It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News caught using NLP Neuro-linguistic programming

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

The reason I love Colbert is because everything he does duplicates Bill O'Reilly (save for subject matter). Their gestures and body langauge are exactly the same. That's why it's so hilarious to watch Steven Colbert. He does it for a comedy show and it's great to see him actually mock Bill O'Reilly on a daily basis.. I really don't understand why Colbert was pointed out in the video though.. It's not like he's a serious pundit or something.. He's a friggin comedian...

At least we can all hope people don't take Colbert THAT seriously.. I'm surprised you don't see this on his show actually.. Colbert would see it as a compliment!!!!

-ChriS

[edit on 18-8-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing this.

Never heard of NLP before, now it has found a spot on the markerboard.

Just fed "NLP" into eMule and got over 300 responses, going to sample some books and see what Amazon will be sending next week

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Incredible!

Brilliant commentary!

Spot on!

Star and flag from me!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
i had the same thing happen to me on a radio show. it was going along fine, until we reached a point in the discussion that the host of the show didn't agree with. he automatically assumed he knew my position on it, understood the implications as i saw them and had his own answer ready so that i was never able to say another word. for the last 15 minutes of the interview, he did a monologue just so i wouldn't be able to respond or defend myself.

this isn't isolated to fox news or any particular political party. it's apparently a learned skill that's used to keep their fans of the show, in the same paradigm. if there's a chance a guest might shake that up, or upset the audience with divergent or contrary opinions, they WILL take control of the situation. i think it's about money and the dedicated viewers/listeners.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Good post.

I'm in the process of watching it. Funny thing is, you have some folks who post here who do similar things to discredit you and make you seem stupid, and try to derail you if you are on sensitive territory. At least try. I guess some of these guys are on someone's payroll. It only "works" on people who cannot see beyond it. It does tend to derail you, though, even if you don't get sucked into the lie they are trying to put forward. I had a couple of "blood suckers," I will call them, that derailed at least one of my posts. We know who these people are. Desperate folks they are. You pretty much have to ignore their posts, because they have no intention in finding truth, rather, they seek to bury it.

Thanks again to the OP for the post.

Man, just to update, since I've watched the whole thing. God, this is slimy stuff. The FOX guy controlling the "interview" is garbage. How does he sleep at night?

Troy

[edit on 18-8-2008 by cybertroy]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Good thing it doesn't work on just anyone *poof* like that isn't it.

Even Derren Brown isn't perfect, he tried paying with blank paper in one episode and one guy at a hot dog stand didn't accept it.

And once he tried to make people forget which stop they were supposed to get off at, and one guy didn't get fooled either.

I think you don't need NLP to make the majority believe what they (News) tell you, after all, they tell you things that you most likely did not know, and thus assume to be true because the news brings it to you. (Unless it's about stuff you did not believe in, which is where skepticism comes in.)

You can wave your hands all you want but you won't be capable of making me believe if I wasn't planning on believing anyway.

[edit on 18/8/08 by -0mega-]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Just curious; they are programming us with fear (lets say for Alien intrusion/invation) than they will do a broadcast of the actual phenomina, then offer themselves to help us, making us believe to need help, when in fact nothing is going on?

Well thats brilliant, I wish I would have thought of that. But I did't, so now I have a problem. Would this also be possible trough radio and video-games?

If this is true (to which I.m not saying it isn't), it sure would explain a lot of threads on other subjects, like the one asking who's also feeling like he/she is waiting for something.

EYE-opener I'm going to look what information is available on NPL!

Great thread!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

Are the people commenting above actually listening to the comments?

666 = FOX???? Sorcery? Little pinky = little penis?!?

C'mon!!! The show this guy is commenting on and picking apart a commentary show, not a straight news show. As far as I'm concerned, as long as it is disclosed that the people on the show are expressing their personal commentaries, I'm fine with that.

I think what he is trying to say is that Hannity is insidiously working on centuries-old beliefs regarding the symbolism of 666 which has become part of our folklore. The people who are most susceptible to the meaning of it are religious (I would say that a large number of FOX viewers are) but as it is something universally known in the western world as to what it represents, it will work on the subconscious. Now, I am not saying I agree with all of what he says as I found it a little far fetched myself (the handgesture to 666, that is), but the subconscious is a very strange thing. All the rest of what he says should not be dismissed out of hand just because of what he believes. I think, on the whole, what he says is fairly accurate.

[edit on 18/8/08 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This is great. I love the videos
are you for real? Where do you guys come up with this? Do you sit around in your mother basement and think this stuff up? But good job

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
media around the world use nlp; the hand/head gestures as if dancing, rhythm of the words, a pretty face, etc. NLP have probably been practiced on the masses for millenia in some form or other; maybe its actually half of "The Secret."

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
media around the world use nlp; the hand/head gestures as if dancing, rhythm of the words, a pretty face, etc. NLP have probably been practiced on the masses for millenia in some form or other; maybe its actually half of "The Secret."

Interestingly, it seems that most of the folks here, on tis particular thread, have taken a "universal tool" that is used by EVERYONE, consciously, or unconsciously, from your mother to the Democratic and Republican party, your girlfriend, your boyfriend, your pet dog/cat/goldfish, and are trying to make it a tool for evil, used by the news/Republicans/Democrats/Vegetarians/take your pick. Even the Ericksonian Hypnotist is making it itnto something it isn't.

Neuro Linguistic Programming, is simply taking your learned responses and putting them into a situation whereby you are manipulated to achieve an outcome. Nothing evil. We all do it, most of us, without ever realizing it.

Take your NLP responses, as provided in the videos, open your mind a little bit, and observe how most, if not all of the above mentioned relationships, are interacted by the primary folks involved.

It ain't just the Republicans or the Fox News folks who use NLP in an attempt to win your "heart/mind/purse/loyalty/etc"...

It will certainly be interesting to me to see if this particular entry draws any blood letting types of responses.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I watched the first video and won't insult my intelligence by watching the
rest.

_javascript:icon('
')

[edit on 18-8-2008 by TheKriv]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I watched the first video and won't insult my intelligence by watching the
rest. It's called a debate because the interviewer doesn't agree. ABC, NBC, CBS AND FOX DO IT. He asked for evidence and the guy couldn't answer

_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Wow 25 years later in my life i don't really take these news channels very seriously now. It took me that long to realized how messed up this world is and good thing i came to this site on accident. If i never did came here i would have still been deeply sleeping. Hope one day we will get the REAL news.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
Here is an advice for the OP, DON'T WATCH TV (NEWS)!!!!
A lot of us don't watch news programs anymore due to the same reason you are posting this.

I gave up watching talking heads six years ago. I read instead. That means I decide what to feed my brain. Not some monopolized media outlet.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

Fox News is not the only program that uses NLP. Abc, CBS, ABC, and CNN do the same thing. The difference is that Fox invites both sides to be heard, and asks the same questions of both sides. O'Reilly actually insists they answer the question. I don't watch Hannity and Combs because I don't like the fact that Sean Hannity seems wants to shout down any one he doesn't agree with. Oh how I miss William F Buckley! Buckley, an arch conservative, could home in on the real issues, and get his guests to answer questions without yelling and screaming.
(By the way, CNN had a program a few years ago which featured a similar format to Hannity and Combs that featured a conservative and a liberal. Can't remember the name now, but Robert Novak was one of the hosts for a while.
The way to avoid being "programmed" is to listen to what is being said. Pay attention to key words. Then, instead of taking what they say at face value, THINK about what has been said. Reason it out for yourself. And get your news from various sources. I read newspapers, surf the net, watch(listen)to various TV news programs, as well as commentary. Then I make up my own mind.
I am not saying that I am immune to NLP. I don't think any of us can be totally immune, simply because we will always let our guard down at one time or another. But if you recognize it is being used, then you can put your guard up.
No one has mentioned one of the most successful "pushers" of NLP in this thread. Tony Robbins has made a freaking fortune with this stuff.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Well established fact. Little pinky = little penis. So well established in psychology, in fact, that the Australian (or perhaps NSW State) Government introduced a public road safety campaign in which attractive women gave speeding drivers (who were ostensibly trying to look "cool") the little finger.

It's a very, very clear gesture and I was somewhat taken aback at its usage on FOX. I generally train my ears on the conversation and my eyes on the facial expressions in these interviews, so I hadn't noticed exactly which gestures were being used. I tend not to notice the specifics of gestures during conversation. Perhaps I should take more note in future.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Most of you guys serious? You guys NEVER notice this?

You guys just have to watch the O'Reilly to catch this. Colbert does this too but because he is a comedian

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
They manipulate you in ways that few people don't understand and get you with news flashes they want you to see.

I very much agree. Try not watching the news for a couple of months. You will feel much, much better and even start to look at life with optimism again.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Thanks for the OP. It's good to educate people as much as possible to the ways in which the media manipulates the message.

However, NLP is used by everyone to varying degrees, it's requisite for normal socialization and successful conversational rapport. Unfortunately in today's media saturated world people are more sophisticated and manipulative in its use. If you google it, you can even find sites that teach how to use NLP to skeeze a date.

Whenever I think of NLP I am always reminded of this quote from a great movie, the Big Kahuna:

“It doesn't matter whether you're selling Jesus or Buddha or civil rights or 'How to Make Money in Real Estate With No Money Down.' That doesn't make you a human being; it makes you a marketing rep. If you want to talk to somebody honestly, as a human being, ask him about his kids. Find out what his dreams are - just to find out, for no other reason. Because as soon as you lay your hands on a conversation to steer it, it's not a conversation anymore; it's a pitch. And you're not a human being; you're a marketing rep.

[edit on 18/8/2008 by kosmicjack]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join