It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A RAF Tornado overshoots the runway.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

A RAF Tornado overshoots the runway.

news.sky.com

The jet landed just off the runway in the grass away from the passenger terminal just before 5pm.

Two military personnel on board the craft were able to climb out unhurt
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This was very loud near where I live, one guy I know says he never saw a tornado but another fast moving vehicle

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Another RAF Tornado, flying close to the first aircraft, also suffered a birdstrike and requested permission to make an emergency landing at Durham Tees Valley airport. But it went on to land safely at RAF Leeming in North Yorkshire. The aircraft was not carrying any explosive material, said a force spokesman. what are the odd's of that happening? both of them having to go down from hitting birds...sounds suss

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Never seen a flock of birds?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Not at the height and speed they would of been going, but would 2 fighter jet's be flying close enough together to hit the same flock? it's quite foggy today

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
So, what altitude and speed were they going when they struck the birds? I don't see that mentioned in the article. When I was stationed at RAF Lakenheath in England, we had a pair of F-15s in low-level close-formation maneuvers fly straight into a mountain in Scotland.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 8/6/08 by CO Vet]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I was saying that I've never seen a flock of birds at that height or speed, not being a pilot probably has something to do with that, I was not saying it doest doesn't happen, maybe I didn't articulate myself properly, What happened to your buddy's up in Scotland?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The lead aircraft went into the mountain, and his wingman followed him in. Both died instantly. They didn't know what hit them.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I don't know how it work's, but shouldn't there be someone telling these men about a mountain they are approaching at high speed? that is a terrible story of either a failure of communications between the pilot's and the people on the ground or simple neglect

new topics

top topics

join