It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympics - a good time for war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Would you be pissed if the US attacks Iran under the "cover" of the Olympic games?

The Olympics is a great cover for war - Iran and Georgia?

If MSM refuses to cover this properly the public will not become concerned about Iran until it is long underway. I Even think the violence in Georgia will further provide cover for US actions. Could be reported as limited action, blah, bahhhhhh and most won't bat
a lash.

I think now is a very opportune time and there would be little need for Bush to sell this.

An explanation would be more like an after thought... Bombs away!!!???

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I don't think China would be happy at all with that proposal.

Right now I think they just want everyone to stop their fighting shenanigans and give China the spotlight.

news.xinhuanet.com...

I'm still of the opinion that the US will not open up another front in the Middle East. I'm not saying they can't, and it's well within their capability, but it'd be a really dumb blunder by any standard.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
I don't think China would be happy at all with that proposal.

Right now I think they just want everyone to stop their fighting shenanigans and give China the spotlight.

news.xinhuanet.com...

I'm still of the opinion that the US will not open up another front in the Middle East. I'm not saying they can't, and it's well within their capability, but it'd be a really dumb blunder by any standard.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by mattguy404]

Ya...

However I think Iran has been part of Bush's plans from day 1. Second I believe war is good for his party and his friends... Elections as well...

Do you think your fine AUSSIE soldiers could come here and free us from BUSH???
The women are freeky deeky...

Ask around would ya?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hmmm..... I personally feel it would be difficult for the Americans to pull of a succesfgul invasion before the end of the games... it would take some time to prepare for an invasion.

Georgia, OTOH...

More likely I feel, is that the Israelis will bomb Iran during games.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Im waiting for the suspected false flag attack during the Olympics... lets pray it doesnt happen.

If it does, it changes everything. A new 9/11 in China blamed on Iran would be the final spark needed for World War 3, and after the war, a global government.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

you know.. i was thinking the same thing..

What would be more perfect to start it all off then say a small nuclear weapon detonated at the games? or even better yet a biological weapon?

A Biological weapon would be better then a nuclear weapon in this instance due to the fact it creates more pure terror and fear then a nuclear bomb going off.

Granted a nuke exploding would kill lots of people but the overall effect is short term. IE the bomb explodes people die etc.. Where as with a biological attack the fear and terror it creates can be sustained over a much longer period of time. That said depending on the BIO agent used most likely you would not see as many deaths compared to a nuclear bomb.. But like i said it depends on the biological agent used. How it is spread (airborn or not) and how effectively it was released at the target site.

As for the question .. Would i be pissed ? ... If the US (My president) initiates another unjust war i will be royaly pissed .. So yes

Here is the rub though... How many years did it take for us to find out that sadam had nothing to do with 9/11 ? How many years did it take before we knew for a fact sadam had no WMD's ? That is .. Before it became publicly acknowledged.

I hate to say it but the great America that i grew up in has turned into a ignorant fat self absorbed country that doesn't care about anything but itself or what is stuck right in front of our noses.

This majority in our country are too self absorbed in itself to take notice of anything other then what is for dinner and the latest britney spears, Paris hilton scandle. Or what senator is boffing his secretary etc.

It is pretty telling about our society when you have on every network news channel for weeks on end the BS about paris hilton and other stupid celebrities. And no mention at all about what is really going on in the world.

Bush and his Constitution trashing buddys have and will continue to lead the people of the US down the path he wants until he is out of office or the people of the US wake up to reality and do something about it.

The main problem here though isn't Bush.. It is congress and its total lack of action to prevent bush from committing the crimes he has. Congress is the real problem here.. Their lack of action has and is the leading cause of the USA's problems. They have allowed the Bush administration to do whatever the hell he wants.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Russia has a reputation for attacking countries while the Olympics is happening.It serves as a good distraction for the world while they plan conquest.Just ask the Czechs,Hungarians,and Afganis.

top topics

join