It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker Wins Extradition Delay

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
So by that logic it's ok to go into a government/military building where confidential material is being handled, and if the handler turns their back for a second that means all security and laws are void and you should take a glimpse?

Heck yeah
That's what news hounds do all the time... where do you think leaks come from? Or the trash bin where someone carelessly let something miss the shredder. Or some 'insider' deliberately left something lying around

You know its a real joke around here... Skeptics are constantly screaming "SHOW US THE PROOF" This site is full of people trying there best to show the government is lying, cheating, misleading and covering up stuff...

Now this guy found possible evidence (I say possible because NO ONE has seen it) on a NASA computer...

I here skeptics all the time saying NASA is a PUBLIC entity and as such should not have any secrets...

If secret astronaut corps do not exist... if secret spacecraft and space stations do not exist... as skeptics here have beaten me over the head with countless times...

Then what is all the fuss? WHY is he getting 70 years for finding something you guys all say is BS?

How is he committing 'near' treason for accessing files on a PUBLIC ENTITY'S computer at Johnston Space Center at NASA?

Are you telling me that NASA is a Defense Agency?
Are you telling me that secret astronauts must exist?
Are you telling me he really did see the secret spaceship?

All left in an unprotected file on a NASA employees desk?

Do you realize that is you do a google search and happen to stumble upon a secret document totally by random search on a military publicly accessible directory because some fool carelessly left it in the wrong place that YOU would go to jail and be charged with treason just because you have it on your computer... even though you did no hacking... merely clicked on a google search item?

Yes it might be the official's fault that the information was left vulnerable for McKinnon to access,

Yes and I will bet you that official is not going to be collecting his pension...

but that doesn't mean that McKinnon should do it. It doesn't matter how easy it was or how good he is at 'research, he knew that it would mean trouble.

Yes he knew that...
Yes he admitted that...

I do not condone his methods of sneaking as he did... but even I have enough common sense to put a password on my computer, and especially on my wireless internet... (as 10 of my neighbors don't because I can use their connection anytime I wish - something you all might want to check
)

If that list of non-terrestrial officers and that photo of the secret spaceship had been found by a news hound or if Gary had managed to make a copy and get it out to the media... you think it wouldn't be all over the net by now?

Well its funny but on the one hand skeptics want researches like me to 'provide the goods' or they call BS, then on the other hand they say we shouldn't LOOK

So by that logic there is no point to ATS... because even if we did have 'the goods'... we couldn't and wouldn't... nor would we be allowed to post... ANYTHING that was proof of ANY secret project...

My personal opinion is they want him over here to shine lights in his eyes and find out if he truly does NOT have a copy somewhere... or sent something to a friend...

It is more likely he went SOMEWHERE ELSE other than NASA JSC... but they need him here to 'bore him to death with polite conversation'

Well yeah either that or he almost found something. The area that he was in obviously contains sensitive material, which is why you shouldn't try to find ways to get in. Legally petition the authorities to release the information, sure. But never try to get a sneaky look at what they're trying to hide, because they will get mighty p*ssed.

Okay let me try this one more time...

WHY is NASA hiding sensitive information on the PUBLIC INTERNET?

Do you guys even know that there are 4 levels of internet? The one WE use cannot get into the 3 higher ones...

The SECRET stuff is on SIPRNET and the Top Secret stuff is on JWICS

The SIPRNet (Secret Internet Protocol Router Network) is a system of interconnected computer networks used by the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of State to transmit classified information (up to and including information classified SECRET) by packet switching over the TCP/IP protocols in a "completely secure" environment. It also provides services such as hypertext documents and electronic mail. In other words, the SIPRNet is the DoD’s classified version of the civilian Internet together with its counterpart, the TOP SECRET and SCI Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System, JWICS. The NIPRNET is used to exchange sensitive but unclassified (SBU) information.

Here is the front door for SIPRNET nic dot mil It is the ONLY door and requires a DoD pass AND being at a .mil site... Go ahead look at the sign on the door... they won't bite

My only point is that 70 years for snooping at NASA is not right... NASA is supposed to be funded by us...

I bet it also has to do with the fact that he is a non American... because I can easily access certain .mil sites that my friends OUTSIDE the USA in Italy, the UK and India cannot...

And before ya start name calling I am talking about PUBLIC access so don't get any weird ideas
I am just very good at finding where they keep the good stuff we are allowed to see

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorand
shall i go into u'r millitary or space program systems and,, ohh... i dont know, delete files and just snoop around..

You CAN"T Its not possible... the important stuff even in the UK is NOT ON THE INTERNET... you guys really need to do some research and DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Okay let me try this one more time...

WHY is NASA hiding sensitive information on the PUBLIC INTERNET?

Do you guys even know that there are 4 levels of internet? The one WE use cannot get into the 3 higher ones...

The SECRET stuff is on SIPRNET and the Top Secret stuff is on JWICS

The SIPRNet (Secret Internet Protocol Router Network) is a system of interconnected computer networks used by the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of State to transmit classified information (up to and including information classified SECRET) by packet switching over the TCP/IP protocols in a "completely secure" environment. It also provides services such as hypertext documents and electronic mail. In other words, the SIPRNet is the DoD’s classified version of the civilian Internet together with its counterpart, the TOP SECRET and SCI Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System, JWICS. The NIPRNET is used to exchange sensitive but unclassified (SBU) information.

Here is the front door for SIPRNET nic dot mil It is the ONLY door and requires a DoD pass AND being at a .mil site... Go ahead look at the sign on the door... they won't bite

Zorgon don't bother i tried this many pages back and no one actually took notice. I agree that NASA would not be keeping such information on a public system. Most people just aren't aware that the military and intelligence services have their own, shielded, trans-atlantic cables. These aren't "hackable" because the systems have no front end that's available to the public outside the website you linked. Even that website isn't like your average amazon page.

McKinnon is making all of this up to get attention and it's working, i think it's a very smart move by him actually. I agree though that 70 years is rediculous and i will say again i think the reason for this is simple embarrassment by the USA government. They also probably think this will help deter further attacks, of course this is rediculous as hackers generally are just very curious people by nature.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

So WHY such a big sentence? 5 years for this and no one would have paid attention...

70 years and it screams out like a siren that he did find something

Heck I have more evidence about the secret astronauts and secret space programs than he does and ALL of that came from publicly accessible files...

So the problem here is the punishment... we have murderers here in the US that get less time

There is something not right here...

There is something we are missing..

[edit on 16-8-2008 by zorgon]

and this, my friend, is what keeps me up at night. Something is not right here.

I am embarassed by the number of people claiming that he hacked the government or the military. NASA is neither of these.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Your absolutely correct!

A lot of people just see this as plain black and white, when there are many other spectrum's to deal with.....

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Your absolutely correct!

A lot of people just see this as plain black and white, when there are many other spectrum's to deal with.....

Oh so we should see grey when someone breaks teh law in such a clear way. I guess it's about time that when someone murders a person that's ok, becuase he murdered a paedophile. Oh and if someone rapes a prostitute tha's ok because it's a grey area.

What utter tosh. He broke the law, he admits to breaking the law, therefore he should go to prison. I'm not sure where you get this idea it's ok to break the law and just be let off with it. It can't be classed as civil disobedience becuase he found nothing or at least can't prove he found anything. Until he can then this is nothing more than a brilliant way of getting attention for his case.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I am embarassed by the number of people claiming that he hacked the government or the military. NASA is neither of these.

Maybe you should actually read up on the case then as you're completely unaware he also accessed 61 military computers. Not just NASA, he is said to have penetrated certain areas of the navy if i remember correctly.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Maybe you should actually read up on the case then as you're completely unaware he also accessed 61 military computers.

Well here is my file on this... it includes the best interview with Gary yet He is clear and precise... so here it is from the horses mouth so to speak

www.thelivingmoon.com...

It also includes some DoD parameters dealing with this issue

Would be good to look at it

But one thing you all forget

NASA IS NOT A PUBLIC ENTITY

It has been under the DoD for some time now

So it brings us back to the original point I was making

Just what did he see ... if as skeptics claim... there is no secret space program

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The other point here is that 'they' claim that he damaged to the machines... This is the main claim, that he caused $5,000.00 damage to every machine he was on... This is what made it extraditable and such a long sentence...

here is the you tube for those who do not understand how links work

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
he admits to breaking the law, therefore he should go to prison. I'm not sure where you get this idea it's ok to break the law and just be let off with it.

Wow, do you really think it works like that in the real world? You can't be that naieve?

Many rich, powerful and influential people on this planet break laws (or change them to suit, so they're not breaking them) and never see a day in court.

Think about it, how many laws has the current US government broken - are they in jail? Start your crusade there, before you continue your witch hunt with Gary.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Dont bother, he has been defending his points since he started posting.

Some people dont see it the way we do.....

Its all good though

*Prediction*

Replies as such....

What if he'd hacked your bank account? What if this were compared to something small and insignificant? What if....... Blahh blahh blahh....
Gary broke the law.......Blahh blahh blahh....

Once again.....

GET A GRIP!!!

SET GARY FREE!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

Some people must believe in fairytales. The concept of 'you broke the law, so you go to prison' is so utterly false and complete BS in the real world.

These days, if you break the law, you can be a managing director or CEO of a company. You can even run for and be elected as President! The law only touches those people who can't defend themselves from it.

Free Gary, he's done nothing morally wrong. The USA is hiding secrets, they are harbouring information and committing treason against their own people.

Never try to defend the actions of a corrupt government, as you'll suffer the effects of allowing them to be corrupt.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
These days, if you break the law, you can be a managing director or CEO of a company. You can even run for and be elected as President! The law only touches those people who can't defend themselves from it.

Or murder... if you have enough "Juice" Orange Juice that is

Ever wonder what happened to Enron the day after 9/11? You know that company that was being investigate with all files in WTC 7?

Only the little people do time...

Guilty Yes
Do time... yes he confessed
Life Sentence? No

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

Some people must believe in fairytales. The concept of 'you broke the law, so you go to prison' is so utterly false and complete BS in the real world.

Err hang on a second, i said he should go to prison and you come back saying people get out of it all the time? Them getting out of it is bad i fully agree, however that doesn't mean everyone should be let off just because some rich idiot manages to pay the right people. By your logic that means we should let everyone out of prison because rich people get away with it.

Oh and that's exactly where your logic leads. To say that we should let him off just because rich people get let off is a completley false comparison. Rediculous in every aspect.

I'm not on a witch hunt i just think if someone breaks the law they should go to prison, that includes the rich and i have started my "witch hunt" there as you call it. All the time i call for the imprisonment of certain rich figures.

So next time why don't you bring up a logical arguement as to why someone who breaks the law should be let off instead of that completely bogus comparison you just tried.

Free Gary? No way. Reduce his sentence massively, absolutely. Five years sounds good. Probably three with good behavior.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Dont bother, he has been defending his points since he started posting.

Some people dont see it the way we do.....

Nope i don't because i'm a logical person not swayed by your extreme, biased emotions.

*Prediction*

Replies as such....

What if he'd hacked your bank account? What if this were compared to something small and insignificant? What if....... Blahh blahh blahh....
Gary broke the law.......Blahh blahh blahh....

Lets look at that last one shall we. "Gary broke the law", so you're saying i'm a bad and stupid person for requestion someone who broke the law go to prison?

Just because some rich person gets away with it doesn't mean everyone should. If we use that logic, as i stated above, we'd have to let everyone off.

Once again.....

GET A GRIP!!!

SET GARY FREE!

Get a grip and realise he broke the law, a five year sentence sounds fine. However i'm glad we agree on something, that his sentence is absolutely, in every way, rediculous. 70 years is bloody stupid for such a crime when we let murderes go after 25 years in the UK. See i knew we'd fine some common ground somwehere, it's just we disagree on the length of the sentence

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
[edit on 19-8-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This topic has already been posted:

London hacker loses appeal over US extradition

Please continue discussion in the above-linked thread, and please read the section about repeat topics in this link.
Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join