It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to ban the sale/transfer of ALL Semi-Automatic weapons.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:

* Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
* Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
* Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.

Source: 1998 IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test Jul 2, 1998

That is his state level work....

And he is breathing hard to re-enact the assault weapons ban as president among several other jackass ideas.

Read all his votes and handgun bill he authored here.

www.ontheissues.org...

A vote for this is a vote for the new form of anti-constitutional evil.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
His stance on gun control and bans would be sufficient enough to cause him to loose millions of votes nationwide. I don't see how he can support such unconstitutional legislation, when he has taught Constitutional law in the past.

You should also post this to the Decision 2008 forum Illahee. It's definitely a valid campaign issue that need s to be discussed in greater detail.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Great job bringing this up here.

Starred and Flagged so others can see.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I thought it was all just a bunch of campaign smear until a buddy sent me the link.

Everyone: Please post this up where ever you may feel it is going to be seen.

This is serious biz, and he has to go down regardless of who we may get stuck with. He want's to take over the Bush dictatorship, lock stock and barrel by taking them all away.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Bahh.. He is all over the place on gun rights. He is going to do whatever excites him on that given day when it comes down to it. No government likes the idea of citizens with guns. Its not about crime, its about control.

Here is another link about his views on gun laws.
www.talkleft.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Interesting page. All I am really interested in is what he has actually done and what his public stance is on gun control.

His public stance is to Ban the sale and transfer of all Semi automatic weapons.

Its no wonder we have the largest amount of gun purchases in history going on right now, as well as the largest number of concealed carry permits ever to be filed. I guess folks are starting to wake up.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
An acquaintance of mine holds the patents to a gun that will only work with the owners fingerprints.

From what I understood, this technology is being withheld until the going gets tough for pro-gun people. When it does, they will introduce it and it will allow for continued gun ownership.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Possibly the saving of the second amendment. Good news!

Now I don't want folks to get the wrong idea, while I staunchly support gun freedoms, I am equally as harsh and venomous on gun crime. Also equally in favor of screening applicants in a very thorough manner. For those that have not become felons, and are mentally sound and stable there should be no restrictions as to firearm ownership.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Thats great but Obama is not President and I kind of doubt he ever will be.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SIRR1

That is what the thread is about. to let the voters know what to expect.

oops missing that second line. Be careful with the vote.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
A President may be able to invade a country and start a war on his own (e.g., GWB) but he'll never take away 2nd amendment rights. Won't happen. The SUpreme Court has already ruled on this and certain entities attempt to circumvent the spirit of the ruling (e.g., requiring guns to be kept disassembled in the home). This is anti-Obama hysteria. Mitt Romney, BTW, is a died-in-the-wool anti gun guy. There's lots of them out there on both sides. Don't mean a thing. Nothing.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SIRR1

Hope youre right on that.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

I feel pretty much the same way about gun ownership. I have no problem whatsoever with a mentally stable person with no violent criminal record owning a gun. I believe there should be background checks done to prevent the wrong people from buying them, but then again if they can't get them legally there are always illegal means of obtaining one. But to try and prevent a law-abiding citizen from owning a gun is ridiculous. Everyone knows the saying if you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns, and it is true.

I see no problem with requiring safety locks on guns either. Accidental discharges happen, even when adults are handling the weapon. Providing a means of preventing the gun from being fired on accident will save lives and I see nothing wrong with that.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I hope you re right about the SC being upheld. He could just as easily abolish the supreme court.

Folks vote the way you want to. But there is a history with this joker and every one should know what bills he drafted an promoted, how he voted, and his public stance.

No one can sweep this history under the rug.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
No reason the government should mandate trigger locks. Just yet another invasion on my privacy. If I want them locked, Ill put the locks on. Never could understand why people feel the government needs to make our lives safer for us. If I have a firearm in my house and I shoot myself, thats my mistake, and my problem. Uncle Sam has no business telling me I cant keep my firearms at the ready should I need them.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

And this is in fact circumventing the right to keep AND bear arms. One should be able to keep arms at ready without breaking any law. Oh thats right thats what the second says huh?

Personally though:
I strongly recommend however if there are others in the home regardless of children or not that you use either the lock or the finger keycode control boxes. It just makes sense to control who has access to your weapons. I do not ever lock a gun unless its in transit, however I do lock the room with sporting goods if anyone comes over, just so its not ever a question as to safety.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Very good point. No matter how well versed we are in firearms, we should never be lax on gun safety. I keep most of mine under lock and key with the exception of my shotgun by my bed and the .40 I carry.

Might be off topic, but when it comes to gun safety we all need to be personally responsible or things like mandatory trigger locks, handgun bans, etc... will get more media attention and thats what the anti-gunners out there want.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
COME AND TAKE IT OBAMA!
i dont care who the president is my guns aint goin anywhere.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

While I partially agree with you, I must say that having locks come with each gun purchase is not a bad idea. Just mandating that guns come with locks is not the same as saying you have to use the lock or that you have to prevent someone with no knowledge of gun safety from grabbing it and accidentally shooting you or themselves. Nothing wrong with making a lock readily available for those who don't want to chance children getting a hold of one though.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

While I partially agree with you, I must say that having locks come with each gun purchase is not a bad idea. Just mandating that guns come with locks is not the same as saying you have to use the lock or that you have to prevent someone with no knowledge of gun safety from grabbing it and accidentally shooting you or themselves. Nothing wrong with making a lock readily available for those who don't want to chance children getting a hold of one though.

I strongly agree. Every purchase should include a locking device, regardless of if the weapon is used or new. This should be a mandatory accessory with all sales. If and how you use it should be covered by the second amendment as your choice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join