It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Is my Grandfather a time traveler or a joker?[HOAX]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Just bringing this back up for my Daytime fellow member to take a look at while they are at work and bored. *Bump*

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Ya really, what kind of a person would burn a government time travel manual, you must have rocks in your head to do that, especially signed by a president, lol... probably a big hoax, it screams "Trying To Hard"!!!

try back when your 31337

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Maybe the holographic cranium projection system that was implanted in his Grandfathers head started to lose it's power source so his grandfather actually typed this all out to have a record on hard copy.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Hmmmmm....this story sounds familiar to me.

OP, perhaps you have posted something similar on another forum a few months ago?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Why would your grandpa burn the edges like that in such an even and standard manor?

Doing that is a well-known technique for getting documents to look old and worn out...You forgot to soak it in tea overnight though!

In my opinion the OP made these documents himself. Entertaining read though.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The burning looks too contrived. The manner of the scorch marks are not consistant with real accidental burning. Some pages are burnt in places where someone would have to have been holding the book open with one hand, and purposely burning small sections with the other- because the neighbouring pages are burnt in a completely different fashion, edge only, accidental style.

Fake.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I love these threads. Op posts once then 20 pages later no response. Anywas, I'm no expert but the paper almost looks fake. Like cartoon paper. From my personal military experince I have never seen a Field Manual (FM) or Technical Manual (TM) written on that stlye of paper and I have about five or six sitting in a foot locker at home. Of course if you take in the consideration of different timelines then it could be possible. I find it peculiar that the OP puts something this important up and then goes to bed without waiting to see what people had to say. Personally if it was me I could go without a few hours of sleep to get some answers to possible prove of TT.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I am going to have to side with the fake camp on this one. The reason being, the burnt edges of the document do look like those treasure maps we would make with a parents help back in grade school. The burning is too even, as if someone took a flame to the edge of the text block, while the book was closed, so the interior would not be affected.

execution: C
creativity: B
effort: B+

[edit on 8/15/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
LOOOL.
Are you people blind? Can't you see it's all computer generated graphics? and real bad ones!

Amazing the stuff people come up with.lol

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I´m sorry if someone already posted this because I only rad the 1dt page of comments:

The strange spelling mistakes, grammar and general writing style could easily be attributed to cultural evolution. If you read any document from 100 years ago or more, the spelling, grammar and style are vastly different to today´s. And this document claims to be from after the start of the 22nd century!

Another thing that struck me is the handwritten notes in the document. They are written as though someone had fine motor control issues. I have heard this often (enough to remember it) in connection with time travel. Subjects either cannot write at all or write with great difficulty.

Maybe someone can corroborate this?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Others have addressed the suspicious "aging" of the document and the grammar issues. Another problem I have is that this is supposedly a technical manual for the operation of a time machine and all it does is give a spotty overview of future "history" and extremely vague concepts of how the machine works. Taking into consideration this and the grammar, I think this is the creative work of a high school student.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Doesnt look to me at a close up level, and comparing with laser or inkjet text to be done on any of those.
Looks more like its done on an old ribbon style printer.
Not a typewriter because the ink has been burnt into the paper digitally in the center, and smudged around the outside.Typewriter just punches it in.
And the burning looks way to fake of course.
Why would someone go to all this trouble just to lie about this on the internet?
That would take a very disturbed person if you ask me.
I really think its fake but I guess it could be true.
How could we ever know.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
We may know if the OP ever shows back up. The fact that we have not seen anything form them since the posting further confirms by belief that this is a hoax.

Nothing about it is believable for me.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
no they're not fake...

but what i do find interesting in these documents are the stamps on the front page or cover.....there are 3 stamps...two that are circular, and another thats a shape, perhaps a phenix, or an eagle? or the possibilities of a dragon.....the circular stams seem to have words in them like a post office mark....but are too illegable for me to dechiper. but the first one i think says alaska on the top.....

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Come on all, lighten up, I know primary school kids that could come up with better...in fact, i remember pulling something like this off at age 9, I went a step further and soaked my time travel pages in tea leaves and water. I also went to the trouble of getting my mum to proof read it.

it's friday, no work for two days, and now i've got a really good read for the journey home...what a good day!...

Only thing that can top today is another brilliant photo of a sasquatch after a drunken night out.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Tegmondy

Dude could you scan the entire page from left to right???
I hate to be a peck but the missing right side may have a tell tale sign of
truth or farce...

I would appreciate it greatly as would any good debunker/skeptics here!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Tegmondy

This, I love. Great stuff!

If what you say is true, then your grandfather is not only a trickster, but a highly imaginative one. I would treasure this piece for the remainder of my life. Preserve it as best as you can and try to live up to your grandfather’s imagination and devotion to a wit and playfulness.

If you’ve created it, congratulations on a job well done, it is a beautiful piece of work. It is reminiscent of Jules Vern or Edgar Rice Burroughs style of fiction and is the basic foundation for a great series of novels about time travel.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I read this document all the way through and found it to be a good read. There are some interesting concepts of travel and paradox theory there.

Beyond the noted grammatical errors, three things stood out to me:
1) misspelling personnel on page 2, when page 1 spelled it correctly
2) the cursive "signature" of the president with the dot-dot-dot markings around the surname initial G
3) the timeline seems flawed

And did anyone notice that in the future we also have a WW4? If there is any crediblility to this at all, then that means in the next 100 years we have 2 world class wars.
I notice the OP posted this in a time when there is so much conflict going on that people would buy in to the thought of world war in the coming years.

Good read, nice story.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

dude, click on the image to see the full piece.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Quite simply this SMELLS LIKE BULLSH*T.

A read of the first page REEKS of a fake. The not-to-distant future scenario of a world war (this time it's No.4 of course, WW3 is so 20th Century!)

The story about finding in a Grandpa's locked chest and the tea-stained, burnt edged papers? Come on! Why would they be synged at the edges, don't tell me they were robbed from the clutches of a burning government building just before THEY could destroy the evidence

7/10 for effort.
1/10 for originality.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join