It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starved, disabled girl was failed at every turn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Starved, disabled girl was failed at every turn

news.yahoo.com

Unable to help herself because of her cerebral palsy, she wasted away from malnutrition and maggot-infested bedsores that ate her flesh. She died alone on a putrid mattress in her mother's home, the floor covered in feces. She was 14 but weighed just 42 pounds.

The nightmare of forced starvation and infection that killed Danieal while she was under the protection of the city's human services agency is documented in a 258-page grand jury report released this week that charges nine people — her parents, four social workers and three family friends — in her ghastly death.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
this is a sad and horrible case and according to the article the social workers are being investigated for falsefying home visit reports. this lil girl dident even have a chance. neglected by her father, ignored and forsaken by her own mother and treated with fatal indiffreance by the goverment.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Wow... that is indeed terrible. The world is spiraling into madness.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by krill

makes me sick
sick enough a parent could do this
but something that could have been pre-vented if the people who were suppose to be looking out for these kids did their job.

whats the point in taking a Job if they werent going to do it properly

these people should also be locked up for neglect.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
remember ALL of the people mentioned were either paid or recieved money to care for the dead girl - thats the sickening part about it - they all knew and didn`t do a damn thing.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I started a thread on this yesterday but no one cared, very sad.
Abovetopsecret

It is not only with social services but even in nursing homes but you rarely hear a word regarding it.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Religion
Wow... that is indeed terrible. The world is spiraling into madness.

Naa there has always been people this selfish in the world, actually human rights for kids has not been better ever, though there are deplorable things that still happen all over the world, it is way less then it ever was.

I am glad to see them hold everyone accountable, and I hope they make a lesson of them, if not only to show other selfish bastards do your job or rot in jail

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Wow this is truly sad...and only 42 ibs?!

I know I may sound rude in saying this (Though I'm certainly not trying to be)
at least she is dead and out of the misery, it sounds cynical and again I'm sorry to say, but to me at least she's free from all the alignments that had befallen upon her.

I can say this enough, but my post is not meant to be a mock or anything, don't want people to think that about me

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I can uderstand everyones anger and I'm not trying to defend any of these peoples actions especially Department of Human Services but I have taken care of inflicted individuals and it is not something everyone is suited to do. If the mother was doing the care by herself while taking care of the other children, she surely lapsed into some kind of depression over her situation. Not to mention the resentment she felt when her husband brought back her daughter and then bailed out. She herself needed daily counceling and Human Services failed her and she in turn failed her child.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
no, I disagree. There is something called personal accountability. I have a short temper, I realize this. I have a daughter with autism. Sometimes she can drive me ABSOLUTELY NUTS. She can get me so mad I can punch her. You know what I do. I send her to her room, and I leave. I have a smoke. I play my game, I read abovetopsecret. I have another smoke. Then after I calm down, I talk to her. Granted there are times I start screaming, those are few and far between, and usually after I do, I say I'm sorry, I lost my temper, we will discuss this later cause Daddy has to calm down, then go outside.

My point is, I have no one to blame for my actions but myself. If I hit her, I am abusive and she should be taken away. If I am screaming at her uncontrollably, I am abusive and she should be taken away. I am the person in charge of myself, not some idiot. I control my behavior, or lack the ability to do so.

This mother is guilty, guilty as hell. She should be charged with everything under the sun. Where was the father, he should be charged as a accesory simply because he allowed it to happen. You can't tell me the father didn't know about this. If he didn't know about it, then he is negligent. The aides and the social workers are guilty as hell to, not only for accessory, but for willfully abetting the crime. They are just as guilty as the mother and should be charged.

Just my opinion.

Camain

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The US is now copying China's policies with regard to their girls in orphanages. They have dying rooms where they are left to starve. The US is already the fourth reicht, whereas just a few years ago, it hid this a lot better.

top topics

join