It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puzzle #5 - origami/tangram symbols

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Do you mind if i ask you to express more detailed like to a less intelligent being (myself
) ? lol. I like puzzles i've been away from ATS for a weeks and came on the tough puzzle i see so. I would like to contribute if possible.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

Replying to another post. Each block (at the bottom) has 5 aquares or dots. 25. The sum of each of those letters (from practice puzzles) = 51. 51- 25 = 26. Don't know if it means anything or not, just noticing.

However, if you take 4 of the symbol shapes and place together as was shown earlier, you get a 9 block grid. And I don't think I need to tell anyone that this is perfect to create a magic square.

In freemasonry circles, magic squares can be used as ciphers. It is called gematria.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hi all again,

This is a toughie!

I tried using morse code to code the top row because of the "marker" pointing all along the top row and then using a dash to represent the white triangle referencing clockwise from the "marker" and a dot referencing a lack of the black triangle.

so the first word would be:

---. -.-- -.-. ..-. .--. -... -.-.

I then used the bottom half of each glyph to take away the dots or dashes not applicable (i.e. in the bottom part using the original marker position as the start and moving clockwise, a white piece meant keep that piece of the code i.e. 1-4 moving clockwise from 3 o clock so this made the above to become:

--. -.-- -. .-. .--. -.. --.

unfortunately maybe i should replace the dots with dashes or white peices with missing pieces as this method provides codes that dont exist in morse.

Maybe I need to go anticlockwise or something?

but i will say that when i deciphered the 1st word using this method, Win Decrypto gave me one result and this was "PROJECT"???????

Just havin trouble getting a real decryption together using available characters of the Morse Code???

Best of luck all, i need my sleep!!!!

Wes

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I took out the ABCDEFG and was left with the HBIJKDFLG MFNOPCQAOO
MFGFIQNQRJ HSALAF
1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5
H B I J K D F L G M F N O P C Q A O O M F G F I Q N Q R J H S A L A F

(some reason something is missing but it worked on my paper :-\ ) If you take out the abcdefg and leave the rest i broke them into 5 categories of 7 which is below... now im confused
)

I then took the 5 thing you had going on earlier and broke them down and reluctantly for them they could equall be broken into 5 my first category is

HDFQFNS
BFNAGQA
ILOOOFRL
JGPOIJA
KMCMQHF

still confused someone correct me if you see my error

Another is

HMPDGNF
BDCOFQS
IFFMIRA
JLNQQJL
KGOAFHA

that happens if you shift the numbering like 1234523451345124512351234123452345

I was going to keep going but like many my mind is baffled.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
ok after much thought i figured it best to say that I dont beleive the first grouping to be ABCDEFG....

I beleive the whole top section to be the clue and the bottom to be the key... not sure how it works but there is a post somewhere on ATS that had said something like let it be know this this and that. something about diagonals.

A lot of you are following the crowd with the abcdefg idea but my question is why and for what reason? I see 8 Triangles and the 9th is just a distraction. Take those and arrange them and you will find the patter it wants you to find... there are a lot of possibilities... so im not sure how it can be perceived as an alphabet when the posibility is way more then 26. Everyone should bring in their own ideas in and be inventive because it is a very unique puzzle and cryptogram.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I got it, guys. Couldn't have done it without everybody's help!

The cryptogram translated to: EXTREME NORTHERN INSTALLMENT INFLUENCES NATURE (with a lot of mispellings in it)

The answer was HAARP (although, it took me about 30 minutes to realize that it was case-sensitive, and it was supposed to be lowercase), and the thread ID was 3851.

Give me a few minutes and I'll post all the details to how I found the solution. On to the next puzzle!!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Well done, I'm interested to see how you figured it out. The next puzzle looks interesting.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Great Job looking forward to the solution

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I just realized that I might have made a mistake when I made the pattern, and I think if I had solved it correctly, I wouldn't have had any misspellings in the answer (but I don't really feel like re-figuring it). I'm going to show you the way I solved it (WITH misspellings) and at the end I'll explain what I think it should've been.

The 6 characters at the bottom were not literally showing ABC XYZ, but just the beginning and the end of the pattern. The 5 under this were, as many people said, ENIIN, and I think it was americandingbat who figured out that these letters corresponded to the beginning of each word.

Now, for the pattern.

The pattern for the symbols went like this. First, no triangle #1, then, no triangle #2, then no triangle #3, etc. When it finished this cycle, it went no triangle #1 and #2 then no #1 and #3, then no #1 and #4, etc. After this it went to no #1-2-3, then #1-2-4, then #1-2-5, etc., then #1-2-3-4, #1-2-3-5, #1-2-3-6, #1-2-3-7, and ending with #1-2-3-8.

This is the pattern I came up with, with "NA"s showing symbols that weren't in the puzzle.

After this, I worked through each word, substituting E for the first letter of the first word, N for the next, I, I, then N. So, for example, the 2nd word started with N. I made a spreadsheet with one column having the numbers 1-26, and another column having the letters A-Z. The 1-26 corresponded to the symbols in the above table. So I knew the "N" of the 2nd word was the 1st symbol in the pattern. I then shifted the A-Z column down by 1 each time I moved a letter, so it went something like this:

1-N
2 O
3 P
4 Q

then

1 M
2 N
3-O
4 P

then

1 L
2 M
3 N
6 Q
7-R

until I got the word "NORTHERN"

So I did this with each word, starting with the 1st letter that I knew (because of ENIIN).

The answer I got came out to

EXTRZNF NORTHERN INRTALLZSNM INFLUENCES NATURE

With the words I had, I figured out it was something along the lines of EXTREME NORTHERN INSTALLMENT INFLUENCES NATURE, which as any good ATSer knows, is HAARP.

There was one symbol that I threw out (it should've been the #8 symbol), because I had been assuming some things at the beginning, and that piece didn't fit my assumptions. I think that if I had left that piece in, maybe there wouldn't have been any misspellings.

Thanks for all the help, guys. If that "ENIIN" thing relating to the beginning of each word had never been brought up, I never would've been able to solve it.

(edited to fix a mistake when I was explaining the pattern)

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Wintermute]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wintermute

lol so I almost had the correct sequence. I had the right idea.

Good job! Congratulations!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Well done mate!

Im glad someone won this one who has posted a great explanation also. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Oh WOW!!!!

Well done mate, cake is in the mail for you!!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Congrats on winning. I like the fact that you came back to help everyone learn what you did thats well respected.

I find myself jealous on that pattern you found because i had just done a similar grouping and when it did not do abcdefg i gave up lol. I guess it pays to Never Give Up
Good job.

Thanks for everyone working together also
FreeEnergy if you werent so smart you would have had it I think lol.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
its..
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
1234567890 aeiouy

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Congratulations to Wintermute! I had the same pattern, but got stuck on the QWERTY keyboard idea

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join