It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puzzle #5 - origami/tangram symbols

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ragster

The CKEEK translates into ENIIN from puzzle #2. Don't know if it will help this puzzle.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

I thought maybe some letters are going to be the same in the puzzles, thats porbably what happened last puzzle

so

ENIIN=HMBIQ

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ragster

how r u guys getting these letters?

also, how'd you know which one was there to throw u off? the one sixth top symbol u took out?

[edit on 8/11/2008 by Varrin7]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
eniin could be niine backwards, 9 with an extra I. I is the 9th letter of the alphabet.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ragster

which one wasn't real? my eyes hurt staring at these too long.

the 4th one from the left?

and we shouldn't assign two symbols to the same letter (i).

If you want more drama, the letters 'eniin' add up to 51.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hey guys!

Well I used to cryptogram helper, put in the words on page 1... and cam up with this...

SHOUTED YHVKUERT BLZQUOJS BEDEVILING YJSRSE

So only two words are in english, so theres something else in this... I have no clue how you guys figured out the dot puzzle though....

Anyways good luck!

Sincerely,
joshedis

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Why couldn't the "missing" symbol be S?

....and this is simply to avoid the one liner issue

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Im making some slight headway having identified the double- letters plus one other anomily: in the word LFGFIQMQRJ there are 2 F's and 2 Q's.

So Im using www.wordbyletter.com... and the statistics on scottbryce.com... to attempt to fill in those letters and then fill in the gaps.

So far I have:

LFMNODCPANN
S LESS

and

HPAKAF
LE E

Not much yet I know, and Im probably way off the mark again but Im starting to run out of ideas and those symbols are looking a little purple to me.....

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Anyone see any significance to the second set of symbols being set in the negative?

If you consider the missing symbol as "s" and then flip the order of each letter in the alphabet from beginning to end you get: SRX HWX

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by merky

[snip]

Errr OK

If you do not wish to participate in this then please keep your opinions to yourself as it takes away the enjoyment from the rest of us.

As for the rest of you, carry on

Mod Edit - removed quote

[edit on 11-8-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by merky

[snip]

You are right, in that evil must be opposed. But consider this: an attitude such as: "everything that doesn't directly fight the wrongs of the world is a useless distraction", when taken to the extreme you are expressing, discards and rejects almost all fun, joy, or happiness that can be found in life. So, I consider the effects of demanding that such viewpoint is always proper to be, themselves, evil. Lighten up.

Besides, how do you know that we're not a secret resistance group, covertly communicating messages by our random-letter 'attempts' to solve the puzzles in this 'game'?

Note to NSA: Just kidding.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Woo-Hoo! I have a possible something to contribute!

This site does a word search for partially known words. For example, your first word:

LFMNODCPANN
S LESS

can be one of the following:

constabless
whiskerless

and

HPAKAF
LE E

Could be one of these:

spleget
xylenes
ycleped

At the site, type in the letters you know, and use ? for unknown letters. If you select "Show all matches", there are more words to choose from.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

ok hold on ill make a picture for you guys

ok yay picture time

this is what I feared about multible letters being in place of the puzzle, meaning we supposedly would have to choose either or letter to make the current word.

I am using this cryptogram solver
www.esg.montana.edu...

[edit on 11-8-2008 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Don't know for sure that this will help as I don't have time to sleuth this one myself, but you're all on the wrong track here. This isn't origami, the figures are made from an old Chinese game called Tangram. Tangram consists of 7 pieces, 5 triangles, one square, and a parelellogram. The figures shown on the list are various traditional Chinese figures made from the tangrams. (The challenge in Tangram is to form the figures by rearrainging the various tangrams. It's actually quite fun and challenging.)

I'd suggest doing a search on tangrams and see if there's any precident out there to them being used to relay messages via some sort of code.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ragster

I wouldn't say that symbol is bad. I think I'm making some headway. The first and second groups of three symbols show you how they are ordered. You can infer how they are arranged from there. I'm building a ordered set of symbols from them like ABC.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I remember these from grade school

the thing is, i think most people believe to be triangles alone because of the hint given before the game about triangles making puzzle and such

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Working from my table, the first word translated to "her luck" Maybe I have something here. Working on it.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
try to go to a free fonts site and get some "origami" font, then type the symbols...just an idea

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Here's a fun triangle/square tessellation site:

gwydir.demon.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join