It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time To Buy Your Thermals??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This sounds kind of scary -

Last Ice Age happened in less than year say scientists

THE last ice age 13,000 years ago took hold in just one year, more than ten times quicker than previously believed, scientists have warned.

The new findings will add to fears of a serious risk of this happening again in the UK and western Europe – and soon.

news.scotsman.com...

This sounds a bit dangerous? shouldn't this be more widely reported?

Could this be a result of pole shifts? just a thought.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Too many people are focused on the global warming part of climate change. Climate can change quickly in the other direction and back again. What goes up must come down. An ecosystem out of balance will eventually tend toward rebalance.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I've heard it can happen overnigt. Fresh flowers and plants were found in the bellies of animals during that last one

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
yeah I read it can be overnight
nothing scary Though the scientists tell us we experiencing global warming
it's August and the cold Atlantic north easterners make it feel like its Oct

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed, And yes thats quite concerning.

From the Artical i have just read.. This would be a world problem and not just a europe one,

Im wondering what plans would be in place for an event such as this?

yaleglobal.yale.edu...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Interesting article

I don't know what plans you could make... survivalists may need to think of a new option?

Wouldn't all the crops fail and animals die? sounds bad if it happens.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Thermal Climate shift = Earth's Immune System.

So, since thermal shifts are a constant part of the natural life cycle of the planet, it seems that we are all about to get zapped by a cosmic flu shot.
I regret seeing this in my lifetime. I hate cold weather, which is why I live in the warm gulf coastal US. I doubt this will happen in the coming year, but perhaps this is the major global event that is to begin and culminate in 2012.
At the very least, it should be an interesting ride.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Was just reading little bits on survival, lol Cant tell im thinking about this too much now .... being in the UK and all

Seems it can be done, Animals like rabbits and fish ect would be the main source and quick growing plants,

But it would not be easy, www.philforhumanity.com...

[edit on 3-8-2008 by asala]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I can't understand why noone is talking about Nemesis, our twin star. It was reported by ancient civilizations, and as having a 3,600 year orbit around Sol. It is due here next in 2012, and when it passes us, we will have major earthquakes, plates shifting and settling, lots of catastrophic weather like volcanoes, and hurricanes. Much of what we have been experiencing lately is due to an unexpected surge in solar flaring, including the 3 degrees of global warming. Yes, gory al is passing bs about the effects, and about man causing them. 3 degrees is NOT global warming, but that will come when Nemesis gets closer. And I can NOT understand how all these people can pretend to believe the Bible, but not expect these prophesied things to happen. Like Wormwood/Nemesis. NASA initially reported its' effects on planetary orbits, but suddenly went silent. Nothing they can do to stop it, but they can leave us blissfully ignorant, until it gets closer. It is purportedly on the other side of the sun, and should become visible soon. It is a low level star, dim. Smaller than Sol. And has a few planets orbiting it, one is Planet X or Nibiru. Yes, the previously predicted ice age should be popping up soon, but the orbit of Nemesis will affect that in the opposite direction; lots of heat. And I have heard an astronomer say that most stars are twins. Our understanding of physics is woefully inadequate. Look into the Theory of Everything, and Null Physics. Nemesis is said to have Anachim, or Fallen Aliens who, in past flybys, took human 'slaves' and caused major news events. The claim is now, that they genetically modified apes to be their workers, mining valuable minerals deep in the earth. Hence, the 'missing link'. This is a very well contructed lie, over the course of millenia, and most of you will believe it. There are those of us who are watching these events closely, and are planning on going into a safe area when this all comes down. We are expecting two prophets, who will be hated by the world, and then killed publically. They will show us how to survive.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Slightly misleading story - the last ice age began 100,000 years ago. What they're referring to was a sudden cold spell known as the Younger Dryas which occurred at the end of the last ice age, possibly as a result of a sudden release of fresh water into the north Atlantic from the rapidly melting N American ice sheet.

Some have argued that meltwater from the Greenland ice sheet could produce a similar result today.

However, a more relevant comparison to today would be when a similar event occurred 8,200 years ago - and resulted in the temperature of Europe falling by around 1 to 2c for 200 years. So, that would likely be the worse case scenario.

In any case, definitely no new ice age

There's a less sensational story here: www.sciencedaily.com...

And for a good overview of the subject please read this excellent article from WHOI:

www.whoi.edu...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious
I can't understand why noone is talking about Nemesis, our twin star. It was reported by ancient civilizations, and as having a 3,600 year orbit around Sol.

Because it has nothing whatsoever to do with the subject being discussed here?

There are plenty of other threads on ATS about Nibiru, Nemesis, 2012 and all that malarkey. Try a 'search'.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Good read.

It doesn't mention too much about the effects on life though, so I would still suggest buying those thermals.... here's a quote from your second link -

A similar cooling occurred 8,200 years ago. It lasted only about a century—a blip in geological time, but a catastrophe if such a cooling occurred today.

To happen so fast is still news to me though, I thought this happens over decades like your second link confirms, but this new article is suggesting a year.

Do you think a pole shift could cause these sudden changes in wind, anyone know when the last pole shift was?

[edit on 4-8-2008 by II HAL II]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'd love this to happen again - we might finally get a decent winter in Britain!

Originally posted by II HAL II

Do you think a pole shift could cause these sudden changes in wind, anyone know when the last pole shift was?

The last magnetic pole shift was about 700,000 years ago.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

can you provide evidence or scholarly proof/ reports on the statement you have made :
`The last magnetic pole shift was about 700,000 years ago`

i was under the impresion that it was a lot less than that.

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
My apologies, it was actually 780,000 years ago

gsc.nrcan.gc.ca...

science.nasa.gov...

However 'excursions' - when the magnetic field weakens and a pole may temporarily appear further south (or north), but no full reversal occurs (the poles eventually return to where they were before) - do occur on a more frequent basis. The last was the Mono Lake Excursion c26,000 years ago. Which oddly enough coincides with the Last Glacial Maximum - the period when glaciation reached it's greatest extent during the last ice age. When the poles returned to normal, we started the big meltdown.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Thanks essan

much apreciated.

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by Gregarious
I can't understand why noone is talking about Nemesis, our twin star. It was reported by ancient civilizations, and as having a 3,600 year orbit around Sol.

Because it has nothing whatsoever to do with the subject being discussed here?

Apparently, you are not grasping the gestalt. It all fits in together. Nemesis is causing solar flares, causing the 3 degree warming, earthquakes, volcanoes,etc. We have always had these things, but do you not see a sudden increase in the amount, and gravity of the events? This has EVERYTHING to do with this topic. We are overdue for another 'ice-age', and yet we get a slight warming. Many factors interacting. The 'human' factor is delaying the ice age, certainly, but that influence is negligible next to the huge increase in solar flares. Solar flares are not random, but are documented, and predictable. Except this time. Do a little research on these things, and you will also find that there is a major conspiracy to squelch facts that contradict the dating methods used to 'prove' a huge time frame for Earth. Things like over 70 human footprints on top of dinosaur tracks, found in China recently. Like growth rings on trees being different on different sides of the tree, and numerous rings for one year. There is much that is being discovered and learned about our history and reality, but the basics taught in institutions of higher learning have given us a false base to work from. You, perhaps, refuse to be influenced or swayed, but that is OK. You will change your mind when Nemesis almost hits us in a few.

top topics

join