It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wheres the white doves?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I was driving today and listening to the radio because my mp3 player was flat and this song came on

Haven't heard it for so long.
But with all the crap flying in the world and some of us here speculating the beginning of WW3.It seemed appropriate, its such a simple message.
We are all just someone's daughter or just someone's son so why are we fighting?Would you want your parents to suffer the grief of losing you, would you do that to someone elses family?Does George,Mahmoud,Putin or anyother world leader stop and think "how would my family feel if i were killed in battle today?"I realise the world and its ways is not as simplistic as this but surely im allowed hope?
So i would like to start a peace thread no flaming no arguing just a small breather from all the doom and gloom and perhaps a shimmer of hope that we could make a difference if we shouted loud enough.
So if you support peace please stop in u2u your foes and tell them to stop in.
We are the majority and the world may never be fully at peace, but we could make it a hell of alot more better to live in if we used our voices and actions to speak!

This is dedicated to my friends who are offshore "peacekeeping"-please come home soon.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Good post - war is horrible, and should only be reserved for protecting people from harm... not all the bs that it's been used for, especially in the last few hundred years. I really think most of our world leaders are psychotic and just don't give a sh*t, so many wars have been created for all the wrong reasons. And usually the banking money grubbing elite have had a part in it since they came in

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
you can't reduce global power politics to "give peace a chance".

i didn't see the islam civilization "giving peace a chance" on 9-11. i don't see suicide bombers spreading much peace, love and understanding.

the war in iraq is justified. russian aggression in georgia must be addressed, especially in light of its ties with iran. iran's desire to build a nuclear bomb is not exactly advancing the cause of peace.

hand holding and white doves doesn't cut it. the united states is stepping up to the plate and doing what we need to do in order to make the world a unified world under the direction and guidance of the united states. that is our best real chance for peace.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Slothrop - "hand holding and white doves doesn't cut it. the united states is stepping up to the plate and doing what we need to do in order to make the world a unified world under the direction and guidance of the united states. that is our best real chance for peace."

Damn... you been brainwashed? You seriously think some muslims did 9/11? It was a State sponsored event dude, Israel and US compliance. Don't think they work together on building up fake terrorism? Look up the U.S.S Liberty. The USA isn't anything special, it's manipulated by the same people that own all the TV you watch, the same people allowing poisons in our food and water, the same guys that have hundreds of prison camps ready when martial law comes up - do some research people, get off the patriotic ignorance.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Please dont argue in here!
Slothrop i know what your doing and why please dont there are plenty of other threads to argue your points in.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
this thread was meant for peaceful convo to contrast to the norm around here. although i do not think peace can be acomplished by words and actions in this time, i think we should all respect Azadors' message. so lets not argue over nonsence, if you want to argue wait for another thread. (sorry everyone if i'm sounding like a mod because i'm far from being one)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by declassified

Thank you for "getting it".

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Heey, no fighting in the peace thread!

Isn't it sad how we just can't stop fighting? Even when there's no subject to fight about.

I for one support your peace thread and i think it's a great idea. I was just about to post in a "war thread", but instead of getting my blood pressure high i decided to post here.

Take a deep breath... Aah! Peace. Much better.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Azador this thread is a reminder to us all how many have loved ones abroad, fighting in the name of honour for our country, I have starred and flagged..peace to all, and you AZ.
Peace..

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Thank you nuts!

top topics

join