i watch anything put out by the media.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack

Originally posted by TheKriv
I watched the first video and won't insult my intelligence by watching the
rest. It's called a debate because the interviewer doesn't agree. ABC, NBC, CBS AND FOX DO IT. He asked for evidence and the guy couldn't answer

_javascript:icon('
')

And we have another sucker folks, he fell for it hook line and sinker.
Serioualy, then news does this all the time, you're just too blind (gullible is the actuall correct term), to see it.

-Jimmy

Doesnt matter. Some people cant see it and you wont be able to show it to them because they just dont understand how they get influenced by it. It takes a certain amount of emotional intelligence.

WOAH WOAH WOAH, WTF This site claims to deny ignorance and yet you people call some one a sheep and less intelligente because they disagree with you? come on this is uncalled for, dont think your high and mighty because you claim to know some truth that isnt proven, IMO this website has the most sheep anywere, people blindly follow what they read on the internet and yet you attack a new network for giving people news/commintray on curret events. O'Reilly Hannity,and Cloms are all commentators not journalists, its their show its there opinon. Im highly Conseritive but i dislike Hannity because i can not stand his voice, he is loud and alittle rude, and i hate Cloms for the same reason, I like O'Reilly, but i know when he is full of crap i watch their shows for entertanment not to get news, Geeze you people take this stuff to seriously, just dont get so worked up and attack someone your not childern, so act like it.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Let's get it straight. NLP is a communication model. What people will realise is that everyone does NLP - programming the mind and the body... some just better than others! When someone says "I can't do this" or "It always happens to me" for example, they are programming their brains. NLP is not a "thing"... it is a model for maximising communication. We all know rapport - that's part of NLP. There are so many other things we do every day that form part of the NLP model. Although part of communication is words, and part of the words people use is hypnotic (whether conscious or not - we all do it!), hypnotic processes form a VERY small part of the overall NLP model. The fact is that most research uses hypnotic phrases to create "away from" strategies in our minds... "Smoking causes cancer" is the most commonly used embedded command known today... but why is that acceptable? Key is that hypnotic words or phrases are NOT NLP... they are PART of NLP!

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Those videos are no longer available. Please repost the videos.

Bladerunner222

reply to post by robwerden

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RX83GP02
IMO this website has the most sheep anywere

You should think this, given that you just said you were a conservative and this is a conspiracy theory website. The people that post here, by and large, are not so "mainstream," to put it more nicely. There are millions of people that share many of your particular views all over this country, I promise you. They are not that special.

You should be grateful for the exposure you get here to completely different ways of thinking about the world, if you can avoid becoming emotionally entangled with what is said. There is actually a very rich and wide diversity of people and views here.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It has been awhile since we have spoken about this. Now we all now these guys have been caught red handed so to speak. I am curious, Has anyone familiar with NLP caught Glenn Beck using any of those gestures? Especially when he was equating 911 truthers with terrorists?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Ah, i have not seen this thread for a while. I have been paying attention to fox newscasters, and i have noticed alot of unnecessary movement... but i am not an expert in neurolinguistic programming.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join