It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA distorting colour of Images?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
p.s. do they look CGI to anyone else?

No.

I will try to find more photos with those markings (now I am looking for something else), but I think it will be difficult to convince you.

[edit on 5/8/2008 by ArMaP]

We are not trying to convince each other, we are showing why we believe the things we do. I accepted it when you first mentioned that this could have been an abrasion tool mark, but I accepted the possibility, not the 'fact'.

EMM

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

People get so wound up about this nonsense. I still don't see any particularly good reason for NASA or JPL or any of the tens of thousands of people employed by those organizations to want to (or even be able to) keep the true color of Mars a secret. "Oh, they're covering up the fact that there's life on Mars because the religions would freak out!" These same scientists who are always being accused of trying to undermine religion at every step? These same scientists who would be guaranteed high-paying jobs and maybe even immortal fame if they could discover life? Are we talking about the same guys here?

I wouldn't say it was through fear of upsetting religions, I would say it was to buy time to monopolize minerals and materials that could be planet specific and very useful, simiar to H3 on the moon. Why let all sorts of people up there to mine and share your bounty, when you can easily lie about it, I say easily because if this is true, it's been happening since at least the 60's, possibly even earlier and it hasn't got out yet.

EMM

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Some more picture of the 'red' planet,

The soil doesn't look that frozen, does it?

EMM

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

The soil doesn't look that frozen, does it?

EMM

Well, it's not frozen "solid", but (if I may blunt) what's the significance of your statement?

If I took very fine and very dry sand here on earth and subjected it to below freezing temperatures, it would act a lot like it does in that picture -- that is, it would act like very dry, very fine sand (cold or otherwise).

The top layer of soil at the Phoenix landing site (near the Martian North Pole) is also loose material. The ground isn't frozen solid until you go down 2 inches to the water-ice layer.

The rovers are closer to the equator where the soil (at least as far as we can tell) is dry. Without the ice to bind the soil together, it would just be loose, such as in that photo.

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

I was just joking, I never want to convince people, I want them to reach their conclusions. If those conclusions are like my own conclusions, even better.

See the images in these galleries, from the site of the company that made the RAT.

RAT
On Mars
Grinds

And why not?
Drawings

top topics

<< 1   >>

join