It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Law That Condones Killing A Wife?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
There was similar law in Greece until they joined the EU many many years
It stated that a man could get max up to 5 years if he caught his wife cheating in "flagrante delicto" if he killed her or the guy or both in the heat of the moment.
But that was 20 years ago.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

what are you talking about, im always trying to make u feel better
i was just stating some facts to paint a good picture on what the situation is since its kinda foreign to you. thats all. im siding against the law and somehow the discussion diverted into inequality.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

Ah, it wasn't your fault and you did a good job explaining everything.
The laws just sounded screwy to me.

Adulterous woman: Death Sentence.

Adulterous man: Not really such a thing because just get a fake marriage. No sweat off your nose- the fake wife will be the one to bear the burden of the bogus nuptials. lol

Hm...

That is what I thought was crap- not your post, which I was very grateful for in receiving the explanation.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

hey, I forgive you and i do agree that there alot of crappy things in that country that need to change. but a law like that usually doesnt change at will, something has to demand it, i think the fact that i never heard of the law kinda makes it seem obsolete since in egypt that situation never occurs, secondly, no guns! which makes killing less tempting especially when its out of anger.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join