It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

08-08-08-What-Is-The-Conspiracy ---- ATS Game Information

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
General Rules and Prizes for WhatIsTheConspiracy.com

Welcome to another game event from AboveTopSecret.com. We hope this will be an enjoyable event for all those participating. The game officially starts on August 8th, 2008, at 08:00 CDT.

For general rules on participating in games on ATS, and collecting prizes, please visit: AboveTopSecret.com Game and Event Rules

WhatIsTheConspiracy.com Prizes

-1- Eleven custom, limited edition high-quality T-shirts, designed exclusively for winners of the game. The player solving each of the ten questions, as well as the final question, will receive a T-Shirt. These are a high-quality heavy 50/50 black cotton shirt with screen print ink rated for "hundreds of washes," and personally approved by SkepticOverlord, on-press, before allowed to be sent out as prizes. Estimated retail value, $24.95 USD.

-2- Five editions of Above Top Secret by the New York Times best-selling author, Jim Marrs. Fulfillment of the books will occur soon after availability, scheduled for October of 2008. Players solving four of the more difficult questions, and the final question, will receive a copy. Estimated retail value, $19.95 USD.

-3- GRAND PRIZE: A 4 gigabyte Iron Key, the ultimate in secure USB thumb-drive storage, and secure web-browsing. The perfect device for whistle-blowers on the go who need to store their damaging government documents so they can upload them to ATS in perfect anonymity from any public computer. Estimated retail value, $149.00 USD. (This high-technology, exceptionally secure device has some shipping restrictions to certain countries, may not be available to all global game players.)

Rules And Information Specific To WhatIsTheConspiracy.com

-1- All game-specific activity, including the delivery of any clues, hints, or other game-play information will appear on www.whatistheconspiracy.com. No hints, tips, or other information after August 8th, 2008 appearing on any other domain that mentions the domain name should not be considered official information from AboveTopSecret.com.

-2- Ten cryptographically encoded questions will be sequentially delivered. In the event a player does not solve the question within twelve days after the cryptogram first appears on www.whatistheconspiracy.com, one hint designed to help solve the cryptogram will be provided. In the event a hint is provided and the "Above Top Secret" book by Jim Marrs is part of the question's prize package, the book prize will be forfeit.

-3- Successful solutions for the ten questions will deliver pieces of a final eleventh cryptogram. The grand prize package relies on a successful solution of the cryptogram.

-4- Each successful solution will prompt the game player for a valid name and email address. Please ensure you enter your email address correctly as it is the only method of authentication. Unauthenticated prizes will not be circulated back into the game.

-5- Players solving multiple questions are only eligible for one prize during the tenure of this game, however, multiple winners may "gift" their subsequent prize(s) to other players of their choice..

General Guidelines For WhatIsTheConspiracy.com

Please create new threads in the ATS Sponsored Games & Events forum for each new cryptogram. Admin will update this announcement post with links to new threads as they appear.

This is intended as a collaborative and enjoyable game in the spirit of all past Games on ATS, as seen in item five above. Please keep discussions in the game threads civil and cooperative.

At the end of the game, up to five T-Shirts may be awarded as discretionary prizes by ATS Admin for participants who have shown exemplary collaborative spirit, but have not entered correct solutions into the game system.

Any required updates to the game specifics will be applied to this thread. Those who are playing are advised to keep track of any new postings here.

Good luck, and have fun.

LINKS TO CRYPTOGRAM/PUZZLE THREADS

Puzzle #1: Colored Dots

Puzzle #2: Symbol Sequence

Puzzle #3: ?

Puzzle #4: Color Code

[edit on 8-8-2008 by AboveTopSecret.com]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Awesome prizes! Thank you to all who are involved in this. I can't imagine the time that goes into all of this and I really appreciate it as a participant of ATS/BTS!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I so wish I was better at solving puzzles.

Give me poem and I can analyse it all day, but a cryptograph?

Ah well, I'll have a go...

LOL

Looking foward to the book btw

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I probably wont have any luck with this, but I’ll have a crack anyway.
Lets see what we get in 13 hours to get this ball rolling.

Good luck everybody!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Custom, limited edition high-quality T-shirts, designed exclusively for winners of the game, $24.95
Edition of Above Top Secret by the New York Times best-selling author, Jim Marrs. $19.95
4 gigabyte Iron Key. $149.00

Solving this puzzle from the greatest Conspiracy board on the web,,,,, Priceless

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It's nice to see the prizes, to bad I [most likely] won't win one. I know it's not the attitude to have, but I'm very new to this cryptogram stuff.

About 12 more hours left.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It may be premature, but to get into the spirit of things. In answer to the question on whatistheconspiracy.com
Yes. I am ready.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
A very thoughful mod thought i would do well in this...

Thanks for pointing it out...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

OK, who's your inside source Lol. I hope you do do well, we are going to need all the help we can get1

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
It may be premature, but to get into the spirit of things. In answer to the question on whatistheconspiracy.com
Yes. I am ready.

R U RDY ?

Oh Geez, was I over-thinking that one

This is going to be fun

Thanks ATS for puting this together

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I think a good idea would to be to identify what kind of system this string of characters could represent

10a6 78cd 66e1 901d e007 556a 111b c0c7 59bf cdaf 1a1e

Hex? Turn to binary, then to Ascii then to text? Or skip the binary conversion?

I dunno, what other options are there?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I hope it does not get much tougher than that or else I am buggered.

Are the numbers and letters at the bottom a warm up exercise or am I doing my head for no reason?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think a good idea would to be to identify what kind of system this string of characters could represent

10a6 78cd 66e1 901d e007 556a 111b c0c7 59bf cdaf 1a1e

Hex? Turn to binary, then to Ascii then to text? Or skip the binary conversion?

I dunno, what other options are there?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
WOOOT!

Good thing Im not smart enough to crack the code!

Gives other people a chance!

*Commencing biomechanical sequence analyzer*

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
There's been some discussion of this puzzle on the soon-to-be-closed game speculation thread starting at p. 49 (which is where I've linked to). The first 48 pages might be worth skimming too

And there's a TinWiki.org page for the game at tinwiki.org/wiki/Whatistheconspiracy too

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Looking forward to the challenge, don't know how good I will do, but it's worth a try.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Ihave absolutely no idea about this stuff, but playing around with Unicode Imanaged to get

Ⴆ 磍 曡 逝  啪 ᄛ 샇 妿 춯 ᨞ 

Does this do anything for anybody?
Ihope it translates OK into the post

[edit on 8/8/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Hey all...

I STRONGLY suggest you listen to the latest ATS MIX Show as the SkepticOverlord goes into a lot of detail and perhaps even shares a hint or two about the game itself.

ATS.MIX: Dr. Michio Kaku (pt-2), Show-92

And good luck to all...!

Johnny

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
After this is all done i hope ATS can provide a solution and explanation to teh scatter graph puzzle and hex puzzles that have been part of the build up. As we have not been able to solve them and its been driving me mad!!!

Wish i wasnt in work when this all started, but ill so my best to catch up

top topics

<<   2 >>

join