It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News caught using NLP Neuro-linguistic programming

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+72 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
NLP is a sort of mental hypnosis or seed planting used by magicians such as Derren Brown. If done correctly the NLP operator can use hand gestures or word patterns to make you believe anything they want.

I attended a NLP training class in 1995 for my company. It was designed for sales people to be able to read customers better and then close the sale by planting the suggestion they wanted to buy or do business with you.

Do a search on NLP to read more about it, or take a look at the Derren Brown videos on you tube.

So this guy put together a very nice video showing the NLP trademark signs Fox News was using during an interview of a 9/11 truth topic.

Part 1
video.google.com...

Part 2
video.google.com...

Part 3
video.google.com...

It has also been suggested that Fox news used NLP to announce Bush had won when he really had not or the race was to close to call. The fact remains that they were indeed the first network to call the race for Bush.

What worries me is if NLP is being used by the networks, they can basically make anyone see what they want them to see.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I wouldn't put it past Fox...

I mean, you'd NEED to use hypnosis to sell the official 9/11 story.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I know. Thats the scary part. When news is being broadcast, the reporter can use NLP combined with file footage of similar events, or misrepresent real events such as those just reported by Russia of the CNN broadcast reporting from one city but showing video from another to make you think the fighting is in a different area thus expanding.

If the election this year is a tight race, im sure the media will be able to convince even the candidates and their staff of what ever they want. Even if it is not a tight race, simply saying someone won will cause the other candidate to consider conceding the election.

This is something that if made public would force the media to change tactics, especially if a real documented case can be made showing each network using the NLP

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Here is an advice for the OP, DON'T WATCH TV (NEWS)!!!!
A lot of us don't watch news programs anymore due to the same reason you are posting this.

They manipulate you in ways that few people don't understand and get you with news flashes they want you to see.

They provoke you to think irrational as to blame someone else for whatever had just happened, they make you doubt things you never doubted before, and yet, millions of people are still watching TV.

If you don't want to be like the rest of them, then stop watching TV!

Just a friendly advice!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Yeah, no surprises here.

They don't call it cable PROGRAMMING for nothing, yaknow?

Not to dismiss the allegations or infer they don't matter, just that it's kind of a given from where I sit.

I don't watch the TV news, haven't watched it since 9/11/01 (that I can recall)...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I watch the news occasionally, usually just the local stuff.
And even then I wear my alien revealing sunglasses from the old Roddy Piper movie.

There's spin on everything. Some more, some less, but never absent.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Just to comment on the content of the youtube video. The commentator missed one very important gesture. Hannety puts his hands together as if in prayer at the same time as saying "extremist" (go to the third part starting 2:17 ). I found myself reacting to it. Not very subtle though.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
OK, I don't watch the News anymore.

But, I starred and flagged this thread, because it was very informative to me.

I have always picked up on the obvious control by the media, but the subconscious manipulation is a whole new ball game. It is sorcery. Plain and simple.

So, do all these guys go through extensive training for this type of manipulation before they go on air? Are there like boot camps for this sorcery?

My word, their whole world is caving in as we become more aware.

Great post, and thank you op.

Edit to add: Is ATS doing the same thing to us with the Mirror Banner? I mean come on, get rid of that thing. It's NLP!!!!

[edit on 17-8-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Seems to me like the only reason the got the professor there in the first place was to discredit him. Not to inform the people, not to get ratings, no to interview him in any case, but just to discredit him.

Of course they use NLP. How didn't i think of that before? Even my ex-boss, the owner of a not-so-big company, was using NLP all the time with his clients. I've seen it so many times, and i have to say it did work. It even worked on me most of the times, although i knew what he was doing. Surely a major tv channel like Fox, that broadcasts to millions, will wanna use NLP... Scary.

Thanks for the videos!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
How long have we been exposed to this technique?

I watch Fox quite a bit. I don't like Sean Hannity and I don't believe much of what he says. Does this mean I am immune?

Is there any difference between Jedi Mind Tricks and NLP?

Is G. Lucas a practitioner. Was he trying to use it on Star Wars viewers or was he exposing it?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The question whether or not you are immune to NLP when performed by someone you dislike is an interesting one. The professor in the clip certainly did not like Hannity either. NLP was not necessary on him as the badgering and personal attacks were enough to confuse and befuddle him, as was intended.

It is far more likely that Fox uses NLP solely to get the people who are watching to believe everything they say. BUT, you probably have to have empathy with the person who is performing NLP in the first place for it to work effectively. Me personally just felt embarrassed for Hannity.. and for the people who dig what he says.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
The question whether or not you are immune to NLP when performed by someone you dislike is an interesting one. The professor in the clip certainly did not like Hannity either. NLP was not necessary on him as the badgering and personal attacks were enough to confuse and befuddle him, as was intended.

It is far more likely that Fox uses NLP solely to get the people who are watching to believe everything they say. BUT, you probably have to have empathy with the person who is performing NLP in the first place for it to work effectively. Me personally just felt embarrassed for Hannity.. and for the people who dig what he says.

You are exactly right. The brainwashing only works for those who are open to the suggestion. If you are watching FOX to get your news, then you are open and could be manipulated. If you watch to laugh at them and see what "venom" they are spewing then you probably are not open to the power of suggestion.

The entire point of the interview in this case was indeed to make the viewer feel that if they thought 9/11 was an inside job then they are a nut. The NLP suggestion was soley focused on that and not to provide information for people to decide on their own.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The bit on "anchoring" is pretty interesting. This clip alone is obvious proof of NLP in action. And this type of thing happens on all the news networks. Bill O'Reilly is one of the people who come to mind who are extremely good at this type of thing. But I don't agree with the idea that Steven Colbert is supposedly using NLP to manipulate viewers. I know when I'm watching the Colbert Report I don't take anything too seriously because I know how funny and nutty the guy is. When Colbert has guests on he usually lets the people actually make their point and publicize their new book/movie/whatever.

But it is true that if you compare Steven Colbert's body language and hand gestures to Bill O'Reilly's, they are nearly identical. The difference is that Colbert is an act for comedy. Bill O'Reilly is a political pundit who is completely serious.. ALL THE TIME. And when O'Reilly is actually laughing on his show he's usually actually laughing at other people or groups of people.

-ChriS

[edit on 17-8-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I am unable to get part 3 of 3 - I don't see it anywhere.

Are the people commenting above actually listening to the comments?

666 = FOX???? Sorcery? Little pinky = little penis?!?

C'mon!!! The show this guy is commenting on and picking apart a commentary show, not a straight news show. As far as I'm concerned, as long as it is disclosed that the people on the show are expressing their personal commentaries, I'm fine with that.

I was interested to hear how Fox was brainwashing me but I'm sorry, if this guy wants me to take him with an ounce of seriousness, he should leave the dungeons and dragon sorcery out of it.

I'm not a flippin' sorceress yet when I argue with people I sound a lot like Hannity. When someone is trying to convince me or tell me about something that I believe is so far out there, why would I sit there and pretend as if I'm believing it? If he wants to push his agenda, I'm darn sure going to make my agenda known as well. The only difference is that I don't do it on TV!!

Jemison

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by seawolf197
Edit to add: Is ATS doing the same thing to us with the Mirror Banner? I mean come on, get rid of that thing. It's NLP!!!!

Just to say: A flag/banner, when flown upside down is a sign of distress, SOS as it were. This is a world function, and dates back long before my history knowlegde goes, someone more ejumicated could be specific

In the recent post by SkepticOverlord, concerning the demise of the board (forget the title), he even brought it up, that this is why the banner was flown under, including stating his aspect that ATS was in fact in a current state of distress.

As for the news ............ best damn thing I ever did was quit watching it. I haven't watched news in, literally, a couple decades. Before the Internet, I just deciphered what I heard from others. With the Internet, I simply conglomerate everything I read into a synopsis, and let my head decide for me what the full story is.

Brainwashing? I do my own laundry, heh.

[edit on 17/8/08 by Misfit]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

It sounds crazy doesn't it? But NLP is a VERY real tactic that can be used for subconsciously manipulating people. Look at These videos..

This is how easy it is to manipulate people into doing things they wouldn't normally do or believe things they wouldn't normally believe.. Like give you their wallet, their car keys, money, whatever. In this case they have a losing ticket on a dog race but they end up getting paid for a winning ticket because of how they manipulate the women in the booth.

-ChriS

[edit on 17-8-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
BUT!

There is a counter to this. The person being interviewed can counter this if they are an exceptional orrator and they posses PERFECT recollection and knowledge of the subject.

The videos showed no such telents of the people being interviewed, as FOX made sure to select weak minded poor debaters.

Here are videos of George Galloway (Think a British Ron Paul) absolutely destroying news folks using his vastly superior debating skills. It is like watching poetry in motion when someone of his talents unleashes on the news folks. You almost feel sorry for them.

Enjoy:

Galloway VS Sky News

Galloway VS the US Senate (One of my favorites)

Galloway VS US Intelligence officer Bob Ayers

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

OP you get more people's attention if you put the videos to show up here instead of having to click the link.

Great videos by the way. I'm definitely gonna be taking a closer look at the media anchors next time. Starred and Flagged!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I was having problems with the video link, so I just made a click link. Hope it is not to much of a bother.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
What about flashing pictures of john mccain inbetween the fox new intro... I remember reading about that a while back... the media is a powerfull tool...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join