It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right At Your Door (2006)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I incidentally brought this movie up in another thread and did a quick search in the survival forum about it but found nothing. I saw it on the shelf a week or so ago at the local vid store.

Has anyone seen it? Did I miss a thread about it already??

Basic Premise: "A dirty bomb goes off in Los Angeles, jamming freeways and spreading a toxic cloud" SOURCE

Official Site(NOT SPAMMING.. it IS relavent.)
A pretty real scenario in my opinion. Anyone care to discuss?

[edit on 16-8-2008 by SHNIPE]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SHNIPE
Basic Premise: "A dirty bomb goes off in Los Angeles, jamming freeways and spreading a toxic cloud"

Just what LA needs, more traffic. Traffic jams get top billing?

Could it happen? Sure.
Will it happen? Dunno.

Can we discuss why people have any interest in watching disaster movies? What's the point? Are we supposed to move out of the affected area before it happens? Are we supposed to learn how to survive if it really does happen? Are we supposed to think that Hollywood provides a realistic view?

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

have you seen the movie? I dont wanna spoil it unless theres more discussion but its not dramatized as much as some movies.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Can we discuss why people have any interest in watching disaster movies? What's the point? Are we supposed to move out of the affected area before it happens? Are we supposed to learn how to survive if it really does happen? Are we supposed to think that Hollywood provides a realistic view?

Sounds like a good topic for another thread. you start it I will join In I have a few ideas but want to stay on topic.

I havent seen the movie yet but ime gonna go look at the video store latter today to find it.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I haven't seen this yet, but I usually like post-apoc stuff (with some notable exceptions...can we say "WaterWorld" LOL) so I'll probably be checking it out.
Phage,
I'm with angryamerican. Start the thread. I'd love to see people's opinions. =)
~anahna

(this thing isn't letting me fix the formatting, that's the reason for the edits, sorry.)

[edit on 8/17/08 by anahna muss]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by anahna muss

I know what you mean about the edits.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Thanks for the link, Phage. Sorry, I didn't realize that was the thread you had started. I'm still pretty new. Been lurking for a bit but haven't posted much. Now, off to your post to reply! =)
~ana

new topics

top topics

join